Notices

de cat up pipe what else do i need

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2014, 10:45 PM
tara-louise
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default de cat up pipe what else do i need

im new so don't know very much about Subaru's any way I want to decat my car as ive been told this will help her bhp a lil bit ive bought a de cat up pipe what else do I need id be very grateful for some help. oh my car is a uk Subaru imprexa turbo 2000 xx

Last edited by tara-louise; 15 November 2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 15 November 2014, 11:13 PM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To decat it you would remove the cats in the downpipe, if you have a newage you would also remove the cat in the up pipe but the classic shape didnt have one fitted..

It would also be advisable to then get it checked by a tuner to ensure its running safely

Last edited by Dubzy; 15 November 2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 15 November 2014, 11:49 PM
tara-louise
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dubzy
To decat it you would remove the cats in the downpipe, if you have a newage you would also remove the cat in the up pipe but the classic shape didnt have one fitted..

It would also be advisable to then get it checked by a tuner to ensure its running safely

sorry but what do you mean by newage. and I meant for the exhaust parts I seen something about a up pipe/down pipe n center piece ive purchased a new de cated up pipe so would I need the other two parts. I know it may seem a daft question but I really have no idea. came into a bit of money and bought her not realising how different they are to standard cars. my mistake really lol xxx
Old 16 November 2014, 12:32 AM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tara-louise
sorry but what do you mean by newage. and I meant for the exhaust parts I seen something about a up pipe/down pipe n center piece ive purchased a new de cated up pipe so would I need the other two parts. I know it may seem a daft question but I really have no idea. came into a bit of money and bought her not realising how different they are to standard cars. my mistake really lol xxx
A classis is pre 2001 and a newage is 2001 onwards. If you have a pre 2001 then you wont have a cat in your up pipe so no need for a decat up pipe and you just need to replace the downpipe where the cat is located.. Only the newage models had the cats fitted in the up pipe.

Hope this help

Dubzy
Old 16 November 2014, 12:34 AM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

What exact year and model is your car ?? and theres no better way to spend your cash than on a scooby lol
Old 16 November 2014, 12:47 AM
tara-louise
Scooby Regular

What exact year and model is your car ?? and theres no better way to spend your cash than on a scooby lol
My car is a Subaru Impreza wrx turbo, on x reg so year is 2000/2001 so I've been told, and looked online at new age shes certainly not a new age one. Lol, she has 3 cats, in up pipe, down pipe and center pipe, amazing what google can tell you, so I'm guessing id need all them de cat pipes. Can i just ask if i remove the cats is there anything i want to watch out for like sensors or anything, that I'm unsure off xx
Old 16 November 2014, 12:57 AM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

You wont have a cat in you up pipe, they were only fitted from the factory on later models so u dont need the part you have bought. You have a cat in your downpipe which you can replace with an aftermarket downpipe. You have a resonator fitted in the centre pipe which is more of a sound killer than a performance killer but sounds much nicer when replaced.

Regarding your sensors, you will likely get a (cel) an engine warning light on the dashboard after removing the cat in the downpipe, there are fairly simple fixes for this and a common thing when replacing said part.
Old 16 November 2014, 01:10 AM
tara-louise
Scooby Regular

You wont have a cat in you up pipe, they were only fitted from the factory on later models so u dont need the part you have bought. You have a cat in your downpipe which you can replace with an aftermarket downpipe. You have a resonator fitted in the centre pipe which is more of a sound killer than a performance killer but sounds much nicer when replaced.

Regarding your sensors, you will likely get a (cel) an engine warning light on the dashboard after removing the cat in the downpipe, there are fairly simple fixes for this and a common thing when replacing said part.

I downloaded a diagram which says there's a cat in up pipe, it says there's three cats. But I could be looking at the wrong diagram, and I don't know if I can share it on it on here? Xx
Old 16 November 2014, 01:27 AM
tara-louise
Scooby Regular

Old 16 November 2014, 01:32 AM
tara-louise
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tara-louise
This the diagram I looked at..mine has a tdo4 turbo which is believe is fitted standard, nothing has been done to her really. I'm just going by what I've been told. I dont know if this helps u,. Xxx
Old 16 November 2014, 07:40 AM
scoobyricht
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The diagram you have is for a newage. Classics dont have a cat in the uppipe. Neither do they have a mid pipe with a cat like on the diagram. The std classic uppipe is pretty crappy tho with the flexy joint and the heatsheilds that rattle. Be careful with replacing it as some "decat" uppipes have a bigger bore/internal diameter that will slow spool and make the car feel sluggish. Harvey trick uppipe is what you want.