Notices

VIN

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2014, 09:56 AM
ShaggyRogers
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN

Hi, new here and in Essex. Now I hope you can all follow this after a few beers lol... try it!

VIN is "---GDGK.........."

Do you have a GDGK VIN for a WRX or a GDG7?

I got a 2007 Impreza WRX with VIN "G" as 6th letter. Weird Does this conform to the usual VIN format?...

It's a legitimate Subaru Impreza "Hawkeye" WRX 2.5 - HPI and DVLA advised its ok.

It has 4th and 5th VIN letters indicating "GD" to show this is a standard model "Impreza - Sec Gen Sedan" model accordingly, however the GK immediately after GD in the VIN number only makes some sense because the "K" is for a WRX or STi which is good and ok...

But the 6th letter G is questionable as I believe it should be a number... The engine type is the 6th character. Check this link: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle...baru/VIN_Codes

So could the G in position 6 be wrong such that the "ABCDEFG" is the 7th letter in the alphabet such that it should be really be reading 7K - "7" being for a 2500cc AWD Turbo which is what the car is rather than a "G"?

Did someone get it wrong on registering perhaps, like a typo from when registered new in the UK (2007)? Or is there something about "GDGK" that makes it some sort of grey import or the like?

Can anyone help and advise if they've seen this before?

And, to be sure where can I check the VIN on the car please? I don't know where it is... newbie

Hope I didn't blow anyone's gasket with this post

Feedback Appreciated. Cheers.
Old 08 October 2014, 04:00 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb Everywhere

VIN should be visible through a window in the black windscreen surround bottom left. Sticker under bonnet. Sticker on inside of bootlid. V5C. Etched into glass. Stamped into bodywork panel at rear of engine bay.

Probably other places if I went and had a look.
Old 13 October 2014, 04:05 PM
ShaggyRogers
Scooby Newbie

Nice One Thanks for the info.