Notices

Nitrous help

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2014, 09:40 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Nitrous help

Need help with a nitrus kit I have got a nos kit for my car but am not sure wear the jet go's . is it wear the top intercooler go's into the engine or wear the air box is the pipe that go's into the engine . If some has fitted nos to there car can u send me a pic of wear it go's . I no wear all the other bits go and have got all the brackets sorted to fit the solenoids and so on . But just stuck on wear the jet go's . The one that sprays the nitrus into the engine . Pic would be help full . The only one I can find as they have changed the intercooler and so on it hard to work it out . Please no bad comments just need help on this
Thank u
Old 29 August 2014, 11:32 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

Really do you need NOS fitted to yours car?

What turbo are you running ?

But here is picture how it looks and where is fitted NOS jet/frogger

Thanks,Jura
Old 30 August 2014, 12:43 AM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Such a shame you had to break that Jura. That was one stunning car!
Old 30 August 2014, 01:12 AM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Thank u Jura. U asked me do I really need nos . Well may be no may be yes it's somthing iv always wanted . Plus u asked what trubo I am run it's a jap import WRX runing a td05 trubo . Running around 260 ish BHP . It's got sti handerling pack & yes iv done the brakes .
Thank u for all the info and pic .
Old 30 August 2014, 01:13 AM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

How did u get on with runing nos . As I take it that was your car .
U must of liked it pushing a button and upping the power by 50/100bhp..
P.s I will be fitting 440jets the yellow one or do u think I shod go bigger . Any help would be grate full as iv got the kit just got to fit it .

Last edited by Jayjay100; 30 August 2014 at 01:17 AM.
Old 30 August 2014, 01:51 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tyler 1
Such a shame you had to break that Jura. That was one stunning car!
Thanks Tyler,has been awesome car,really I miss that car

Thanks,Jura

Originally Posted by Jayjay100
Thank u Jura. U asked me do I really need nos . Well may be no may be yes it's somthing iv always wanted . Plus u asked what trubo I am run it's a jap import WRX runing a td05 trubo . Running around 260 ish BHP . It's got sti handerling pack & yes iv done the brakes .
Thank u for all the info and pic .
Hi there

You shouldn't need to run NOS on yours car,NOS is mostly used for spooling big turbos,in our case,we are wanted to run bit bigger turbo,but after few more research we are went with MDX321T and this turbo performed well on 2.1L without the NOS,with NOS we are got full boost at around 3000RPM,without the NOS we are have full boost at 4500RPM

You need to have this mapped and personally I would leave this on ECU,some ECU can control NOS without the issue and for this you will need solid state relay

Thanks,Jura
How did u get on with runing nos . As I take it that was your car .
U must of liked it pushing a button and upping the power by 50/100bhp..
P.s I will be fitting 440jets the yellow one or do u think I shod go bigger . Any help would be grate full as iv got the kit just got to fit it .
Hi there

NOS has been controlled by Syvecs S6 ECU with solid state relay,all this has wired for us Tim@JT Innovation,NOS fitting done for us Neil@Slowboy racing

Now about the yours question,this car/wagon above has been our(me and my brother)

No we are not used button,you can have done this or via full throttle switch or let to ECU to control like we have,for this we have extra map(when 0bar has been reached,NOS started to kick,when I say kick,I say really kick),as above I've said,you will need to have in all cases mapped

We are run only 25hp,but difference has been awesome feel and you are feel that,really feel of NOS is probably best feel what we are tried

440cc injectors will be bit small there,I would go with bit bigger and I would suggest you get yours injectors to re-flowed and about the NOS jet,I would start with 25hp NOS jet and then I would up

Is yours NOS kit,wet or Dry system ? Or rather how many NOS solenoids you have,2 or just one?

Thanks,Jura
Old 30 August 2014, 02:08 AM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

U have given me so much info thank u .
It's a wet nos with 2 solenoids .
Will get it mapped and was going to go for the the ECU or the esl one that can run 2 maps . Is that right .
Am going to up the jet was going to do 440jets but now am thinking I need bigger .
And I will do what u say about the 25 hp 1st then go from there .
Old 30 August 2014, 02:17 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

U have given me so much info thank u .
It's a wet nos with 2 solenoids .
Will get it mapped and was going to go for the the ECU or the esl one that can run 2 maps . Is that right .
Am going to up the jet was going to do 440jets but now am thinking I need bigger .
And I will do what u say about the 25 hp 1st then go from there .

Hi there

If its wet NOS system,then you will need to have aftermarket FPR(Fuel pressure regulator) and run extra hose from FPR to the NOS fuel solenoid

But you can ditch the Fuel solenoid and run only NOS solenoid,basically you will have Dry NOS system,which most people prefer to have,less complication and in many eyes bit safer,but for Dry NOS you will need get bigger injectors

ESL not sure if have NOS control,if yes then that's perfect,please speak with yours mapper or with ESL

25HP jet should be best best,I would go first with 25hp jet and then I would up to the desired level

Thanks,Jura
Old 30 August 2014, 07:09 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

What is your chosen method of controlling the nos?

Joe
Old 30 August 2014, 08:34 AM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by joe v3sti
What is your chosen method of controlling the nos?

Joe
Mmmm don't no the ECU . It's a wizards of nos wet kit. If u can let me no or give me more info I will take any help I can get before fitting it . I got the kit on eBay for £300 could not say no to that price .
It's just something i have always wanted on a car . So when it came up well u no the rest . How would u control it .
Old 30 August 2014, 08:50 AM
stevemoir
Scooby Regular

You either need a aftermarket ecu capable of controlling nos or the won controller

Tbh you don't need the nos at your power level your gonna blow the welds on the Intake

Steve
Old 30 August 2014, 12:04 PM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

Mmmm don't no the ECU . It's a wizards of nos wet kit. If u can let me no or give me more info I will take any help I can get before fitting it . I got the kit on eBay for £300 could not say no to that price .
It's just something i have always wanted on a car . So when it came up well u no the rest . How would u control it .
As said I'd go for a won controller , if your only gonna use 25 jets personally I wouldn't use a controller but if you do I'd go for the maximiser. If u have 2-1 jets make sure you have a 950 bottle pressure and remember that 25 bhp on a turbo will probably end up being double . Fit your crossfire injector before the throttle body with the pulseoids within a 14 inch distance.

Last edited by bigdal; 30 August 2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 30 August 2014, 12:22 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi there

Personally I would save money and get ECU which can control NOS like is AlcaTek or Syvecs,agree is more expensive,but will worth it,on AlcaTek you can have 8 maps and on Syvecs S6 12 maps

Personally I wouldn't run any NOS controller

Thanks,Jura

Originally Posted by bigdal
As said I'd go for a won controller , if your only gonna use 25 jets personally I wouldn't use a controller but if you do I'd go for the maximiser. If u have 2-1 jets make sure you have a 950 bottle pressure and remember that 25 bhp on a turbo will probably end up being double . Fit your crossfire injector before the throttle body with the pulseoids within a 14 inch distance.
Did you ever run NOS on yours car and do you know,running unmapped NOS will end with big trouble

Good NOS pressure is somewhere between the 800-950psi,some don't recommend go bellow 950psi

I wouldn't use on Subaru any NOS controller,leave it on ECU which can control NOS,its easier to setup and most mappers are good with mapping of NOS

AlcaTek ECU can control NOS can be bought for nice money,Syvecs is bit pricey,but is the best ECU and ESL on this I'm not 100% sure if can control NOS

Thanks,Jura
Old 30 August 2014, 12:43 PM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi there

Personally I would save money and get ECU which can control NOS like is AlcaTek or Syvecs,agree is more expensive,but will worth it,on AlcaTek you can have 8 maps and on Syvecs S6 12 maps

Personally I wouldn't run any NOS controller

Thanks,Jura

Did you ever run NOS on yours car and do you know,running unmapped NOS will end with big trouble

Good NOS pressure is somewhere between the 800-950psi,some don't recommend go bellow 950psi

I wouldn't use on Subaru any NOS controller,leave it on ECU which can control NOS,its easier to setup and most mappers are good with mapping of NOS

AlcaTek ECU can control NOS can be bought for nice money,Syvecs is bit pricey,but is the best ECU and ESL on this I'm not 100% sure if can control NOS

Thanks,Jura
Yes I've been running won kits for over 15 years . I wouldn't go below 900 and if your not running it with a bottle heater you won't get near that and colder times of the year you'll be at 400-450.A maximiser is very simple to set up and has a lot more settings you can set . E.g when I was running 200 bhp jets on my mustang I would set one setting for 50% and add the rest 1.5 secs later another setting to add 20 bhp in 1st 50 bhp in 2nd 50 bhp in 3rd 50 bhp in 4th etc. Or full 200 bhp straight. You can run unmapped with a wet kit

Last edited by bigdal; 30 August 2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 30 August 2014, 12:54 PM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/view...php?f=6&t=5754
Old 30 August 2014, 12:59 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Yes I've been running won kits for over 15 years . I wouldn't go below 900 and if your not running it with a bottle heater you won't get near that and colder times of the year you'll be at 400-450.A maximiser is very simple to set up and has a lot more settings you can set . E.g when I was running 200 bhp jets on my mustang I would set one setting for 50% and add the rest 1.5 secs later another setting to add 20 bhp in 1st 50 bhp in 2nd 50 bhp in 3rd 50 bhp in 4th etc. Or full 200 bhp straight. You can run unmapped with a wet kit
Hi there

As I said many people have own opinion on the what NOS pressure is best,we never run bellow 850 in hot weather,during cold weather,you can reach too 850-900 but in car must be hot and you will be able reach this pressure,yes agree in cold weather or during winter we are seen usually 650...

Those controllers I wouldn't run,seen one guy has run this setup and his engine ended with nice big bang on drag strip,yes depends how is set,but personally I wouldn't touch anything what is called NOS controller

On Subaru are you sure you can run Wet NOS kit unmapped,I wouldn't run on Subaru,you can try

Comparing the Mustang or any other US muscle with Subaru I wouldn't,friend in US running old Buick with twin turbo setup unmapped for several years and he making crazy power on the engine,but trying this on the Subaru or any other car I wouldn't

As I said you can try run un-mapped NOS on yours Subaru if you want

Thanks,Jura
Old 30 August 2014, 01:06 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

I would rather have opinion from mapper than from WON forum,where they're for only one reason,sell and sell

Thanks,Jura
Old 30 August 2014, 01:15 PM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

I would rather have opinion from mapper than from WON forum,where they're for only one reason,sell and sell

Thanks,Jura
Sorry mate totally disagree .
Old 30 August 2014, 01:18 PM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/view...t=3294&start=0
I'm sure roger clarke motorsport would have chosen to map if that was the case

Last edited by bigdal; 30 August 2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 30 August 2014, 01:35 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate totally disagree .
As I said,I would rather have opinion from mappers like Simon@JGM,Paul@Zen or AndyF,Duncan@Race dynamix or MartynJ or AlanJ@Enginetuner

They have better experience with NOS than me,we run mapped NOS and I wouldn't run un-mapped NOS on my car

Try post this on 22b forum and ask them on their opinion

Thanks,Jura

I'm pretty sure they have run mapped NOS and I wouldn't think Olly or Matt Clark@RCM would run un-mapped NOS on their pride and joy and TA car,you can still ask them

As I said,you can ask on any other Subaru forum what people think running unmapped NOS on the Subaru,they will only tell you its needs to be mapped

Thanks,Jura
Old 30 August 2014, 01:52 PM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

As I said,I would rather have opinion from mappers like Simon@JGM,Paul@Zen or AndyF,Duncan@Race dynamix or MartynJ or AlanJ@Enginetuner

They have better experience with NOS than me,we run mapped NOS and I wouldn't run un-mapped NOS on my car

Try post this on 22b forum and ask them on their opinion

Thanks,Jura

I'm pretty sure they have run mapped NOS and I wouldn't think Olly or Matt Clark@RCM would run un-mapped NOS on their pride and joy and TA car,you can still ask them

As I said,you can ask on any other Subaru forum what people think running unmapped NOS on the Subaru,they will only tell you its needs to be mapped

Thanks,Jura
Why wouldn't they? Also I would rather have Trevor from wizards of nos opinion/and experience all day long for running nitrous.
Old 30 August 2014, 08:19 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Wow so much info to take in . I will read all that has been sent to me & then let u no what I will go for . For got I need a bottle heater .
But thank u to all of u for your info & help . & there me thinking I got this nos things sorted . I think I need to rethink this set up as its alot more to it .
I get there . Thank u to all of u
Old 30 August 2014, 10:59 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Old 30 August 2014, 10:59 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

This is the kit I got
Old 30 August 2014, 11:03 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Just when talking to wizards of nos they told me the kit work fine with a Subaru . Infact they say its works better with a trubo as it somthing to do with being colder . U all can tell by now I am new to this nitrous thing . I no about ECU mapping and so on just nos is new to me .

Last edited by Jayjay100; 30 August 2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 31 August 2014, 11:52 AM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

Just when talking to wizards of nos they told me the kit work fine with a Subaru . Infact they say its works better with a trubo as it somthing to do with being colder . U all can tell by now I am new to this nitrous thing . I no about ECU mapping and so on just nos is new to me .
Nice.Get yourself a bottle heater and make sure your clutch is up to the job as you get roughly 1 lbft of torque to every 1hp. I used there kits for years and never blew one engine , I've had straight 50 bhp on ford xflow, 50 bhp on a 200sx which made an extra 87 bhp due to cooling effects to 175bhp on a standard vauxhall vectra V6. I've blown 3 engines without nitrous all turbo and one was on a live mapping session ,ive always found it safe and stick with there kits and products some others are shocking and will do damage. Read up about static test and everything else if your new to it , remember that any power jets e.g 100 bhp are sent out with a 2-1 ratio are at bottle pressure of 950psi ,so if it's cold outside and you don't have a bottle heater you'll be over fuelling. Get nitrous pressure and fuel pressure gauges. If they are used thermoplastic pipework if you have to cut the down make sure they are flush and sliced with a Stanley .

Last edited by bigdal; 31 August 2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 31 August 2014, 12:00 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Nice.Get yourself a bottle heater and make sure your clutch is up to the job as you get roughly 1 lbft of torque to every 1hp. I used there kits for years and never blew one engine , I've had straight 50 bhp on ford xflow, 50 bhp on a 200sx which made an extra 87 bhp due to cooling effects to 175bhp on a standard vauxhall vectra V6. I've blown 3 engines without nitrous all turbo and one was on a live mapping session ,ive always found it safe and stick with there kits and products some others are shocking and will do damage. Read up about static test and everything else if your new to it , remember that any power jets e.g 100 bhp are sent out with a 2-1 ratio are at bottle pressure of 950psi ,so if it's cold outside and you don't have a bottle heater you'll be over fuelling. Get nitrous pressure and fuel pressure gauges. If they are used thermoplastic pipework if you have to cut the down make sure they are flush and sliced with a Stanley .
Or just sell the NOS kit and spend the money on something worthwhile would be my advice.
Old 31 August 2014, 08:15 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From the OP in your link:

Originally Posted by NOSForum
The power figures are rear wheel figures, so outstanding results.
I'll assume they are on about the Gobstopper? What did they do, stick the front end up on axle stands and strap the rear onto a dyno?
Old 31 August 2014, 08:43 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Or just sell the NOS kit and spend the money on something worthwhile would be my advice.
Lol . I take it u don't like nos then.
It's just something iv always wanted on a car.
But I did think it would be no problem fitting . I.e bolt it all together and away I go. But I am now gong to get a bottle heater and gauges up the fuel jets as 440s are no good need bigger. And do alot more reading befor fitting the kit . It's a bit of a set back but I want to get it right .
But you all have been helpfull so I would like to thank u all for that.
Old 31 August 2014, 08:44 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude i nearly had you, oh and be careful you dont blow the welds on the intake.

Quick Reply: Nitrous help