Tdo5 16g on a 99 Forrester engine

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2014, 06:15 PM
RickH
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tdo5 16g on a 99 Forrester engine

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forums and fairly new to subaru. I'll write a bit of background info on this.

I've recently bought a 99 Impreza 25Stars shell LHD with the ECU that comes with it but no motor. Last week I've been given the chance to use a 99 Forrester S Turbo for it's engine which has a STI TMIC,with a Tdo 35 with manual boostcontroller.

Now I already have a Tdo5 16g with the 90 degree bend, 97 TMIC and equal length headers which I'm planning to use. I'm not using the manual boostcontroller and I'm not sure yet what TMIC to use. I might have the chance to buy pink injectors but thats not a sure thing.

I'm planning not to run at max power because it will be a daily driver for me and the gf. What will be the best balance for this and what should be bought in addition if needed?
Old 13 July 2014, 06:30 PM
Rick2014
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RickH
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forums and fairly new to subaru. I'll write a bit of background info on this.

I've recently bought a 99 Impreza 25Stars shell LHD with the ECU that comes with it but no motor. Last week I've been given the chance to use a 99 Forrester S Turbo for it's engine which has a STI TMIC,with a Tdo 35 with manual boostcontroller.

Now I already have a Tdo5 16g with the 90 degree bend, 97 TMIC and equal length headers which I'm planning to use. I'm not using the manual boostcontroller and I'm not sure yet what TMIC to use. I might have the chance to buy pink injectors but thats not a sure thing.

I'm planning not to run at max power because it will be a daily driver for me and the gf. What will be the best balance for this and what should be bought in addition if needed?
Ive got a 2000 forester and ive upgraded to a td04 turbo .I was going to use the td05 my self but went against it.It will fit and work.But the turbo will need to be front entry and not top entry fed unless your using the rest of the gear ie loom,ecu,sensors from your shell you have bought then you should be fine
Old 13 July 2014, 06:43 PM
RickH
Scooby Newbie

From the shell I only have the wiring loom that goes back to the ECU, same as in the Forrester. The Impreza did not come with sensors or things like vac hoses, coolant lines etc.

I've read upon NASIOC that I also should put in bigger injectors but I do have a Walbro pump that came with the car as I forgot to mention. Can it run with the stock injectors after the remap or should I put in bigger ones?
Old 13 July 2014, 07:36 PM
Rick2014
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RickH
From the shell I only have the wiring loom that goes back to the ECU, same as in the Forrester. The Impreza did not come with sensors or things like vac hoses, coolant lines etc.

I've read upon NASIOC that I also should put in bigger injectors but I do have a Walbro pump that came with the car as I forgot to mention. Can it run with the stock injectors after the remap or should I put in bigger ones?
In my opinion you should at least be looking for yellow injectors to run the td05 if you don't have them already .If you already have the shell I would in my opinion get the bits to suit the loom for the Impreza and not the forester
Old 13 July 2014, 08:01 PM
martinnitram
Scooby Regular

I thought all 99 engines came with the yellow injectors as standard?
Old 13 July 2014, 09:19 PM
RickH
Scooby Newbie

Yellow injectors are 440 iirc and grey injectors are 380. I haven't checked yet what the colors are on the Forrester engine but if needed, I can buy pink injectors.