Notices

Popsnbangs/mild anti lag/launch control

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2014, 08:16 PM
Brett-wv14
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popsnbangs/mild anti lag/launch control

Speaking with duncan ready for a map just wondering what the 3 above are in a nutshell.
I would like to have bangs and pops but controllabe i.e nothing when being sensible.

Is launch control needed for anti lag? + pops and bags etc

Any info would be great.
Old 24 April 2014, 10:21 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Launch control isn't needed for pops and bangs/anti lag.

Do a search a on Youtube for anti lag/launch control

If you are getting Duncan to map your car you really should sort out your requirements with him
Old 24 April 2014, 10:23 PM
Brett-wv14
Scooby Regular

Yea i have been im not ever going to launch my car but i really like when the car bkunces off the limiter really fast and pops and bangs so to scheive that go with launch control and mild anti lag?
Old 25 April 2014, 12:17 AM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brett-wv14
Yea i have been im not ever going to launch my car but i really like when the car bkunces off the limiter really fast and pops and bangs so to scheive that go with launch control and mild anti lag?
Just explain what you want to your mapper and he will tell you A. if it can be done and B. if it's a good idea.

But if you treat your engine like that too often it won't last long. I would just settle for some pops and bangs on over run... No ill effects. When you start looking at anti lag and such you are going to need deep pockets when things start failing.
Old 25 April 2014, 12:18 PM
Steve's Sti
Scooby Regular

anti-lag is quite hard on the motor I've launch control used it twice is more a gimic and will wear clutches big time if still on standard,
Old 25 April 2014, 12:33 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Every post I see from you is about making your car louder and more obnoxious, leave the pops and bangs and launch control etc out of it,its hard on the motor and clutch and will bring nothing to the party other than showing off to kids at mcdonalds,
Old 25 April 2014, 01:28 PM
Brett-wv14
Scooby Regular

Ive read posts from duncan saying its fine when mild. What kind of red blooded male wouldnt want that noise? If i was driving along with 300bhp and a 1000bhp supra came screeming past last thing i would think is loud and obnoxious i would think hes the man!! Rally cars are the best sounding cars in the world. Listen to them launching with als. Its personal prefrence i didnt ask for your opinion i asked what they were!..as far as loud and obnoxious goes your not only offending me but maybe half of the members on this forum. Were all loud and obnoxius thats why we all own subarus isnt it? Some more than others. Like i said i wont ever launch my car i dont intend on doing anything that would damage the car thats why im asking. When i read a post off duncan saying its ok then i belive its ok.
Old 25 April 2014, 01:41 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Ive read posts from duncan saying its fine when mild. What kind of red blooded male wouldnt want that noise? If i was driving along with 300bhp and a 1000bhp supra came screeming past last thing i would think is loud and obnoxious i would think hes the man!! Rally cars are the best sounding cars in the world. Listen to them launching with als. Its personal prefrence i didnt ask for your opinion i asked what they were!..as far as loud and obnoxious goes your not only offending me but maybe half of the members on this forum. Were all loud and obnoxius thats why we all own subarus isnt it? Some more than others. Like i said i wont ever launch my car i dont intend on doing anything that would damage the car thats why im asking. When i read a post off duncan saying its ok then i belive its ok.
As a car enthusiast, yes you might think that, everyone else is thinking what a tool...

Personally as a car enthusiast I agree that a 1000hp supra will be loud and it is required, but wanting to make your car sound like a rally car when it isnt is just pointless IMO. Especially why pay for launch control (it is what you have described) when you arent going to ever launch the car? The only time you will use it is to show off to kids in mcdonalds...

And soft cutting for the ALS will mean it is going ot be better on your engine etc, of course it will, but again its really not required as what you have described is launch control.

Anti lag will give you pops and bangs on over run and lifting off the accelerator, launch control sets a rev limit and builds boost while you arent moving and gives you the sound you described.

Pops and bangs on over run in the map cant be turned on and off like ALS and LC and will get very boring very quickly.

So in summary a waste of time and money.
Old 25 April 2014, 04:21 PM
Brett-wv14
Scooby Regular

Your right. Few points tho its my first subaru your talking from experience youve probably already been down that route yourself. And yes it is to show off and yes i do want to show off to my naturally aspirated friends who swear by vtec. I wasnt paying for it ive gota get mapped anyway. If i like it and theres no harm in it whats the problem. If it can cause damage then i wont have it anyway. Just keep your posts less personal i personally hate classics and would never have one but thats just my opinion.
Old 25 April 2014, 04:57 PM
romford-boy
Scooby Regular

Mine is a 2005 Blob STi, mapped by Duncan, no anti-lag or anything, just a standard go-faster map. Resulted in 330bhp and a lot of pops and bangs (the car isn't even decatted). Sounds great.
Old 25 April 2014, 05:36 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Your right. Few points tho its my first subaru your talking from experience youve probably already been down that route yourself. And yes it is to show off and yes i do want to show off to my naturally aspirated friends who swear by vtec. I wasnt paying for it ive gota get mapped anyway. If i like it and theres no harm in it whats the problem. If it can cause damage then i wont have it anyway. Just keep your posts less personal i personally hate classics and would never have one but thats just my opinion.
it was at no point personal, you took it personally which was your choice. I couldnt give a monkeys what you think of classics, because unbeknown to you, I hate them too....

Its a web forum, people have opinions, not necessarily the ones you want to hear.
Old 25 April 2014, 08:13 PM
Brett-wv14
Scooby Regular

I dont care what people think im aware some people might think im a dick for a loud exhaust but i have no intention of making freinds with those people or giving a **** what they think. Im happy with my new loud subaru the way i like it. I do it for me not for other people. And by the way your way more of a tool than me. Haha
Old 25 April 2014, 08:27 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

I dont care what people think im aware some people might think im a dick for a loud exhaust but i have no intention of making freinds with those people or giving a **** what they think. Im happy with my new loud subaru the way i like it. I do it for me not for other people. And by the way your way more of a tool than me. Haha
So you resort to childish name calling? Because that is clever...

I never called you a tool if you read what I posted, maybe reading and understanding is an issue?

I dont know what got your goat, but I was never been offensive, I was merely pointing out that non car enthusiasts would have that opinion. For someone who doesn't care you are rising to my post quite alot....

Light blue touch paper, stand well back
Old 25 April 2014, 08:51 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Were all loud and obnoxius thats why we all own subarus isnt it?
Is it ****.....
Old 25 April 2014, 09:31 PM
Brett-wv14
Scooby Regular

Its cool im just messing i wasnt name calling you just came across like you was digging at me. I asked a question about something i wasnt sure about and you make the effort to post a comment without anything to help me out on what i was trying to find out and just gave me your opinion instead making anyone who has got anti lg on there car sound like a tool. I was just pointing out its personal choice.
Old 25 April 2014, 09:32 PM
Brett-wv14
Scooby Regular

Is it ****? Explain please
Old 25 April 2014, 09:37 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

You said we own Subarus because we are all loud and obnoxious, that statement could not be further from the truth.
Old 25 April 2014, 09:45 PM
Brett-wv14
Scooby Regular

Thats a stupid thing to say really. Im all ok with it but do you have a stock exhaust im guessing not...how many subarus do you hear that hardly rumble like they do out the factory very few. And what do most road users think of our cars. Loud and obnoxious.
This has gone way beyond any point. Were all talking **** right now. Too many opinionated people i joined up here for help from people who want to give it not for debates about none sense. Have a good night ladies.
Old 25 April 2014, 10:04 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Thats a stupid thing to say really. Im all ok with it but do you have a stock exhaust im guessing not...how many subarus do you hear that hardly rumble like they do out the factory very few. And what do most road users think of our cars. Loud and obnoxious. This has gone way beyond any point. Were all talking **** right now. Too many opinionated people i joined up here for help from people who want to give it not for debates about none sense. Have a good night ladies.
Tbh I think you've answered your own questions in your head already, just do it pal, if it's what you want, it's your car & your money, don't take this the wrong way but I hope you have plenty of it
Old 25 April 2014, 10:08 PM
south west motorsport
Scooby Regular

http://www.bodykitsonline.co.uk/blog/?p=389
Old 25 April 2014, 10:30 PM
Brett-wv14
Scooby Regular

Thanks infected. Iv not quite made my mind up yet it does appeal to me but its something i dont know what its like untill ive got it. Whether i can control it. You cant really control anything below 4000rpm im thinking letting off the gas at 3500rpm say would it be popin like crazy :/ i dont know, if it can be controlled im happy to have it.
Old 25 April 2014, 10:30 PM
Brett-wv14
Scooby Regular

Great article (y)
Old 25 April 2014, 11:31 PM
south west motorsport
Scooby Regular

That article is from my website, based on my car. Anti lag is a software plugin to a ecu, and is basically activated at a press of a switch. It's not recommended to have on for any great length of time as it knackers your turbo and gets the downpipe really hot so gaskets tend to go aswell. Does sound amazing though
Old 25 April 2014, 11:36 PM
south west motorsport
Scooby Regular

Did you watch the video link on the article, love the sound it makes
Old 26 April 2014, 07:24 AM
SAM-UK300
Scooby Regular

get a Bee*R Rev limiter, you will love it...
Old 26 April 2014, 07:33 AM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

Kosta one of the guys from on here had bee rev fitted.

Old 26 April 2014, 07:36 AM
SAM-UK300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by birchy2010
Kosta one of the guys from on here had bee rev fitted.
is his car still alive lol?

Last edited by SAM-UK300; 26 April 2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 26 April 2014, 07:39 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

That'll get the little girlies down Maccy D's all wet that will lol.
Old 26 April 2014, 09:24 AM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SAM-UK300
is his car still alive lol?
Yeah he sold it on a month or two back but it's still alive and running well. Was maintained regardless of cost which is the key
Old 26 April 2014, 11:09 AM
SAM-UK300
Scooby Regular

Oh Cool, I only ask as I had a BEE*R limiter on one of my old skylines and I lost compression on one of the cylinders and they told me it was because of the BEE*R limiter.