Notices

Mappers or anyone that actually knows what there doing in lancashire?

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2014, 04:01 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mappers or anyone that actually knows what there doing in lancashire?

Been having problems with my car ever since I had the engine rebuilt and mapped, it was ok for around 500 miles but have had problems with it ever since! It's something maf related!! All in all I've done less than 2000 miles in 9 months, not impressed!!

Any recommendations?
Old 12 April 2014, 04:14 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Without stating the obvious speak to the company who did the build etc?
Old 12 April 2014, 04:26 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

I have done, they just built the engine! Which I am happy with so far! They have had a look at it but are more rally car builders not road car!! The guy who mapped it had a look, told me to buy some parts, which I have!! Now he's not replying to my phone calls or texts! It's an absolute joke!!

Had two weeks with no response or acknowledgement what so ever! Absolutely shocking customer service!!

Last edited by faster than you; 12 April 2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12 April 2014, 04:42 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not going to name and shame yet ?
Your in a bad mood
Have you tried the lads forum as most Lancashire guys hang out there

What sort of parts did you buy
Let's have A bit more detail and less !!!
Old 12 April 2014, 05:22 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

Just shocking how I spend 000's on a car and it's only drivable for less than 500 miles, it's been sat collecting dust for over three months as I get no response from the mapper, so yeah a bit irritated about it all tbh.

I had the engine fully rebuilt, replaced intercooler, fuel pump, MAF sensor, leads whilst I was being done, the car had one or two issues when I was running it in:

Check engine light came on, it was the knock sensor, so I went to the subaru garage that is round the corner from my house to get it changed as the engine builders were away on a rally, the sensor was changed, then for some reason the car wouldn't start (whilst still at the garage). After a day of messing with it I got a phone call saying they couldn't get it started and I had a £200 charge for there time. (I drove the car there) anyway I unplugged the MAF sensor whilst there and the car started, so I drove home after reluctantly paying the bill, with a promise of them giving me some business to equal it out. (That never happened and the company is an absolute farse).

After getting the car home, I paid to get an auto electric ion to come out to the car who also couldn't find the problem, another £60 wasted.

It eventually started just out of the blue and has continued to start ever since.

Next the "mapper" finally gets in contact with me who is well known in the Preston area, he maps the Car and gets 306bhp, the car seamed to run fine although wasn't as violent as before, even though he stated it had much more power than previously! He said it's smoother power deliver which makes it faster! I wanted it savage, but he did what he could, I wasn't impressed but if it's safe and runs fine then it would do, I'm now nearly £5000 in cost.

3 tanks of fuel later (getting around 150 miles to the tank) not driving it like I stole it at all, it started having problems.

I rang the engine company and they said ring the mapper as he knows all about these sorts of problems, so I ring him over and over 3 months+ pass (cars not moved) I bought a new genuine MAF and filter changed with no difference.

he finally turned up two weeks ago, spends a good two hours on the car and to be fair didn't charge me, only to come up with the conclusion it's something to do with the MAF, and decided we should upgrade to a new age MAF! We will rewire, re map it and sort it next week. So I buy a new age MAF and a new age induction kit, as instructed.

Let the mapper know that I have purchased them and I've heard nothing at all had no response what so ever.

Now nearly 6 grand in and it's sat collecting dust!

Think that's about it, really.

I'm more than happy with the engine builders, even if I've only done a few miles in the car, it sounded sweet and they answer the phone and help me out tbh I couldn't ask for a better service.

The car is now as it has been for over 3 months, starts but sounds like it's running on three cylinders, check engine light is on and it's code 23 MAF sensor, tried 4 different ones including ones out of a running car and a brand new one.

That's the story so far, hope you enjoyed the read!!!!

Last edited by faster than you; 12 April 2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12 April 2014, 05:33 PM
p1junkie
Scooby Regular

name the engine builder and mapper
Old 12 April 2014, 05:43 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Why not just get another mapper to your door, if your having that many problems and already £££'s in to it then bite the bullet say **** you and get someone else who answers emails and texts to sort it. I've had problems like this before trust me pal make a decision an stick with it! A time comes where enough is enough imho.
Old 12 April 2014, 05:45 PM
poolio74
Scooby Regular

**** me mate, what a horror story!!

Hope your luck changes soon pal.
Old 12 April 2014, 05:47 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

Not into naming and shaming to be honest!

The whole point of this post was to find someone that can be trusted and is reputable in the Lancashire area???
Old 12 April 2014, 05:56 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

Yeah, it's all bin an absolute joke, I've had to borrow cars, money, time off work, all due to not having a car that works after I've spent all that.

I text the mapper this morning to ask if he was taking the p@@s as I was at another garage near where I was working and the guy there said he'd just got off the phone to him, so he is obviously avoiding my calls or is not confident enough to do the job.

Thought I'd stick with him after all he did map it in the first place but it takes two minutes to send a text apologising and to make arrangements! Doesn't do himself any favours tbh
Old 12 April 2014, 06:29 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Name and shame to warn others?
Old 12 April 2014, 07:33 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by imprezaworks
Name and shame to warn others?
+1.
Old 12 April 2014, 08:15 PM
p1junkie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johned
+1.
+1
Old 12 April 2014, 08:33 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I dont know if you did it on purpose or by accident but when you typed "carr" in your post, I assume you meant andrew carr as the mapper?
Old 12 April 2014, 08:34 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

Like I say guys, I'm after a decent mapper or scooby mechanic based in Lancashire That can sort my car out?

Come on guys! Do people really name and shame online? Sounds like a screen shot away from a law suit!!
Old 12 April 2014, 08:36 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

You could try someone like simon jolly green monster, who will travel to you
Old 12 April 2014, 08:42 PM
poolio74
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
I dont know if you did it on purpose or by accident but when you typed "carr" in your post, I assume you meant andrew carr as the mapper?
I thought the same. Hmmmmmm............cryptic
Old 12 April 2014, 08:54 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
FFS! What year car is it?
Old 12 April 2014, 08:57 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the heads up! Wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong impression!

Could do with someone based in Lancashire, as I can't really move the car, well don't want to risk it, so they will have to come to me!

Would prefer a tried and tested mapper that can keep to there word and knowing how to press a little green button on a phone is a must!
Old 12 April 2014, 09:01 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you thought of going maffless

Tbh if you are talking about Andrew Carr. It all sounds very odd he goes out of his way to help people.

If it's something to do with the maf, and you've tried 4 good ones it's obvious its not just the actual maf, it's

I personally don't think we have the full story here.
Old 12 April 2014, 09:02 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by faster than you
Thanks for the heads up! Wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong impression!

Could do with someone based in Lancashire, as I can't really move the car, well don't want to risk it, so they will have to come to me!

Would prefer a tried and tested mapper that can keep to there word and knowing how to press a little green button on a phone is a must!
Then Andrew Carr is your man
Old 12 April 2014, 09:19 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cuprajake
Have you thought of going maffless

Tbh if you are talking about Andrew Carr. It all sounds very odd he goes out of his way to help people.

If it's something to do with the maf, and you've tried 4 good ones it's obvious its not just the actual maf, it's

I personally don't think we have the full story here.
I`ve not missed anything out here, its been an absolute p##s take! I`m sick of it, if you can map a car you should be able to use a phone, its just decency at the end of the day.
Old 12 April 2014, 09:28 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I just love how it's always the mappers fault.

Hardware malfunction and its the users fault.

You must have an underlying problem.

Done a compression test?
Old 12 April 2014, 09:34 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about Duncan
Well respected and covers Cumbria and down the road

Get the car up to Stan palmers and Rob will sort out the car for you

Who build the engine and £5000 wow
Old 12 April 2014, 09:43 PM
Comboflip
Scooby Regular

Don't know the full story of this case but I would not be a happy person after spending so much money and putting so much trust with the garage/builder.hope you get all this sorted out pal..I know/heard a few people saying andy c is very quick when booking car in for remaps but not so when theres a problem, maybe unrelated to the mapping but he will just ignore you , and in most cases he could probably help/advise technically but chooses not too
Old 12 April 2014, 09:44 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

I haven't said its the mappers fault! the only thing the mapper is guilty of is failing to be able to use their phone. I would have thought after mapping the car on the rollers less than 500 miles ago, they would want to make sure the car was right and not leave it nearly 4 months of phone calls and texts to even look at it.

I think it is a hardware malfunction and there is an underlying problem, hence I need someone that knows what they are doing, there`s only so much disappointment anyone can take. It should be done and sorted by now, not sat covered in dust.
Old 12 April 2014, 10:00 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

Just so were clear guys,

I`m more than happy with the engine builder (although I`ve not really used it), they have been excellent with me and under different circumstances, I would recommend them to anyone, I have a lot of respect for them as a company as it is well deserved.

The company that changed the knock sensor is run by a complete prat, that charged me for making my car not start, surely it could have been and underlying problem that has now arisen again. but the promise of work to get money of me, then not is just sneaky and low, something i would expect in a school playground.

The mapper, other than not having the capability to answer his phone, knowing there's a problem much like comboflip explains. I`m not that happy with the power delivery but if its safe so be it! other than that i don't have anything to complain about. Although I expect people that have done work to have a customer service not just get money then palm you off and ignore calls.

The money I have spent is on buying parts I didn't need, and idiots telling me to buy stuff or charging me for things I didn't want!

like the title, all I want is someone that can actually find the fault and fix my car! didn't want to get into the history of it all tbh as its been an absolute nightmare, as a boxer I`ve taken much of my frustration out on opponents.

Last edited by faster than you; 12 April 2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12 April 2014, 10:01 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drop it off to brian@cams in Darwin, Blackburn, Andrew is in and out of there to so between them it won't be an issue
Old 12 April 2014, 10:27 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

I want someone that can actually sort the car out! defiantly don't want anyone with a history of ignoring people when they have a problem.

Problem is getting the car anywhere tbh, it wont drive. and don't want to waste anymore money paying for trailers ect if its going to be sat somewhere.

But I will try the places that have been mentioned thanks guys
Old 13 April 2014, 04:45 AM
Steve T
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I,d recommend Steve Cotton of Cotcomp. He,s based in Brock near Preston. He is very good. I,ve had my cars mapped by him several times and I can,t fault him.. Steve.

Quick Reply: Mappers or anyone that actually knows what there doing in lancashire?