New age MAF adapter??

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2014, 12:58 AM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New age MAF adapter??

Hi all

Been having endless problems with the MAF on my v5 type R had three new ones in the last month, so I'm going to upgrade to a new age MAF along with a remap to suit! As they are more reliable so I'm told!!

Anyway, I need some sort of adapter to fit the new age MAF, as they are totally different to the v5! Does anyone make these adapters? I could get a induction kit for a new age, but don't really want to be spending a load more on it! Unless anyone's got a second hand new age induction kit??

Any ideas guys?
Old 02 April 2014, 10:17 AM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by faster than you
Hi all

Been having endless problems with the MAF on my v5 type R had three new ones in the last month, so I'm going to upgrade to a new age MAF along with a remap to suit! As they are more reliable so I'm told!!

Anyway, I need some sort of adapter to fit the new age MAF, as they are totally different to the v5! Does anyone make these adapters? I could get a induction kit for a new age, but don't really want to be spending a load more on it! Unless anyone's got a second hand new age induction kit??

Any ideas guys?
How much will the new MAF and remap cost? Is it worth thinking about an aftermarket ECU which will ditch the MAF entirely?
Old 02 April 2014, 11:49 AM
little'un
Scooby Regular

You could fit a q45 or sti3/4 maf instead, and have it mapped to suit - then you won't have to mess around making an adaptor, or change your induction kit
Old 02 April 2014, 12:31 PM
Ginola
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by little'un
You could fit a q45 or sti3/4 maf instead, and have it mapped to suit - then you won't have to mess around making an adaptor, or change your induction kit
I have a Q45 Maf that could be of use, for sale here:-
https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-par...nd-newage.html

much more reliable than the 5/6 MAF sensors

Last edited by Ginola; 02 April 2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02 April 2014, 12:48 PM
faster than you
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replays guys, I already have a new age MAF sensor, just need an adapter of some sort really, as I wanted to keep th original air box, i could get one imported from America an get it welded to an alloy pipe, but surely someone in this country does this!!

It will cost about £150 to get it done, but I'm having the wiring changed as well, all the way back to ecu as I've been having problems with the wiring for some reason!

I had an ecu trek fitted not long ago, I should have gone with a simtek but just didn't have the funds, and can't justify spending another grand on it now just to upgrade again! The car is pretty much standard and I'm not planning on big turbo or intercooler upgrades in the future! I was planning on selling it, but it's one problem after the other!

Done less than 2000 miles in a year! That's how often I use it!

Thanks for the options tho guys!