Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

***** JAPFEST 2014 *****

Old 23 February 2014, 02:08 PM
  #1  
DantheMan2605
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: chasing numbers.....
Posts: 1,019
Default ***** JAPFEST 2014 *****

I know the recent poll didnt take off too well regarding a club stand, late notice etc...

But I will most probably be attending of my own accord.

If anyone else fancies it, we could at least show some sort of club presence for a day out. I know others are thinking about attending, so I thought id let it be known ill be attending.

For tickets visit

www.japfest.co.uk

18 a person and the date is Saturday 10th May

Track time is well and truly sold out, but therell be plenty of entertainment along with trade stands etc who knows, being may, ae may have some scorching weather

Should the day out prove worthy enough, hopefully it could be added to the ESOC calander as a future reoccuring event with the possibility of a club stand.

Anyone wishing to attend, this is purely organised individually and I wont be accepting payments to organise others tickets.

So there we have it, 1 person attending from the ESOC

Edit.

18 per person is advance booking only.
On the door price is 25 per person
Children under 14 are FREE
Gates open at 9:30am

Last edited by DantheMan2605; 23 February 2014 at 02:19 PM.
DantheMan2605 is offline  
Old 23 February 2014, 04:22 PM
  #2  
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular
 
Frizzle-Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Essex
Posts: 454
Default

Thank you for posting this thread up Dan. I think it's a great idea and one that I have been trying to push amongst the very few people who did tick 'yes' on the poll.

There was a lot of things to consider when organising a club stand that I myself just had not taken into consideration.

That said, it would be a great event to frequent in the future. There is so many Subaru clubs that attend, I was shocked to find that we weren't one of them when I went last year- definitely missing a trick there.

I hope we will see a few familiar faces over there. Its a good day out and hopefully, come May, the weather will be making more of an effort.

So that's at least TWO ESOC members who will be going this year!

(s'pose I'd better order myself some branded clothing then eh? lol)

1. DantheMan
2. Frizzle-Dee


Anymore??
Frizzle-Dee is offline  
Old 23 February 2014, 09:59 PM
  #3  
ANDY.R
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Essex
Posts: 312
Default

I would really like to have come along, I've been to quite a few in the past and its always a good event.
Unfortunately for me my shift pattern doesn't fit in with this or JAE. :-(
ANDY.R is offline  
Old 24 February 2014, 08:40 AM
  #4  
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular
 
Frizzle-Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Essex
Posts: 454
Default

Just ordered my tickets this morning... Mr. Z was chewing my ear off about them selling out and paranoia got the better of me

Looks like we will be rocking up in the TT too, how very Japanese of us lol

@Andy, Sorry to hear you wont be able to make it this year..there's always next year..or Japfest 2 in Donington in August (same driving distance )

~Z
Frizzle-Dee is offline  
Old 24 February 2014, 11:03 AM
  #5  
ANDY.R
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Essex
Posts: 312
Default

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee View Post

@Andy, Sorry to hear you wont be able to make it this year..there's always next year..or Japfest 2 in Donington in August (same driving distance )

~Z
I'll have to check out the date for that one, you never know, I might be able to make it. Keep my fingers crossed.
ANDY.R is offline  
Old 03 March 2014, 02:02 AM
  #6  
Essexdon
Scooby Regular
 
Essexdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canvey Island
Posts: 1,243
Default

Booked my ticket, so I'll be going to this :-)
Essexdon is offline  
Old 09 May 2014, 08:32 AM
  #7  
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular
 
Frizzle-Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Essex
Posts: 454
Default

Well, it's come around quick!

Anyone who has seen the weather forecast for tomorrow will know its not going to be the most idealistic of conditions.
A shame really, especially when you look back at the weekend just gone and how glorious that was by comparison

I'm almost relieved we didn't go ahead with the club stand now.

None the less, I'll still be attending! It'll take a lot more than some lousy rain to dampen my spirits. No pun intended.

I hope to see some familiar faces whilst I'm out and about- Ill be the one wrapped up in every single item of warm clothing at my disposal, probably looking like a flump.

To anyone who will be going and tracking their own cars, I hope you have fun, but stay safe in that heavy rain

~Z x
Frizzle-Dee is offline  
Old 11 May 2014, 09:48 AM
  #8  
impreza82
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 51
Default

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee View Post
Well, it's come around quick!

Anyone who has seen the weather forecast for tomorrow will know its not going to be the most idealistic of conditions.
A shame really, especially when you look back at the weekend just gone and how glorious that was by comparison

I'm almost relieved we didn't go ahead with the club stand now.

None the less, I'll still be attending! It'll take a lot more than some lousy rain to dampen my spirits. No pun intended.

I hope to see some familiar faces whilst I'm out and about- Ill be the one wrapped up in every single item of warm clothing at my disposal, probably looking like a flump.

To anyone who will be going and tracking their own cars, I hope you have fun, but stay safe in that heavy rain

~Z x
Good for you, we hope you had fun by yourself in the rain.
impreza82 is offline  
Old 13 May 2014, 12:08 AM
  #9  
lorrainecallison
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Essex
Posts: 564
Default

Originally Posted by impreza82 View Post
Good for you, we hope you had fun by yourself in the rain.
She wasn't by herself, I was there as well Getting extremely wet and buffeted by the wind But it was still a good day, and shows that maybe the female section of the club is more hardy eh Z.........
lorrainecallison is offline  
Old 14 May 2014, 08:34 AM
  #10  
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular
 
Frizzle-Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Essex
Posts: 454
Default

Originally Posted by lorrainecallison View Post
She wasn't by herself, I was there as well Getting extremely wet and buffeted by the wind But it was still a good day, and shows that maybe the female section of the club is more hardy eh Z.........
Exactly! If anything, they had an even bigger turn out than last year!

Hundreds of people were there!

Plus, the rain served to make the Drifting action all the more interesting!

The weather could have been better overall but the sun actually did show it's face from time to time which is more than I was expecting given the forecast.

Last edited by Frizzle-Dee; 14 May 2014 at 08:36 AM.
Frizzle-Dee is offline  
Old 14 May 2014, 10:17 AM
  #11  
impreza82
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 51
Default

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee View Post
Exactly! If anything, they had an even bigger turn out than last year!

Hundreds of people were there!

Plus, the rain served to make the Drifting action all the more interesting!

The weather could have been better overall but the sun actually did show it's face from time to time which is more than I was expecting given the forecast.
I was referring to the ESC/ESOC dear, rather than the whole event. It's a shame none of the "chavvy" members were there...
impreza82 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
BlueBlobZA
Member's Gallery
30
25 July 2016 09:14 AM
sidclisa
Track Days & National Events
91
03 August 2003 10:59 PM
T5NYW
Member's Gallery
1
21 May 2003 11:19 PM
Ian Drew
Member's Gallery
14
19 May 2003 10:22 PM
Paul N P
ScoobyNet General
1
19 May 2003 10:14 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***** JAPFEST 2014 *****


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.