ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ***** JAPFEST 2014 ***** (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/998154-japfest-2014-a.html)

DantheMan2605 23 February 2014 02:08 PM

***** JAPFEST 2014 *****

I know the recent poll didnt take off too well regarding a club stand, late notice etc...

But I will most probably be attending of my own accord.

If anyone else fancies it, we could at least show some sort of club presence for a day out. I know others are thinking about attending, so I thought id let it be known ill be attending.

For tickets visit

www.japfest.co.uk

£18 a person and the date is Saturday 10th May

Track time is well and truly sold out, but therell be plenty of entertainment along with trade stands etc who knows, being may, ae may have some scorching weather :luxhello:

Should the day out prove worthy enough, hopefully it could be added to the ESOC calander as a future reoccuring event with the possibility of a club stand.

Anyone wishing to attend, this is purely organised individually and I wont be accepting payments to organise others tickets.

So there we have it, 1 person attending from the ESOC :luxhello:

Edit.

£18 per person is advance booking only.
On the door price is £25 per person
Children under 14 are FREE
Gates open at 9:30am

Frizzle-Dee 23 February 2014 04:22 PM

Thank you for posting this thread up Dan. I think it's a great idea and one that I have been trying to push amongst the very few people who did tick 'yes' on the poll.

There was a lot of things to consider when organising a club stand that I myself just had not taken into consideration.

That said, it would be a great event to frequent in the future. There is so many Subaru clubs that attend, I was shocked to find that we weren't one of them when I went last year- definitely missing a trick there.

I hope we will see a few familiar faces over there. Its a good day out and hopefully, come May, the weather will be making more of an effort.

So that's at least TWO ESOC members who will be going this year!

(s'pose I'd better order myself some branded clothing then eh? lol)

1. DantheMan
2. Frizzle-Dee

Anymore??

ANDY.R 23 February 2014 09:59 PM

I would really like to have come along, I've been to quite a few in the past and its always a good event.
Unfortunately for me my shift pattern doesn't fit in with this or JAE. :-(

Frizzle-Dee 24 February 2014 08:40 AM

Just ordered my tickets this morning... Mr. Z was chewing my ear off about them selling out and paranoia got the better of me :freak3:

Looks like we will be rocking up in the TT too, how very Japanese of us :Suspiciou lol

@Andy, Sorry to hear you wont be able to make it this year..there's always next year..or Japfest 2 in Donington in August :idea: (same driving distance ;))

~Z

ANDY.R 24 February 2014 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee (Post 11362598)

@Andy, Sorry to hear you wont be able to make it this year..there's always next year..or Japfest 2 in Donington in August :idea: (same driving distance ;))

~Z

I'll have to check out the date for that one, you never know, I might be able to make it. Keep my fingers crossed.

Essexdon 03 March 2014 02:02 AM

Booked my ticket, so I'll be going to this :-)

Frizzle-Dee 09 May 2014 08:32 AM

Well, it's come around quick!

Anyone who has seen the weather forecast for tomorrow will know its not going to be the most idealistic of conditions.
A shame really, especially when you look back at the weekend just gone and how glorious that was by comparison :o

I'm almost relieved we didn't go ahead with the club stand now.

None the less, I'll still be attending! It'll take a lot more than some lousy rain to dampen my spirits. No pun intended.

I hope to see some familiar faces whilst I'm out and about- Ill be the one wrapped up in every single item of warm clothing at my disposal, probably looking like a flump. :lol1:

To anyone who will be going and tracking their own cars, I hope you have fun, but stay safe in that heavy rain :thumb:

~Z x

impreza82 11 May 2014 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee (Post 11424195)
Well, it's come around quick!

Anyone who has seen the weather forecast for tomorrow will know its not going to be the most idealistic of conditions.
A shame really, especially when you look back at the weekend just gone and how glorious that was by comparison :o

I'm almost relieved we didn't go ahead with the club stand now.

None the less, I'll still be attending! It'll take a lot more than some lousy rain to dampen my spirits. No pun intended.

I hope to see some familiar faces whilst I'm out and about- Ill be the one wrapped up in every single item of warm clothing at my disposal, probably looking like a flump. :lol1:

To anyone who will be going and tracking their own cars, I hope you have fun, but stay safe in that heavy rain :thumb:

~Z x

Good for you, we hope you had fun by yourself in the rain.

lorrainecallison 13 May 2014 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by impreza82 (Post 11425727)
Good for you, we hope you had fun by yourself in the rain.

She wasn't by herself, I was there as well :thumb: Getting extremely wet and buffeted by the wind :cry: But it was still a good day, and shows that maybe the female section of the club is more hardy eh Z......... ;)

Frizzle-Dee 14 May 2014 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by lorrainecallison (Post 11427193)
She wasn't by herself, I was there as well :thumb: Getting extremely wet and buffeted by the wind :cry: But it was still a good day, and shows that maybe the female section of the club is more hardy eh Z......... ;)

Exactly! If anything, they had an even bigger turn out than last year!

Hundreds of people were there!

Plus, the rain served to make the Drifting action all the more interesting! :norty:

The weather could have been better overall but the sun actually did show it's face from time to time which is more than I was expecting given the forecast.

impreza82 14 May 2014 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee (Post 11427891)
Exactly! If anything, they had an even bigger turn out than last year!

Hundreds of people were there!

Plus, the rain served to make the Drifting action all the more interesting! :norty:

The weather could have been better overall but the sun actually did show it's face from time to time which is more than I was expecting given the forecast.

I was referring to the ESC/ESOC dear, rather than the whole event. It's a shame none of the "chavvy" members were there...