Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.
View Poll Results: Japfest 2014- Yay or Nay??
Yes- I will be going/would like to go
63.64%
No- I have no interest in attending Japfest 2014
36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

***ESOC JAPFEST 2014***

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2014, 08:45 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ***ESOC JAPFEST 2014***

**I hope it’s OK that I went ahead and started this poll. Sorry if I’m not supposed to without consulting someone first.

Recently, we have been discussing upcoming events that we, as a collective could attend, be it in the form of a club stand or even simply as a ‘group day out’ among members.

Japfest 2014 is fast approaching and I thought it might be interesting to gauge the interest of the ESOC members to see whether it could be worth considering as an event to attend.

It will be held on Saturday 10th May down at the Castle Combe Circuit

Now, this is simply a Yes or No poll at this stage. I’m simply asking who is considering going and who isn’t.

Should-at the end of the next 2 weeks that I will leave this poll running-the majority of people have no intensions or interest in attending, then it would be pointless to pursue it any further.

BUT- Should there be a substantial amount of interest, maybe it could be worth considering a club stand there??

The deadline for applicants to a club stand is the end of March and I appreciate that I have probably left this FAR too late to even procure one but there’s no harm in simply throwing the suggestion out there all the same.

I went to Japfest last year and I enjoyed it a great deal. So much in fact that I intend to make it an annual thing and as such will be attending this year. (I just hope the weather will make more of an effort)

Here is a link to the website for more info-

http://www.japfest.co.uk/

May I ask that someone with Facebook access could kindly post a link to this thread up on the ESOC/ESC groups for the benefit of those who may not frequent this forum as much as they once did.

Remember, this is a YES or NO poll, purely to gauge interest.

I cannot guarantee this will go any further or if there would be any chance of a club stand this late on in the day. But without an idea of numbers, we will never know.

Thanks

~Z
Old 28 January 2014, 11:25 AM
rich.84
Scooby Regular

If there is esoc stand I'll be up for this.
Old 28 January 2014, 01:26 PM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I won't be able to attend, but if you go make sure you take the flag and pole with you. I can give them to you at the next pub meet.
Old 28 January 2014, 04:48 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done Z for getting the ball rolling for events this year.

JohnD
Old 29 January 2014, 01:18 PM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

111 views and only 6 results for the poll so far...

...well... this is going really well...
Old 29 January 2014, 01:44 PM
wrx5343
Scooby Regular

Ive got track time tickets to japfest............my scooby comes from essex if that counts ?
Old 29 January 2014, 05:49 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One way to boost numbers to secure a club stand is to invite 'outside Essex' owners?

JohnD
Old 29 January 2014, 08:56 PM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Unhappy erm...

Remember guys, this is only a poll to gauge interest.

I cannot guarantee that we will be getting a club stand.
IMHO- I fear we might be cutting it a little fine.

When I look back at how thoroughly Frayz organised the Rally Day event last year and how pushed we are for time in this instance the more I think it could be infeasible.

It is important to maintain the good reputation this club has and the best way to ensure that is to exercise a good, thorough organisation of such events.
I have only myself to blame-I should have suggested this MONTHS ago! I seem to have severely miss-judged just how much work goes into organising something like this.

Sorry if that seems to put a damper on everyone's spirits, but I want to be 100% confident that this will work as efficiently and professionally as previous events. Not slap-dash.
There is a large margin for error and I'm not experienced enough with handling an event like this, especially with such a small time period.

Feel free to continue contributing your thoughts to this thread, but unless you see an **OFFICIAL** thread going up over the next week or so, I wouldn't get TOO excited...It was never written in stone.

Worst case scenario- we learn from the mistakes of leaving it so late this year and instead make a point to organise it correctly, a good 6 months early for next year.

I'd rather that- giving more people chance to join in, ensuring a good turn-out with a well-thought out plan of action over a last minute manic rush.

I hope that makes sense.

~Z
Old 30 January 2014, 09:59 AM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I can't attend but feel free to organise a club stand. Hope it hoes well