Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Car Electrics

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2013, 10:44 AM
hoff900
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Electrics

Can anyone recommended me a car electrician around Colchester?

Playing about this morning trying to get the boost and oil Pressure gauges that were already installed, working. I followed the wiring and it works back to the wiring around my head unit, which has just blown my mind. So in need of paying someone to sort this out.

Also a bit of a heads up, while I was poking around I found two green connectors under the steering wheel, connected these together ignition on then engine light flashing. (Great I've been sold a lemon). After some research on the web these should not be connected and are for diagnostic's only. So don't go connecting these together if you come across them.
Old 06 July 2013, 12:17 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=hoff900;11141786]Can anyone recommended me a car electrician around Colchester?

Playing about this morning trying to get the boost and oil Pressure gauges that were already installed, working. I followed the wiring and it works back to the wiring around my head unit, which has just blown my mind. So in need of paying someone to sort this out.

Also a bit of a heads up, while I was poking around I found two green connectors under the steering wheel, connected these together ignition on then engine light flashing. (Great I've been sold a lemon). After some research on the web these should not be connected and are for diagnostic's only. So don't go connecting these together if you come across them.[/QUOTE]

These are used in the ECU re-set procedure. Most people know about them.

JohnD
Old 06 July 2013, 05:23 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Paul at Xtreme Scoobies mate. Trained vehicle electrician (as well as a subaru guru). Can't recommend the guy enough!
Old 06 July 2013, 06:37 PM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Danbury auto electricians. British Legion industrial estate main road Danbury. They did an excellent job finding a problem on an old BMW for me a few years ago.
Old 06 July 2013, 08:10 PM
hoff900
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply lads.