Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Monaco GP

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2010, 09:44 AM
TomR555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monaco GP

You just have to love that place,not the best race but always a lot going on

see this yacht there in september,not your fishing boat is it Tiny

Last edited by TomR555; 15 May 2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 15 May 2010, 10:56 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Old 16 May 2010, 06:19 PM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!

You`ve got to take your hat off to the Ross Brawn, Michael Schumacher partnership.
It`s easy to see why they won so many championships with the might of Ferrari behind them aswell.
Nobody but nobody even came close to pulling off the same move.
Come on all you schuey haters suppose he cheated again. Yawn

Whether he keeps the place or not total respect for pulling off the move against the one person who cuts up his team mate in the pit lane to get to change his tyres first.
Old 16 May 2010, 07:12 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Simon,

As you know, i'm far from a schui fan, but that move was the highlight of a dull race, fully within the rules, he took a wide entrance into the corner, Alonso lost traction trying to cover, he was clearly still behind at the line. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. ( though if I was Damon, I would ban him as revenge for Adalaide!)

Alonso pit entrance move was also legal, but i'm sure made for an 'interesting' discussion in the de-brief.
Old 16 May 2010, 07:53 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

Schumacher penalised for Alonso safety-car pass
There's confusion at the final corner as Schumacher passes Alonso

Mercedes GP’s Michael Schumacher has been penalised by the Monte Carlo race stewards for his overtaking manoeuvre on Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso in the dying moments of the Monaco Grand Prix.

Schumacher was handed a drive-through penalty, which is converted after the race into a 20-second time penalty, dropping him from sixth to 12th in the results.

Schumacher passed Alonso just as the safety car pulled in at the end of Lap 78. The FIA stewards, which included his old sparring partner Damon Hill, have deemed the German breached Article 40.13 of the Sporting Regulations, which states that “if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."

Mercedes will appeal the stewards' decision and a date for that appeal will be set in due course by the FIA. Schumacher’s demotion moves Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Buemi, who had finished in 11th, into the points in tenth place.
Old 16 May 2010, 08:40 PM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!

Originally Posted by rb5 286
Schumacher penalised for Alonso safety-car pass
There's confusion at the final corner as Schumacher passes Alonso

Mercedes GP’s Michael Schumacher has been penalised by the Monte Carlo race stewards for his overtaking manoeuvre on Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso in the dying moments of the Monaco Grand Prix.

Schumacher was handed a drive-through penalty, which is converted after the race into a 20-second time penalty, dropping him from sixth to 12th in the results.

Schumacher passed Alonso just as the safety car pulled in at the end of Lap 78. The FIA stewards, which included his old sparring partner Damon Hill, have deemed the German breached Article 40.13 of the Sporting Regulations, which states that “if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."

Mercedes will appeal the stewards' decision and a date for that appeal will be set in due course by the FIA. Schumacher’s demotion moves Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Buemi, who had finished in 11th, into the points in tenth place.
I`m speechless
Lot`s of things did come into my head but most of them start with F. B. Or W.
So speechless is better.
Old 17 May 2010, 10:04 AM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Nice to know Damon Hill still bears a grudge, bless him!!

Cracking move by Schuey! Was just wondering why Alonso was 'on the edge' if they wern't meant to be racing?! Loved the pile of paperwork Ross had to take to the stewards....

Trending Topics

Old 18 May 2010, 07:06 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

I thought the incar pace car was cool.

best event of the calander if you ask me.
Old 18 May 2010, 07:47 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Mercedes have decided not to appeal.

Well done Damon
Old 18 May 2010, 07:52 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber
Mercedes have admitted that shuey is a cheating b#rstard and therefore they have decided not to appeal.

Well done Damon (But still does not make up for him stealing your first championship)
EFA

Last edited by yellowvanman; 18 May 2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: I did not mean to put **********, I meant to say Bar stard
Old 18 May 2010, 08:12 PM
TomR555
Scooby Regular

I thought it woz a great move myself,im not a schumi fan dont get me wrong,Alonso lost it & he took advantage job done