Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Huge thanks to Extreme Scoobies

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2010, 04:10 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge thanks to Extreme Scoobies

Paul did a fantastic job of servicing my baby today. Cambelt and air con belts replaced too

Thanks mate
Old 05 May 2010, 05:27 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

bet the trolley jack slid straight under

well done Paul !
Old 05 May 2010, 07:10 PM
Diesel_DC
Scooby Regular

Location: Back in Diesel wonderland - 3.0 TDi Quattro A4, with more toys than Ann Summers...lol

With them rims paul could have just walked under the car
Old 05 May 2010, 07:52 PM
pinseeker
sandseeker & waterseeker

Has Chris's car been grounded because of the volcano ash ?

I thought Chris only takes the car to the Bosnians
Old 05 May 2010, 09:10 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Paul is a star.

He's only had the Pug a couple of days and he's already half way through getting back up and running. Most work done on it in 6 months
Old 05 May 2010, 10:07 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

OFF TOPIC ....

Did I spot you this evening Chris, departing from the BP garage in Westcliff/Southend in West Road ?
Old 05 May 2010, 11:37 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Nate
OFF TOPIC ....

Did I spot you this evening Chris, departing from the BP garage in Westcliff/Southend in West Road ?
I left my phone home as it was chav-wednesday at the pictures and I don't have anorange phone but the wife does

Yes it was me, my mate had stopped off to get some money out and then the machine decided to get his card stuck as some criminal had tampered with the flap so the card couldn't get back out

Randomly pressing buttons in anger resulted in a very weird menu popping up. Never seen this one before

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE AN EMERGENCY CASH WITHDRAWAL? YES OR NO?

After panicking he obviously pressed YES.

It then asked for a 6 digit pin code. Then asked you to repeat it... he bottled it at that point/did the right thing and pressed cancel.

Nontheless what is the point of that menu and who can use it?

Trending Topics

Old 06 May 2010, 06:36 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

If you are a current account customer with Royal Bank of Scotland, and you find yourself in the unfortunate position described above, you can just pop along to your nearest cash machine and withdraw up to £300!

The "emergency cash" service is available to NatWest, Ulster Bank, Tesco Personal Finance or RBS account holders when you ring up to report your cards missing or stolen.

It sounds great. How does it work?

* When you call the Bank's Lost and Stolen Helpline to report the loss or theft of your debit card, you will be automatically be asked if you need 'Emergency Cash'.

* If you can form a sentence coherent enough to explain that you do, you will be then told you can access up to £300. (This service will be free of charge up until Friday 11th January, after which there will be a fixed fee of £5.)

* Bank staff will try to establish your identity using three stringent security questions. If you get them all right, you will then be issued a new one-off PIN number. (Naturally if you can't even remember your own name at this point, we think it is highly unlikely you will get the cash)

* Once the PIN has been obtained, as an extra security feature you have a three hour window to get your cash at any one of RBS Group's 7,000 UK-wide ATMs before the PIN expires. (If you can't find an ATM after 3 hours of searching, then you are definitely in the Christmas spirit)

* Once you have your PIN, you can pop along to any RBS Group ATM and then press any of the six blank (numberless) keys on the machine's key pad. The 'Emergency Cash' screen will then be displayed at the ATM and you then simply key in the PIN you were given and follow the on-screen instructions to get your cash.
Old 06 May 2010, 06:36 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

If you are a current account customer with Royal Bank of Scotland, and you find yourself in the unfortunate position described above, you can just pop along to your nearest cash machine and withdraw up to £300!

The "emergency cash" service is available to NatWest, Ulster Bank, Tesco Personal Finance or RBS account holders when you ring up to report your cards missing or stolen.

It sounds great. How does it work?

* When you call the Bank's Lost and Stolen Helpline to report the loss or theft of your debit card, you will be automatically be asked if you need 'Emergency Cash'.

* If you can form a sentence coherent enough to explain that you do, you will be then told you can access up to £300. (This service will be free of charge up until Friday 11th January, after which there will be a fixed fee of £5.)

* Bank staff will try to establish your identity using three stringent security questions. If you get them all right, you will then be issued a new one-off PIN number. (Naturally if you can't even remember your own name at this point, we think it is highly unlikely you will get the cash)

* Once the PIN has been obtained, as an extra security feature you have a three hour window to get your cash at any one of RBS Group's 7,000 UK-wide ATMs before the PIN expires. (If you can't find an ATM after 3 hours of searching, then you are definitely in the Christmas spirit)

* Once you have your PIN, you can pop along to any RBS Group ATM and then press any of the six blank (numberless) keys on the machine's key pad. The 'Emergency Cash' screen will then be displayed at the ATM and you then simply key in the PIN you were given and follow the on-screen instructions to get your cash.
Old 06 May 2010, 08:33 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

so that'll be the number printed on the back of the card..... the card stuck in the machine.

They may as well say....... "What number am I thinking of?"

Last edited by Milamber; 06 May 2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: nice find though dazmondeo