Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Anyone in ESC do sattelite dishes?

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2010, 12:27 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone in ESC do sattelite dishes?

Want to get a dish fitted for my Dad. The whole thing, with receiver etc. Just for free to air channels and foreign ones.
Old 15 March 2010, 02:02 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joey,

Not much hard to do with the Free to air (or Freesat as it is called) part of it ..... Never looked into the foreign channels myself, but would think thh same applies.

Sky dishes normally need to be pointed in a Southerly direction with a little tweaking to gain the best signal.

I have recently clambered up to my Dish and connected Freesat to my existing dish ....... Nowhere seems to be 'that' helpful with information on fitting satellite

Your (possibly) most expensive part of it will be your Freesat tuner, but have noticed some good buys on Ebay.

I had a look a while ago on the 'ESC Pages' and could not find anyone that does it within the ESC.
Old 15 March 2010, 02:07 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
Want to get a dish fitted for my Dad. The whole thing, with receiver etc. Just for free to air channels and red hot & dutch.
EFA
Old 15 March 2010, 02:15 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Old 15 March 2010, 02:20 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I've looked into freesat, but I reckon most of those free channels are going to be advertising and general tat. Where the foreign ones tend to be a bit better, but just foreign. For instance you can watch saturday Premiership games, on Italian channels for free.
Its only a bungelow, but I won't get on the roof for the same reason B A Baracus don't go in planes

Thanks for looking at that list, I couldn't find it earlier.

Oh yeah, the red hot and dutch channels should come in handy too
Old 15 March 2010, 10:10 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Freesat is to satellite what Freeview is through an aerial

If you are in a bad signal strength area where you struggle with an aerial, this is where Freesat comes in, once you have bought and paid for the Freesat hardware, you receive the channels for free.

ITV HD is only available through Freesat currently ....... And not through Sky itself (not worth it though just for that )

There are a few advertising channels, but on the other hand, there are quite a few that are not on the normal Sky, I have Sky+ HD and Freesat, just need to climb on the roof and fit an aerial so I can get Freeview as well