Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Just seen this

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2009, 10:13 PM
bmposer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just seen this

Look's like it could be a good day out.
PistonHeads Headlines
Old 25 July 2009, 10:50 AM
MadOli
Scooby Regular

Location: No more pretending... I'm in a Scoob - yippeee!!! :D

Sounds good who's up for it then??

by the way I noticed that there's karting there as well (should grab the attention of a few ) oh and dodgems for proper 'love taps'

http://www.littlehavens.org.uk/default.asp?id=971&ver=1

Ride in a Supercar Charity Benefit Day - Dunton 6 September 2009

PH has been given an early tip-off about an event taking place on 6 September. 'Ride in a Supercar Day' is being hosted by Petrolheads Nirvana and Club Scuderia, and is in aid of Littlehavens Children's Hospice.

The main event will be 2-lap rides around the Ford Engineering test track at Dunton (Essex) in a variety of supercars. As a test track it is varied and should offer a pretty exciting experience for passengers, with high speed banking and long straights for the supercars to stretch their legs on. The rides require a donation of around £20 to the charity.

The event will be thoroughly family-friendly, and the list of other motoring and non-motoring related activities that'll be on site is pretty long. It includes go karting, a fairground (with dodgems!), a fun house, 'Spinner' ride, a giant inflatable area, quad biking, face painting, kids competitions, an F1 simulator, giant Scalextric, and 2 live bands.

There will also be a driving competition, which we're told will involve driving around a course with a ping pong ball in a bowl on the bonnet, trying to avoid it flying off. Not one for the lead-footed amongst us, perhaps...

A classic car display area will also feature around 60 cars, and there will be a trade stall area for useful bits and bobs. You can also get your car washed by a professional company (proceeds all to charity), and there's even a mechanic who will do checks and small jobs on-site.

There will of course be a Sunday Service-style PistonHeads/Petrolheads Nirvana car park which should be typically lively, and parking in it is free all-day. We're expecting the usual PH mix of all sorts of exotic and interesting cars and their friendly owners, but spaces will be limited (exact number TBC), so get your name down on a list below to help us get an idea of numbers.

Entry to the main event is just £4 (again, all proceeds to charity) and there is no need to book in advance - though if you want a ride in one of the supercars, you'll need to book online. There are 700 ride slots available, but with around 3000 attendees expected you'll need to book quickly to ensure a place.

The event runs from 10am to 4pm, and supercar rides are from 10.30am. We hope to see you all there!

Last edited by MadOli; 25 July 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 26 July 2009, 09:27 AM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MadOli
Sounds good who's up for it then??

by the way I noticed that there's karting there as well (should grab the attention of a few ) oh and dodgems for proper 'love taps'

Little Havens Children's Hospice | Get Involved | Events Calendar | September 2009 - Little Havens Track Day
I take it we're booked on Hun
Old 27 July 2009, 09:58 AM
MadOli
Scooby Regular

Location: No more pretending... I'm in a Scoob - yippeee!!! :D

Originally Posted by Supercue
I take it we're booked on Hun
Well, seeing as it's your birthday weekend I'm sure we can arrange something

Think this needs a new thread with the date in the title

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...ml#post8845625