Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

My neighbour has tried to POISEN my dog!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2008, 07:32 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My neighbour has tried to POISEN my dog!!

Can't get over this - totally fuming

My female dog is possibly pregnant - so we've been keeping her in to limit her jumping around with the other dogs! Anyhow, we've been letting her out into the front garden of a night to do her "business".

Daren was out in the front garden this morning clearing up after last nights "business" and asked me what all the black dust was in the garden . On closer inspection i've found a gritty type substance on my grass - just by the seperating fence. It smells terrible and the more i smelt it - the more my tongue itched LOL.

I've taken a sample from my grass of this substance and have stored it in a plastic tube.

Both myself and Daren had our suspicions - so I knocked on my neighbours door and asked her if she'd put anything into our garden. She (boldy) declared that she had because she can't stand the small of poo (which i totally understand but if its cleared up - and it is MY garden I just can't fathom how she could be SO stupid).

I asked her what it was and she said "it's some Jeye's stuff" Thing is - if it was the SMELL that anoyed her I could understand her shaking my grass with shake 'n' vac or something - but this stuff was not put down for its scent - its nasty - VERY nasty.

I've been to homebase etc trying to work out what it is - but Jeye's only seem to stock liquid and this is gritty. Smells very chemical like and burns the nostrils a little.

I've been to the police as I can't beleive someone can be so daft as to ANYTHING into a garden for a dog to sniff/eat or worse still - one of my kids! Doesn't bear worth thinking

Police are coming out on Monday - but say its not criminal - so I'm wondering if it'd be "criminal" for me to put a fresh bag of doggie dodo on her door step

(just thought i'd share with you all how totally furious I am) Any thoughts/views?
Old 11 October 2008, 10:06 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

The powder could be this.

Jeyes Group - manufacturers of hygiene products

And is probably poisonous to cats if nothing else.

Poisons in the home

No one should throw any sort of chemical about indiscriminately. Children could get it on their hands & then get it in their mouths.

Mark
Old 11 October 2008, 11:50 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Thanks Mark - although I can honestly say that there is nothing "pleasant" in the odour of what I found. Its a cross between germalean (sp) and dettol - mixed together - yet its also very "chalkey". Certainly not a smell I'd like to smell everytime I lift my bin lid LOL.

I have requested the police ask her what she's used/how often and where abouts on my grass - as i think for it to be child/animal safe - I'm going to have to remove it for sure. It does seem to absorb water - so I can't just wash it away (not to mention its bound to kill the bloody grass).

Still fuming now - however, we have erected a 5 foot fence - and intend to put a nice 2 ft trellis on that - so that will hopefully stop her arm coming anywhere near my garden again with her "potions".

Old 12 October 2008, 12:36 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

stick with the danger to your children fears when the police come round, they will take it more seriously than a dog.

Stupid fcking old bag needs to keep her nose out of your property, could you have her for trespass?
Old 12 October 2008, 12:48 AM
mrs_b4
Scooby Regular

Vikki how much dog crap was in your front garden must have been a lot for her to smell it!
Jeyes is ****ty stuff not good for animal's or kid's to inhale or otherwise.
If she's admitted throwing stuff into your garden maybe the old bill will pursue it but I suppose she'll claim ignorance on the potency of the substance she chucked over the fence.
If she's put in the picture offically then hopefully there will be no more trouble and your dog can crap in peace!

ps you do have lovely neighbour's don't you
Old 12 October 2008, 08:24 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

LOL Yvette - we can't wait to move, going to estate agents tomorrow

As for the amount of poo - I kid you not when I say that Daren picked up two yesterday morning - As its usually cleared in the morning/afternoon - the most would be 3 - depending on how much we were out the prvious day and when she got fed last! For environmental health to want to get involved though you'd have to be talking HUGE amounts of poo!

I just don't think I could forgive such recklessness. She's got kids herself - and cats and I doubt she'd like it very much if i were to be so bloomin stu-pid! Although - maybe I should tell her that her cat often comes into my garden (especially to raid my bins)

Shall wait to see what police say tomorrow - that'll probably put the fear of God into her and then she'll call the council and environmental health anyway
Old 12 October 2008, 12:40 PM
scoobybrad
Scooby Regular

It's probably her own cat c**p she can smell that stuff has a good old pong to it, and i bet she dont clean her own cats s**t up