Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Near miss in the scoob last night!

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2008, 10:54 AM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Near miss in the scoob last night!

Was driving driving down a road with parked cars on the right hand side none on my side when I saw a car comming the other way, so I looked for a gap in the parked cars for him to pull into and rolled by it @ about 5mph, it was a big gap so all he had to do was pull slightley into it as we passed .
But no he flew passed me without moving over @ all and smash he hit my mirror .

My window was open so I ended up covered in glass, infact he hit it with so much force the glass has covered the entire interior of my car all over the dash, the dials, passanger seat, footwells, even all over the back seat .

Haven't been able to properly inspect the side of my car yet as its raining, and it was dark when it happened, but I have scuffed my wheels trying to avoid him?

Wasn't till I got home and looked in the mirror that I noticed the blood on my face from all the little cuts where I was sprayed with glass???

In his defence he did pull over and gave me his insurance details, and it luckley was just my mirror, but thats not the point? What if those glass splinters had gone in my eyes? Or I had been resting my arm on the door??

Anyway LOL rant over and now to order some wing mirror glass and get the hoover out
Old 16 May 2008, 11:03 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

lucky escape. I had this in the discovery with an oncoming van. i had stopped against the kerb and he did the same. he did stop also BUT said he couldnt move over anymore or he would have broken the passenger mirror in the bushes. so 2 was better than one...Gave me some details which were NOT correct also..
Old 16 May 2008, 11:22 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good job it missed your eyes, lucky escape ! I tend to flick the fold switch for the mirrors if it gets tight.
Old 16 May 2008, 01:16 PM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57
said he couldnt move over anymore or he would have broken the passenger mirror in the bushes.
He would have broke the mirror in the bushes??? Yeah cos bushes are really hard LOL

Originally Posted by 53WRX
I tend to flick the fold switch for the mirrors if it gets tight.
Would love to do that but someone @ Subaru had the bright idea of not fitting them to UK cars

Have been thinking of fitting them to my car though as they crop up on ebay for about £40 with the switch, just wondered if they are hard to retro fit?
Old 16 May 2008, 01:42 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear thi mate, hope you're alright! I had the exactsame thing happen to me when I had my V6 Mondeo
Old 16 May 2008, 02:32 PM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cornelius
sorry to hear thi mate, hope you're alright! I had the exactsame thing happen to me when I had my V6 Mondeo
Yeah i'm fine m8 thanx just so annoying when it happens, how I didn't end up with any glass in my eyes though I don't know as the little cuts I had where across my forhead and my cheek??

Got new glass now £8 from Anglia Batteries "IN STOCK" too .
Old 16 May 2008, 02:35 PM
spally
Scooby Regular

glad to hear it was only small damage, at least he pulled over i had someone swerve into my lane smash the mirror and bugger off.....but it was only my chavalier so wasnt that bothered.