ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Near miss in the scoob last night! (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/687982-near-miss-in-the-scoob-last-night.html)

97Catalunya 16 May 2008 10:54 AM

Near miss in the scoob last night!

Was driving driving down a road with parked cars on the right hand side none on my side when I saw a car comming the other way, so I looked for a gap in the parked cars for him to pull into and rolled by it @ about 5mph, it was a big gap so all he had to do was pull slightley into it as we passed :).
But no :cuckoo: he flew passed me without moving over @ all and smash he hit my mirror :hjtwofing.

My window was open so I ended up covered in glass, infact he hit it with so much force the glass has covered the entire interior of my car :( all over the dash, the dials, passanger seat, footwells, even all over the back seat :wonder:.

Haven't been able to properly inspect the side of my car yet as its raining, and it was dark when it happened, but I have scuffed my wheels trying to avoid him? :cry:

Wasn't till I got home and looked in the mirror that I noticed the blood on my face from all the little cuts where I was sprayed with glass??? :eek:

In his defence he did pull over and gave me his insurance details, and it luckley was just my mirror, but thats not the point? What if those glass splinters had gone in my eyes? Or I had been resting my arm on the door??

Anyway LOL rant over and now to order some wing mirror glass and get the hoover out :rolleyes:

Spec'c'57 16 May 2008 11:03 AM

:eek: lucky escape. I had this in the discovery with an oncoming van. i had stopped against the kerb and he did the same. he did stop also BUT said he couldnt move over anymore or he would have broken the passenger mirror in the bushes. :razz: so 2 was better than one...Gave me some details which were NOT correct also..

53 16 May 2008 11:22 AM

Good job it missed your eyes, lucky escape !:eek: I tend to flick the fold switch for the mirrors if it gets tight.

97Catalunya 16 May 2008 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57 (Post 7876833)
said he couldnt move over anymore or he would have broken the passenger mirror in the bushes. :razz:

He would have broke the mirror in the bushes??? Yeah cos bushes are really hard :wonder::wonder: :cuckoo: LOL

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 7876873)
I tend to flick the fold switch for the mirrors if it gets tight.

Would love to do that but someone @ Subaru had the bright idea of not fitting them to UK cars :rolleyes:

Have been thinking of fitting them to my car though as they crop up on ebay for about £40 with the switch, just wondered if they are hard to retro fit?

Cornelius 16 May 2008 01:42 PM

sorry to hear thi mate, hope you're alright! I had the exactsame thing happen to me when I had my V6 Mondeo

97Catalunya 16 May 2008 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 7877170)
sorry to hear thi mate, hope you're alright! I had the exactsame thing happen to me when I had my V6 Mondeo

Yeah i'm fine m8 thanx :thumb: just so annoying when it happens, how I didn't end up with any glass in my eyes though I don't know as the little cuts I had where across my forhead and my cheek??

Got new glass now £8 from Anglia Batteries "IN STOCK" too :eek:.

spally 16 May 2008 02:35 PM

glad to hear it was only small damage, at least he pulled over i had someone swerve into my lane smash the mirror and bugger off.....but it was only my chavalier so wasnt that bothered.