Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

AAARRRGHHHH...fecking thieves...

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2008, 03:15 AM
johnny_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAARRRGHHHH...fecking thieves...

Just got woken up by the police only to find my Saabs windows had been smashed n glove box was opened..thankfully, nothing was taken...jus spent £50 to have a full valet yesterday,
cos i have business trip up Nottingham in 4 hours time.. its a complete clean n empty car..why bother?????? the scooby was parked kinda next to it which had loads of stuff in it but they chose my business car dammit..these dam low life sons of a bit***s should go n find a proper job.. They can even get a freaking degree working in Macdonalds now..Now i guess i have to either cancel the trip last minute or go up in the scooby..(not cheap when shes only doing 17-19 mpg on super)..n now i have to spend another £50 on insurance for new window
the police says apparently there were witnesses saying they saw someone gettin out of a car, smashed my passenger window, reached in then took off, but they were unable to give me the vehicle description which only makes me more frustrated cos i wouldve traced them down myself..
Old 29 January 2008, 05:33 AM
7REV
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this mate, strange for them to break into a empty car though ... unless they was hoping to find the spare keys to the scoob or something ????
There has been a few car break ins around here lately, neighbours have told me that they have seen kids looking in the windows of my van but they seem to leave the scoob alone (touch wood).
I think it is a case of them looking for soft targets most of the time. Subaru's etc are usually going to have decent security where as older standard cars don't have so much protection.
Hope it all go's well for you in your meeting, on the plus side, just think of the fun you can have on the way to Nottingham in the STI
Take care 7rev
Old 29 January 2008, 07:19 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

It just gets worse !!
Old 29 January 2008, 07:44 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

FULL sympathy and understanding - I'm starting to think that this type of behaviour and lack of respect - just sadly isn't going to change or get any better!
Hope you get it all sorted and they will one day come un-stuck!!! "what goes around comes around" an' all that!
Old 29 January 2008, 08:09 AM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this

Makes me glad that I've cleared my garage out and the Scooby is safely tucked up in there now, having said that, it won't deter professional thieves, but hopefully it will make them think twice
Old 29 January 2008, 09:25 AM
f4iryprincess
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Johnny, sorry to hear bout ur car, which i did when i got up first thing this morning from 7rev.
Its no help in catching whoever done it, but before i went to bed between 2:15 & 2:30 this morning i popped out for a cigarette and as i looked down the road i could see a car outside yours with headlights on (on a good night parking wise, i can see all the way down the road) and wondered if it was you, thinking it was a strange time for you to possibly be out n about. Now wish i had stayed out a bit longer n been a bit nosier to see if they drove past me.
Glad it wasn't ur scoob that they went for though.

Gem
Old 29 January 2008, 09:50 AM
johnny_sti
Scooby Regular

thanks guys..i had to cancel the meeting cos theres no way i can afford the petrol to cover 600+ miles all round trip..n ive only jus read my policy that my windscreen cover is £100..my day is only getting worst..as u say 7rev, ockendon is bad as it is, in a way, i wished they did the scooby in instead as the saab is the car that makes the money to keep the scooby going lol..but u wouldnt think they'll be stupid enough to break into a car thats on a main road where ppl can see..n as for the car u saw Fairy, that would most likely to be the undercover poilce car with its lights facing u..so yeah, i believe in 'what goes round comes around'..jus keep all ur scoobys safely sheltered guys if u can..dont give them a chance so u can have a peaceful sleep..
Old 29 January 2008, 09:58 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Sadly we can't park our car outside our house, we have a grass area in front of the houses and "your not allowed to park on the grass" - we got a letter through from the council about it - despite the fact that there are 36 residencies and only 15 car spaces!!! But thats another story LOL.
CCTC probably wouldn't reach far enough to see our car - so we have to rely on ..... people thinking twice - which doesn't give us much hope does it really! Our car needs a respray now, but we're going to move (fingers crossed), so we'll buy a place with a garage and drive, THEN get the respray done! Sad that you just can't ahve anything nice these days!
Old 29 January 2008, 10:20 AM
johnny_sti
Scooby Regular

lol @ relying on them to think twice..ppl who are low enough to break into someones car clearly shows they dont have a brain to think with or they'd go n get a job..good luck with ur move soon, i know u ha a bad time living there too..ive still not slept yet cos of all that, National windscreen are due over any time now..
Old 29 January 2008, 10:56 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

sorry to hear about this Johnny.

here's a sad story.

one of my office neighbours (he sells CCTV stuff) had a van broken into behind his premises and the thief just took his satnav out the glove box.

anyway this was 4.00pm on a weekday (still lightish) and when they reviewed the CCTV (state of the art system, as they sell them so its like demo kit) to the police, the police knew who the offender was, but unfortunately, they also knew the offender had since changed his appearance (new hair do or something) and said they would be hard pressed to prove it!!

i kid you not!!!

dont waste your money on cctv, unless you link it to your TV and have a Minigun strapped to your bay window!!!!

Old 29 January 2008, 11:05 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

LOL - I don't have a mini-gun - I have a "husband" lol who at the moment is foaming at the mouth ready to break anyone's fingers if he catches them near his car. Failing that.... I have VERY large dogs, BIG sticks and lots of metal dog leads

OK - I was kidding about the leads
Old 29 January 2008, 01:55 PM
spally
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about this Johnny.....fercking w***ers!!!!!!
Old 29 January 2008, 05:44 PM
johnny_sti
Scooby Regular

lol..even cctv doesnt do the job..i dont see why the police wont give me the information on what the witness said..if they gave me a bit of a clue on what kinda vehicle he saw, i may have a bigger chance in getting hold of them myself..
my day got worst tho..only havin no sleep, National windscreen came out, replaced my window.. the result was, his hoover was broken so he couldnt get rid of the glass inside n out for me, i have lights on the door, it was hanging off cos the guy didnt fix it right, he lost a screw that held part of the panel in..so i had to take my car to the car wash just to pay the guys to hoover my car, cos i really wasnt in a right mood to do anything, had to go to a technician to wire n fix me door light..now im paranoid that they're gonna come back n do my scooby next..
Old 30 January 2008, 09:17 AM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Argh Sorry to hear about ur troubles Johnny Their are some idiots about? But like a couple of people said, unless they are pro's their more likely to go for the easy target of a non alarmed car than the scoob as it is more likely to have a good security system fitted?

Hope ur week gets better M8
Old 30 January 2008, 11:26 AM
johnny_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 97Catalunya

Hope ur week gets better M8
i hope so too mate..both my cars has cat1 security n tackers on them..afterall, it is south ockendon i live lol..bad enough as it is telling ppl where im from lol..
Old 30 January 2008, 11:45 AM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnny_sti
i hope so too mate..both my cars has cat1 security n tackers on them..afterall, it is south ockendon i live lol..bad enough as it is telling ppl where im from lol..
Was the alarm triggered when they smashed the window?

As for posting on here, if they are looking on here then they know the cars have Cat1's and Trackers so they would be stupid to try? Also they will know that we all look out for each other and trying to hide a scoob in Essex where we all know each other and each others cars, then it will make them think twice
Old 30 January 2008, 12:47 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

i doubt these scum will be on here.

prolly cant read anyway!!!!

makes me soooo angry....

some young fella came up to me in a Luton petrol station the other night as i'd finished paying and walking across the forecourt.

him "is that your subaru mate?"

here we go, i thought.

me "yes".

him "oh, thats well nice, i'd love one of them!!!"

me "thanks, i hope you do get one soon"

made a nice refreshing change and brightened up my journey home...

Glass is a right git to clean up, when my BM got broke into a while back i was still finding bits of glass months later!!!
Old 30 January 2008, 01:56 PM
johnny_sti
Scooby Regular

the alarm was triggered, but my room is at the back so i didnt hear it the first time..it was the second time when the old bill knocked on my door telling me what had happened..as Dazza says, they're probably too dumb to kno how to read otherwise the sticker 'this vehicle is protected by toads security' would make them think twice lol..n i still have alot of glass in the car the vucuum cant get to, so im gettin alot of rattling when i go round corners lol..

Dont u jus hate it tho when kids comes up to u n say ' i think Evos r better mate'..what do u do or say back?? lol..i jus say the Evos is all about computer handling n are for pu**ys who cant drive hehe..
Old 30 January 2008, 02:41 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

i'd just say, i'd love to able to afford to run an Evo lol

and then finish up with, my car is still better then your ****ing piece of **** paper-round pushbike, you illiterate chav scum sucker!!!
[only joking about the last bit]
Old 30 January 2008, 04:06 PM
Giggsie's fox
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this mate.

Quick tip the best thing to pick up tiny bits of glass is white bread
just hold the bread on the floor for a few seconds and all the glass
will get stuck in it,for a quid a loaf you cant go wrong.
Old 30 January 2008, 05:24 PM
johnny_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Giggsie's fox
Sorry to hear this mate.

Quick tip the best thing to pick up tiny bits of glass is white bread
just hold the bread on the floor for a few seconds and all the glass
will get stuck in it,for a quid a loaf you cant go wrong.
cheers mate..the only problem is, the glass r coin size bits thats gone inside the seat belt holder right inside the thin slot..could say almost impossible to get to lol..still loads of glass inside the door too which im annoyed about..how could national windscreen bring a broken hoover lol...