Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

So ........ 2 days in a row ....... 2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2007, 10:56 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So ........ 2 days in a row ....... 2 problems

Well, after yesterdays fiasco with the alarm, I now have had another today.

Some Chav ******* has keyed my car , parked just off southend high Street for 40 minutes and went home.
when we went to leave, I was asked to move the passenger seat forward so Jack could fit in his seat in the back ....... And low and behold, there was the key marks around the front passenger door handle .

It was definately done in Southend, as I 'quickly' gave the car a wash over to remove most of the road grime, and I woud have noticed the scratches.

They are deep, down to the prime coat as well ....... Great end to the year
Old 23 December 2007, 11:14 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry matey don't let it get you down I am sure it can be fixed. Tis the silly season and keying seems to be coming back into yob fashion again
Old 24 December 2007, 06:17 AM
Leebo77
Scooby Regular

dirty scum. feel for you mate, had mine done a few weeks after i bought it. just want to rip their heads off.

hope your luck improves.
Old 24 December 2007, 06:33 AM
badgerface123
Scooby Regular

Location: deepest darkest dorset ripping up the A30 in a red V5
Angry

ive suffered this in the past makes my bloody boil! why they do it

if i every catch anyone keying any car in going to have some sweet revenge and ensure that one little tw@t changes there blood boiling hobby
Old 24 December 2007, 08:32 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Sorry to hear that mate
Old 24 December 2007, 08:48 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Know how you feel mate - our bonnet was done from one side to the other only a matter of days after some idiot took a shot at our window!

And likewise - if I ever see someone doing something like that......... I'll set gooner on 'em LOL (not that its at all funny ). Just some people are sadly jealous and shallow and when they see nice cars, they obviously feel this overwhelming desire to somehow spoil it! Our neighbours car got paint stripper tipped all over it and tyres slashed in the earlier part of the year!!! And a couple of times Gooner has gone out to the car and someone has actually thrown up over - and please not comments on football teams!!!!!

Anyway - hope you get it sorted and at least it wasn't the full length of the car!
Old 24 December 2007, 08:51 AM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

If I saw someone doing this, I'd give them a serious hiding!!!!!

I don't care if this goes against the tree hugging PC rules that this country now runs by but TUFF!

These ***** do it because they know there's no one that will stand up to them!
Old 24 December 2007, 08:56 AM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this Fella
Old 24 December 2007, 09:30 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

On the plus side ..... I had never had the car(s) keyed and I have NEVER cared about where I have parked my Scoobies, I've had 2 in all, spanning 5-6 years now, So it doesn't bother me too much, it was just the shock of seeing the deep scratches/key marks, I reckon £50 tops will see Darcy do the repair for me.

I will, however, be taking a trip to the local constabulary to report it. I know they will do nothin, but they don't want their crime figures rising also .

I would urge anyone, if a crime is committed against them, report it, and make sure you get an incident number, this forces the Police to make a rcor of it, and doing that will force their crime figures up, hopefully spurring them into doing more than ripping of car owners/drivers (Not pointed at anyone who works for the Force ).

Last edited by Nate; 24 December 2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 24 December 2007, 09:48 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Your not going to be in the "good" books with a couple of members on here

We did report the window being shot - but didn't bother with the bonnet tbh. Having to deal with yet more unhappy officers because they have to actually get out of their cars was not my idea of a well spent morning!!!

At least you can get yours repaired - think we're looking at a respray To which Gooner thinks of maybe doing it.......... orange, to match the graphix! It'll sure look "different!" LOL
Old 24 December 2007, 11:33 AM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Mate, I'm sorry to hear about this. I say go a report it, although as you said it won't be going anywhere. However, it may spur the local PCSO's into doing something (given they got 2.5 % pay rise )
Old 24 December 2007, 01:06 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adidas
Mate, I'm sorry to hear about this. I say go a report it, although as you said it won't be going anywhere. However, it may spur the local PCSO's into doing something (given they got 2.5 % pay rise )
Exactly as you have said Ed, it is not meant as a dig at the Constabulary, BUT, if these things go unreported, they will not take measures to safeguard you in the future ....... + not reporting anything helps keep the crime figures down.

I once went to Southend Police Station to report something minor, and I more or less had to force them to take my statement to report it. They didn't want to know.

So people, if a crime is committed against you, report it, however small and insignificant it is ...... The police are there to serve, let them serve you

It also helps the PCSO's have a nice pay rise, if there is plenty of work for them
Old 26 December 2007, 11:54 AM
Jimladfatboy
Scooby Regular

Location: E.S.C. Essex.Scooby.Classic. If it was good enough for Colin.......

Originally Posted by Adidas

That cos they are more highly thought of than the rest of us and it's only us that get sh£t on!