Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Washing Machine Advice - PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2007, 06:41 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washing Machine Advice - PLEASE

I bought a washing machine today - from Curry's - whom I do not recommend. The one I ordered over the phone was NOT in stock and eventually - after me picking FIVE different machines - they managed to find a product which WAS in stock!!!

Anyway, got it home, desperate to do washing and its cold fill only??? My previous machine was hot & cold - and I'm slightly concerned with the electricity it may use because its got to heat its own water?

Does anyone here know anything about washing machines - or does anyone know whether it will cost me more to run this cold fill only??
Old 08 November 2007, 06:47 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

tiny will be along soon
when it comes to domestic chores
he and ed are the best for advice
failing that
phil comes in a close second

budgie
Old 08 November 2007, 07:08 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

I install loads of kitchens, and the vast majority of washing machines are now cold feed only. Check the efficency rating, if use rating is A rated then there will not be a problem.

And before my equally bald friend says anything, I install them not use them!
Old 08 November 2007, 07:19 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

I would not reccomend Currys either , 'reserved' a dishwasher online a while ago , only to turn up at the store that night to pick it up and be told by the brain dead pillock working there (and he was the most intellegent of the buch )that it wasn't in stock . What a waste of my time, what's the point of having a reserve on line operation then ??. I will never use them again end of story

Dave
Old 08 November 2007, 07:19 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yellowvanman
I install loads of kitchens, and the vast majority of washing machines are now cold feed only. Check the efficency rating, if use rating is A rated then there will not be a problem.

And before my equally bald friend says anything, I install them not use them!
yes its A rated
Old 08 November 2007, 07:37 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

90% of washing machines are now cold feed only. It costs far less to heat up the very small amount of water up to the relavent temperature inside the machine than it does to draw it off fo the Boiler or Hot water tank and then have the heating system heat up the whole tank again.

If you look with your instructions there should be a energy label. The figure close to the bottom is the Energy effecincy of the machine. Most are around the 1.1-1.3KW per load, so roughly 10p to do a full load. Far less than your old machine would of been.

Should of got one from me i'd of sorted u out a better deal than Currys, just ask Mark (Flat Eric)
Old 08 November 2007, 07:37 PM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

OOoohh Currys eh????? Traiter ! LOL

Cold fill only is fine as long as it is A rated 99%of the machines I sell are cold fill only now, and some are even A+ energy rated. Cold fill machines also wash better

Just make sure you have capped off the redundent hot tap as some times the shut off valve can drip a little?

Old 08 November 2007, 07:39 PM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B0DSKI
90% of washing machines are now cold feed only. It costs far less to heat up the very small amount of water up to the relavent temperature inside the machine than it does to draw it off fo the Boiler or Hot water tank and then have the heating system heat up the whole tank again.

If you look with your instructions there should be a energy label. The figure close to the bottom is the Energy effecincy of the machine. Most are around the 1.1-1.3KW per load, so roughly 10p to do a full load. Far less than your old machine would of been.

Should of got one from me i'd of sorted u out a better deal than Currys, just ask Mark (Flat Eric)
Ha ha ha think we have a war on our hands
Old 08 November 2007, 08:16 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys - i can honestly say I will never ever ever ever ever...... EVER use Curry's again. And,..................... note to self - must check ESC proffessions before purchasing anything!

As for the nightmare with currys - i did try calling them to ask a salesman - being in "sales" i thought they should know yes???? Absolutley-fecking-not! Didn't have a clue! they put me through aftercare - for an engineer????

Idiots!!!
Old 08 November 2007, 09:07 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Originally Posted by B0DSKI

Yep big up to Boyd who not only sorted out a good price but also made sure I got a free 5 year warranty that was in a promotion.

Jess's lovely (her words not mine) Miele machine was delivered & installed within a couple of days of my last minute order when our Hotpoint broke down. They capped off the redundent hot feed & then did a quick demo of the controls etc & even advised on what to use in the machine to keep it in good health. Then they tidied up & took away the old machine.

Nice to see good customer care can still be found.

Mark
Old 09 November 2007, 07:27 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC

Yep big up to Boyd who not only sorted out a good price but also made sure I got a free 5 year warranty that was in a promotion.

Jess's lovely (her words not mine) Miele machine was delivered & installed within a couple of days of my last minute order when our Hotpoint broke down. They capped off the redundent hot feed & then did a quick demo of the controls etc & even advised on what to use in the machine to keep it in good health. Then they tidied up & took away the old machine.

Nice to see good customer care can still be found.

Mark

Your making me blush now Mark
Old 09 November 2007, 07:28 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 97Catalunya
Ha ha ha think we have a war on our hands
Noooooooooooooo Not bleedin Stellisons
Old 09 November 2007, 11:31 AM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular