Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Limited Edition Collectable for ESC members

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2007, 09:49 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limited Edition Collectable for ESC members

Something different for any ESC members….

I’ve been planning something a bit different to commemorate the British Grand Prix last Sunday.

First of all, let me explain something -: I work in a “Collectors Centre” in London and one of the things that we do is create “First Day Covers” for the stamp collectors who like to have commemorative envelopes whenever Royal Mail produce a new set of stamps. We design the whole thing from scratch, have a special postmark created just for our envelopes, buy the stamps and have our special postmark applied on them to create a “First Day Cover”.

Now I have done exactly this – but I’ve done it all by myself – for the Grand Prix stamps issued on the 3rd July.

I discussed with Phil my idea as it involved producing something that promoted the SIDC as well as making an interesting looking item, and he gave me permission to use the SIDC logo in the design of the cover.

I have had Royal Mail produce a special postmark that features the SIDC logo, the envelope shows the cars from the SIDC membership card and on the rear is a bit about the SIDC. Overall I hope it will make an interesting “collectable” that will not only be appreciated, but will increase in value as the years go by (I’m very confident in that last point – I speak from 15 years experience)!

The envelopes are now back with me from Royal Mail and as I have just mentioned to Phil, before I offer them to the First Day Cover collectors, I want to give the ESC members the first opportunity to buy one for themselves.

These envelopes are restricted to just 100 produced with the full sets of 6 stamps, there are a few single stamp versions produced, but these are being retained for another purpose. Every envelope is certified on the rear with an individual number and the total produced.

Once I offer them to the First Day Cover collectors, I don’t expect many to be left, there are thousands of collectors in the UK who will want this, but I want the ESC people to have the opportunity to buy one first.

Cost is just £19.95 post free and I can be paid by Paypal, a cheque, and even good old fashioned cash! – Just PM me and I will supply the details.

Now finally – here is what it looks like!

Please let me know if any of you want one………..
Old 09 July 2007, 09:58 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

One of these will be auctioned at the Scoobyball

Well done Looie
Old 09 July 2007, 09:59 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

I'll have one thanks Looie.

Please PM me your Paypal details. Thanks.

Mark
Old 09 July 2007, 10:05 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC
I'll have one thanks Looie.

Please PM me your Paypal details. Thanks.

Mark
PM sent !
Old 09 July 2007, 10:14 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

And me
Old 09 July 2007, 10:23 PM
BeeSTi
Scooby Regular

Location: Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out

Me to Please Looie
Old 09 July 2007, 10:23 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by *Nate*
And me
PM sent !

Trending Topics

Old 09 July 2007, 10:24 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by BeeSTi
Me to Please Looie
PM sent !
Old 09 July 2007, 10:27 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Looie
PM sent !
PM received.

Paypal is having some problem at the minute so will try tomorrow.

If no joy then a cheque will be dispatched.

Mark
Old 09 July 2007, 10:32 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC
PM received.

Paypal is having some problem at the minute so will try tomorrow.

If no joy then a cheque will be dispatched.

Mark
Old 09 July 2007, 11:13 PM
BeeSTi
Scooby Regular

Location: Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out

Paid Looie via paypal

Darren
Old 10 July 2007, 12:22 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes please Looie one for me

Send me paypal details and I will sent immediately
Old 10 July 2007, 08:49 AM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

Put me down for 1 looie please
Old 10 July 2007, 09:10 AM
Mark_B4
Scooby Regular

I’ve been planning something a bit different to commemorate the British Grand Prix last Sunday.

First of all, let me explain something -: I work in a “Collectors Centre” in London and one of the things that we do is create “First Day Covers” for the stamp collectors who like to have commemorative envelopes whenever Royal Mail produce a new set of stamps. We design the whole thing from scratch, have a special postmark created just for our envelopes, buy the stamps and have our special postmark applied on them to create a “First Day Cover”.

Now I have done exactly this – but I’ve done it all by myself – for the Grand Prix stamps issued on the 3rd July.

I discussed with Phil my idea as it involved producing something that promoted the SIDC as well as making an interesting looking item, and he gave me permission to use the SIDC logo in the design of the cover.

I have had Royal Mail produce a special postmark that features the SIDC logo, the envelope shows the cars from the SIDC membership card and on the rear is a bit about the SIDC. Overall I hope it will make an interesting “collectable” that will not only be appreciated, but will increase in value as the years go by (I’m very confident in that last point – I speak from 15 years experience)!

The envelopes are now back with me from Royal Mail and as I have just mentioned to Phil, before I offer them to the First Day Cover collectors, I want to give the ESC members the first opportunity to buy one for themselves.

These envelopes are restricted to just 100 produced with the full sets of 6 stamps, there are a few single stamp versions produced, but these are being retained for another purpose. Every envelope is certified on the rear with an individual number and the total produced.

Once I offer them to the First Day Cover collectors, I don’t expect many to be left, there are thousands of collectors in the UK who will want this, but I want the ESC people to have the opportunity to buy one first.

Cost is just £19.95 post free and I can be paid by Paypal, a cheque, and even good old fashioned cash! – Just PM me and I will supply the details.

1. FlatEric
2. BeeSTI
3. Nate
4. 53WRX
5. Mark_B4
Old 10 July 2007, 09:33 AM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

i must be invisible
Old 10 July 2007, 09:35 AM
Mark_B4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John1uk
i must be invisible
Oops sorry mate, I should have refreshed
Old 10 July 2007, 09:36 AM
Mark_B4
Scooby Regular

1. FlatEric
2. BeeSTI
3. Nate
4. 53WRX
5. John1uk
6. Mark_B4
Old 10 July 2007, 09:40 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

1. FlatEric
2. BeeSTI
3. Nate
4. 53WRX
5. John1uk
6. Mark_B4
Old 10 July 2007, 09:55 AM
Mark_B4
Scooby Regular

Old 10 July 2007, 01:30 PM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

thanx Mark
Old 10 July 2007, 08:57 PM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

1. FlatEric
2. BeeSTI
3. Nate
4. 53WRX
5. John1uk
6. Mark_B4
7. 97Catalunya

Old 11 July 2007, 08:31 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

If all goes well (the boss is due to be away on Thurs), I will be able to sneak away from work earlier than normal and bring these to the HWH!

Keep your fingers crossed he doesn't change his mind.........
Old 12 July 2007, 11:18 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Smile

Received mine this morning

Great item & great service from Looie.

Thank you.

Mark
Old 12 July 2007, 11:43 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Glad you like it mate.......

They were appreciated at the HWH tonight as well!
Old 12 July 2007, 11:50 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Look even better in real life
Old 13 July 2007, 12:55 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular