Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

ATTN FRAYZ ... History of the ESC

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2007, 04:55 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN FRAYZ ... History of the ESC

Just for you Frayz I thought I'd draft a short post to give you the history of how/and why the ESC came to be the ESC. This is following on from the post in which baz was whinging about rc cars (which are cool by the way ) and the whole posts that followed about the SIDC/ESC ... seeing as none of the original members thought it prudent to give you an accurate history.

The ESC was originalled called the Flat Four Impreza Club and run by a guy called Darren Lloyd.

It was set up as an alternative to the SIDC which was seen by many members as a group of arseholes.

It was a close knit group and meets were small but had a purpose.

Darren, unfortunately, had to give up running the FFIC as his business became busier and he just didn't have the time to do both.

Tiny took over the running as a temporary thing, initially, and that turned into a more permanent roll.

Since that time some parity was found between members of the SIDC and the FFIC which led to many members attending both monthly meets and parking on the SIDC patches at shows.

The ESC has now, apparently, been merged with the SIDC so it is now the Essex section of the group.

Hope that clears it all up
Old 31 May 2007, 05:11 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
Just for you Frayz I thought I'd draft a short post to give you the history of how/and why the ESC came to be the ESC. This is following on from the post in which baz was whinging about rc cars (which are cool by the way ) and the whole posts that followed about the SIDC/ESC ... seeing as none of the original members thought it prudent to give you an accurate history.

The ESC was originalled called the Flat Four Impreza Club and run by a guy called Darren Lloyd.

It was set up as an alternative to the SIDC which was seen by many members as a group of arseholes.

Darren, unfortunately, had to give up running the FFIC as his business became busier and he just didn't have the time to do both.

Tiny took over the running as a temporary thing, initially, and that turned into a more permanent roll.

Since that time some parity was found between members of the SIDC and the FFIC which led to many members attending both monthly meets and parking on the SIDC patches at shows.

The ESC has now, apparently, been merged with the SIDC so it is now the Essex section of the group.

Cheers mate.
Old 31 May 2007, 05:11 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

why not use PM. ???
Old 31 May 2007, 05:18 PM
Baza1954
Scooby Regular

Thanks as a newbie found that intresting.
Old 31 May 2007, 05:21 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza
why not use PM. ???
Because it's information that a lot of the new members might want to know ... generally people who are members of a club/collective take interest in the history of that club/collective.
Old 31 May 2007, 05:33 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Rob,

That's an accurate and succinct potted history of the ESC. It is very true that there were 'issues' between the FFIC and the SIDC, hence the reason why there are 2 monthly meets. As you know The Lodge meet was originally held at the Dick Turpin on the A127 as there had been disagreements at the Halfway House. After a while it became evident that the D.T was not the best place to meet and therefore a new venue was found. I would imagine only Phil and Nate would know the whole story as it all occured before I bought the Scoob.

The only thing I would like to take you to task over is:

I believe it still is a close knit group. Sure people come and go, things happen in their life which means they have to move on. The nucleus remains, all be it with new faces. Yes, the meets have got bigger and bigger and it has lost its personal touch to a certain degree. This is obvious by the amount of people that turn up for one or two of the meets and never return. It must be imposing turning up and seeing 20/30+ seating around sharing 'in' jokes and not being part of it. However, we were all newbies once. I can remember walking into my first meet with a new bloke by the name of Knowlsey (whatever happened to him? ) and sitting there with my big gob shut. However, I persevered and within a short while I entered into conversation. It just takes a bit of effort

However, as mentioned several times, there is no way that any of us would have met (except for perhaps the FMC boys). The ESC has become a victim of its own success, only because of the time and effort put in by Tiny, Karen, Phil and some of the others.

I believe its time someone else picks up the reins of the ESC. Its not fair on the same (handful) of people to organise events/meets or cruises. I would love to do more, but, at present its not feasible with the constraints of work. The foundations are there and are rock solid, it won't take long to build on them.
Old 31 May 2007, 06:26 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adidas
and sitting there with my big gob shut
WOW bet that was a rare sight

Getting my coat very quickly
Old 31 May 2007, 07:47 PM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

This is following on from the post in which baz was whinging about rc cars (which are cool by the way )

Why the f**K bring me into it???

i said & so did WOZZA that there are lots of R/C thread going up??
Never whinged about them, & never said we DIDNT like them
Old 31 May 2007, 07:59 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by baz69birds

i said & so did WOZZA that there are lots of R/C thread going up??
Never whinged about them, & never said we DIDNT like them

Had to think of something which would jog Frayz' memory as to which post I was referring to. And seeing as you were the person who initiated the thread, and the person who was having a deckchair about some R/C meet on the same day as japfest and how that was 'sad' then it seemed the best description.

Chill ... have a pill
Old 31 May 2007, 08:08 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Had to think of something which would jog Frayz' memory as to which post I was referring to. And seeing as you were the person who initiated the thread, and the person who was having a deckchair about some R/C meet on the same day as japfest and how that was 'sad' then it seemed the best description.

Chill ... have a pill

just for the record its JAE weekend....
Old 31 May 2007, 08:09 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Location: Loving the ESC FAMILY thing. F*CK the TROUBLE MAKERS :D

Oi oi i was gonna say that
Old 31 May 2007, 08:12 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs ESC
Oi oi i was gonna say that
Old 31 May 2007, 08:16 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Old 31 May 2007, 08:16 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

As you can probably imagine I don't really care what event it was relating to.
Old 31 May 2007, 08:22 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

I must say its lovely having you ack on here, as the R/C thing is a tad boring.

Thank you for the entertainment.
Old 31 May 2007, 08:33 PM
Nürburg_Ringa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by baz69birds
Because you are a tw@t?
Old 31 May 2007, 08:35 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nürburg_Ringa
Because you are a tw@t?
Oi you behave yourself.
Old 31 May 2007, 08:36 PM
Nürburg_Ringa
Scooby Regular

Sowwwyyyyyyyy
Old 31 May 2007, 08:40 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nürburg_Ringa
Because you are a tw@t?

P M S L !!!!

Old 31 May 2007, 08:50 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

I would also like to add, I went to one FFIC meet, and didn't really like it, as people were forever trying to sell me things, you need this and you need that .

Hang on, it's still like that, Tiny with his shirts, Phil with his memberships and now John with the RC stuff
Old 31 May 2007, 09:05 PM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Nate*

Hang on, it's still like that, Tiny with his shirts, Phil with his memberships and now John with the RC stuff
No no matey....i'm out of here....i'm all up for a laugh and some friendly banter, but this has gone a little OTT, no i'm not talking about leaders or the ones that stand up for the ESC, I am talking about a minority of people who just want to slate people on here for no silly reason. If this is what calsberg makes then i'm glad i drink tea.

Tiny, Karen, Phil just a few people i would like to say thanx for a great time in the club, but the reason i'm selling my scooby is due to what has gone on in here the last couple of weeks.... some members need to lighten up or even get a life..... I very rareley have a go at anyone or speek my mind, but i don't want to be part of a club that is probably the laughin stock of scoobynet.

No offence Tiny, Karen & phil, but you guys have done a great job with this club.....just a shame its gone **** up with stupid comments from certain members.

Chow people.........signing off now....over to motormeet where life is a lot quieter
Old 31 May 2007, 09:06 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

I think you forgot to mention the fact that the minute a certain person's business went bust and no longer showed their face @ SIDC meets, the attitude changed with the SIDC members and others (including myself felt welcome at the halfway house meets)

I havent read all these latest threads on here but Deb has brought some to my attention, I must say I'm very surprised at how bitchy every1 is getting, how things change.....

I know just how Phil & Tiny feel about the club events, it takes it out of you doing every show and all the 'behind the scene' work that is invloved organising tickets, trophies, hotels, food, this, that etc etc. It certainly takes the buzz out of what it origanally meant to me.

Then you get to the point where you no longer have any room in your scooby to drive to the events with the marquee, tables, flags, banners etc etc so you have to go in a van instead. Where's the fun in.

Not to mention just how much it costs a year in hotel costs & petrol. It quickly mounts up.

I am lucky now that I have John running the events for both the RB320 and the RB5 clubs so I no longer feel obliged to attend events in order for the members to go.
Old 31 May 2007, 09:06 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

I'm glad I've not been on here for two weeks then!
Old 31 May 2007, 09:08 PM
Nürburg_Ringa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by John1uk
No no matey....i'm out of here....i'm all up for a laugh and some friendly banter, but this has gone a little OTT, no i'm not talking about leaders or the ones that stand up for the ESC, I am talking about a minority of people who just want to slate people on here for no silly reason. If this is what calsberg makes then i'm glad i drink tea.

Tiny, Karen, Phil just a few people i would like to say thanx for a great time in the club, but the reason i'm selling my scooby is due to what has gone on in here the last couple of weeks.... some members need to lighten up or even get a life..... I very rareley have a go at anyone or speek my mind, but i don't want to be part of a club that is probably the laughin stock of scoobynet.

No offence Tiny, Karen & phil, but you guys have done a great job with this club.....just a shame its gone **** up with stupid comments from certain members.

Chow people.........signing off now....over to motormeet where life is a lot quieter

well said that man ^
Old 31 May 2007, 09:15 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

someone blame it all on me please ... it doesn't feel the same.
Old 31 May 2007, 09:18 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate, can't do that, nothing to do with you
Old 31 May 2007, 09:21 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

if it makes you feel wanted......

Its YOUR fault.....
Old 31 May 2007, 10:06 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im sorry but im a little lost here...

What has gone on to make John want to leave?

Baz, stop snapping and actually read what gangsta had written, it was only to relate what his comments were about.. nothing bad towards you.

This kind of thread soon becomes something much bigger than it was really intended to be and ends up in yet another slanging match.

Im just glad i enjoyed myself out with some friends tonight who all happen to be ESC members and without this place i would have never of met them.

Cheers.
Old 31 May 2007, 10:15 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by frayz

Im just glad i enjoyed myself out with some friends tonight who all happen to be ESC members and without this place i would have never of met them.

Cheers.

Nail on the head there me ole mate
Old 31 May 2007, 10:29 PM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

Did I miss something John?

Quick Reply: ATTN FRAYZ ... History of the ESC