Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

anyone know of.

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2007, 10:47 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry anyone know of.

a debt collection agency in essex?

please pm me with details, private individuals welcome, I am willing to pay well.

james
Old 11 February 2007, 10:55 PM
Michaela
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PMSL
Old 11 February 2007, 10:59 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

This is way beyond a joke now!!!!

Am glad I gave the flamer project to someone who is reliable and trustworthy, don't want my reputation to be tarnished by Fish
Old 11 February 2007, 11:00 PM
Michaela
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by frayz
PMSL
Sorry.. i wrote that
Old 11 February 2007, 11:05 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

I agree, its gone to far. if he was more local this would have been sorted by now, I can assure you.

Last edited by Jamo; 11 February 2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11 February 2007, 11:08 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

have you met this lot

budgie
Old 11 February 2007, 11:16 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

It will cost me 70 pounds to get there and back in my car, he owes me 115 pounds, I am willing to pay 50%.

james
Old 12 February 2007, 05:16 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

bttt
Old 12 February 2007, 06:59 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

It'll cost you twice that to get a debt collection agency involved over a debt of only £115!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's the principle and everything but if it's going to cost you £70 to get here in the first place then maybe just let it go and learn your lesson!!

What you're suggesting is 'getting the boys round' and that could get you into a whole lot more trouble than the person who owes you this money ... especially if you use less than reputable agencies who like turning on the fisticuffs.
Old 12 February 2007, 07:20 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

He is not wrong you know
Old 12 February 2007, 08:22 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

also if this person hasn't paid you the £115 already ... and I am assuming that you have tried calling, writing and the like ... then it is unlikely that they are going to so posting up on a public forum asking for details of debt collection agencies will not in anyway help your cause. It's also very foolish as the person you are referring to may see the post and know that you are pursuing further means of recovering the debt.

I'd suggest deleting your thread as it is going to get you nowhere.
Old 12 February 2007, 08:46 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

but so has EVERY other means rob... so really dont make any difference in my eyes..
Old 12 February 2007, 08:57 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

What about small claims court ?

Can be done online to keep costs down , https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp
Old 12 February 2007, 09:11 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

He would win the case ... but if his debtor can't afford to pay him the £115 now then he'd most probably get it over 60 months, as the court would structure some sort of programme. Yeh the damage would be done in the fact that the debtor would get a CCJ against his name and then be fcuked from getting any sort of credit for a very long time but it sounds like shaggy is in need of the cash so what is the point of spending more and going to court??

If you don't need the cash then yeh it's a principle case because (IMO) if somebody screws you out of cash in a deceitfull way then they should never be allowed to get away with it. However if money and cash output is an issue just learn your lesson and in the future buy from reputable traders with a decent history and some sort of limited company to back up their stats

Last edited by Gangsta Smurf; 12 February 2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12 February 2007, 09:30 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Can't disagree with Gangsta about the small claims court procedure being uselss if he can't pay, but don't forget that he will end up with a county court judgement registered against him. That will effectively ruin his life for the next 6 years. He won't be able to get credit or even a mobile phone with a bad credit history.

For that reason alone it may well be worth it.
Old 12 February 2007, 09:35 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

I think it is defo the principle of the matter that he wants the unnamed person to return his money one way or another... it must be as he been SOOOO understanding waiting for so long..
Old 12 February 2007, 09:44 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57
I think it is defo the principle of the matter that he wants the unnamed person to return his money one way or another... it must be as he been SOOOO understanding waiting for so long..
For £115 it is not worth the hassle!

Cost you in excess of £500 to take the matter to court. A debt collection agency ... a reputable one ... will probably not even take on the debt, unless they were taking an entire book of debt and shaggy's guy/girl is an element of that book.

Yeh it is principle but not enough to make that principle worth following through.

Take the hit and move on!
Old 12 February 2007, 09:50 AM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Rob,

In some respects I agree with what you are saying. However, 'Fish' needs to be taught a lesson (financially, not physically).

I'm certain if it was you down the £115, you'd be shouting from the rafters, as would I, and would be demanding your money back and trying to get it back anyway you could.

That sort of money maybe small change for you, for others, it can be close to a weeks wages
Old 12 February 2007, 09:57 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
For £115 it is not worth the hassle!

Cost you in excess of £500 to take the matter to court.

£30 to issue in the small claims court. Fish will NOT respond, relying instead on the head in the sand defence. Enter Judgment in default - voila.

Last edited by Milamber; 12 February 2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12 February 2007, 10:01 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adidas
Rob,

In some respects I agree with what you are saying. However, 'Fish' needs to be taught a lesson (financially, not physically).

I'm certain if it was you down the £115, you'd be shouting from the rafters, as would I, and would be demanding your money back and trying to get it back anyway you could.

That sort of money maybe small change for you, for others, it can be close to a weeks wages
Bud I was screwed by a fraudster for £250 and advised not to take the matter further because it would cost me over £1500 to recover the debt ... I bit my tongue and learnt my lesson. It cost me £100 to even be told that the £250 wasn't worth the hassle for ... so that is the kind of costs you are looking at for securing a CCJ.

Whether £115 is small change to me or not is not relevant at all ... it will cost maybe 10 times to recover via a court ... a reputable debt collection agency won't even look at it ... and to do it any other way is liable to land shaggy in deep water. Something I'm sure you would advise against because we all can see what is being suggested.

p.s. what does a fish have to do with this. Have I missed something?? Or is this some sort of pond related debt?
Old 12 February 2007, 10:06 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber

£30 to issue in the small claims court. Fish will NOT respond, relying instead on the head in the sand defence. Enter Judgment in default - voila.
Buddy ... if you think that £30 is all it will cost to take that to court then you are massively mistaken!

If this debtor can't afford £115 then shaggy's chances of getting the cash are virtually zero. He can declare himself bankrupt or just say he doesn't have the cash to pay and then through some sort of restructuring plan he'll get the money over something stupid like 5-8 years!!

I am basing what I'm saying on what has been said in this thread. It sounds like shaggy needs the entire cash amount now and that is why I am saying any further action is not worth while.

He's better off posting up the name of his debtor and then have 65000 scoobynet members knowing not to deal with that person(s)
Old 12 February 2007, 10:17 AM
320bhp
Scooby Regular

Rob, fish is the user mame of the man in question.
Old 12 February 2007, 10:25 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 320bhp
Rob, fish is the user mame of the man in question.
ahhhhh I see ... makes sense now.
Old 12 February 2007, 10:25 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

I took a guy to small claims court, paid the £30 or £50 cant remember now. My legal representation was paid for by my insurance company, however this is not a necessity as to be honest it was very informal and easy going.

I won, he couldnt afford the £700 in one hit so agreed to pay me £120 per month until the debt was settled.

Worked fine for me, I didnt incur any costs, even got my initial outlay back in his payments. As well as telephone call costs, travel costs and any other expenses resulting in his idiotic driving.

I for one would go down this route again, as all you will lose is the initial outlay if you do not need legal representation. Just make sure you have all your facts and figures correct.

I think if Shaggy was to stake this claim at his local court then Fish would need to attend, meaning a long journey or worse a no show, which goes down like a **** sandwich in court. Its a really poor situation to be in and go through, but I have found this system to work.

I am sure everyone would have rather this settled another way, but just seeing the posts on this subject leads me to believe it might be the only way.
Old 12 February 2007, 10:30 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Buddy ... if you think that £30 is all it will cost to take that to court then you are massively mistaken!
I wouldn't have thought so Rob You do know what I do don't you

Granted £30 will only get you a judgment, you may then choose various methods of enforcement but they are only £30-50 each. You could have the whole thing wrapped up for £100 if you chose to go that far.
Old 12 February 2007, 10:36 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
I took a guy to small claims court, paid the £30 or £50 cant remember now. My legal representation was paid for by my insurance company, however this is not a necessity as to be honest it was very informal and easy going.

I won, he couldnt afford the £700 in one hit so agreed to pay me £120 per month until the debt was settled.

Worked fine for me, I didnt incur any costs, even got my initial outlay back in his payments. As well as telephone call costs, travel costs and any other expenses resulting in his idiotic driving.

I for one would go down this route again, as all you will lose is the initial outlay if you do not need legal representation. Just make sure you have all your facts and figures correct.

I think if Shaggy was to stake this claim at his local court then Fish would need to attend, meaning a long journey or worse a no show, which goes down like a **** sandwich in court. Its a really poor situation to be in and go through, but I have found this system to work.

I am sure everyone would have rather this settled another way, but just seeing the posts on this subject leads me to believe it might be the only way.

Oh yeh no doubt that the courts work as you WILL get the money if you win ... but for £115?? Over £500 then yeh no question, no hesitation ... to court you go.

however in saying all this a CCJ means almost nothing these days with so many people having them. If Fish is willing to pay 40% apr then he'll be able to get a loan with no problems at all. Or declare himself bankrupt and start all over again in three years time.

Debt is becoming so normal now that all this CCJ and bad credit history carries almost no weight whatsover! I know that is a contradiction to what I said earlier!
Old 12 February 2007, 10:39 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber
I wouldn't have thought so Rob You do know what I do don't you

Granted £30 will only get you a judgment, you may then choose various methods of enforcement but they are only £30-50 each. You could have the whole thing wrapped up for £100 if you chose to go that far.
Don't worry I know what you do!

Just stating the real costs coming from my recent experiences in taking someone to court. Sounds like I did things the wrong way by your costing example!
Old 12 February 2007, 10:44 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

That is based on a simple claim, with no possibility of a defence/counterclaim and with you doing it yourself. Claims can get much more complicated than that trust me
Old 12 February 2007, 10:49 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Oh yeh no doubt that the courts work as you WILL get the money if you win ... but for £115?? Over £500 then yeh no question, no hesitation ... to court you go.
I understand exactly what you mean Rob, however if it was me, I would still go to small claims - just to make things difficult for the other person regardless of the money, even if it ended up costing me more.

That would make me petty and vindictive I suppose, but the feeling that you are being stitched up is a bitter pill to swallow.
Old 12 February 2007, 10:53 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

wait a second ... didn't this fish bloke post up a few days back saying he had some family issues which is why he has been unavailable??? I remember reading a post to that effect by him.

If he turns over a large amount of stock then he may be dealing with much bigger orders which is why he hasn't got down to Shaggy's yet. Yeh that is not good but I myself know that sometimes you just don't have the time after coming back from a two/three week absence to read every single email from all your smaller (but nonetheless important) clients.

Perhaps a few more weeks grace should be extended in this instance ...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong with the above but I'm sure I read a post from fish somewhere to that effect.

Quick Reply: anyone know of.