Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Some Women.....

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2006, 02:33 PM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Women.....

Just come to a mutual decision with the mrs to break up as she doesn't like the way the car and my gyming comes first......

Whats the point

They like being run around in the car but as soon as you spend time fixing, tweaking or using it without them they get all ar5ey.
The thing some of them don't realise is it takes a lot of money to do this thing and because I choose to buy a new bumper, graphics, wheels etc and not buy them diamonds and rip off flowers from the local BP doesn't mean I don't care.....it just means your getting something for you money when you spend it on a car.......

Rant over..........gonna go cry in the toilets
Old 19 April 2006, 02:35 PM
320bhp
Scooby Regular

Sorry to here that mate.
Old 19 April 2006, 02:41 PM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

Sad posting up here I know but hey, she never liked going out in it anyway.
Just because I had the odd look out the window when I parked it outside hers doesn't mean I tucked it up in bed every night......

Need one of those Pink shirts to get some recognition now...
Old 19 April 2006, 02:43 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately the theyre a balancing act and you'll never ever win.

Just have to work around em

Hope you get things sorted
Old 19 April 2006, 02:59 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

I'm off to Italy so she can moan as much as she likes.....

Sad to hear your news though mate.
Old 19 April 2006, 02:59 PM
Mrs spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that aswell, but there are exceptions, although sometimes i do give Mr Spec C a slap cos he scares the CR4P out of me....

But i also know that letting him play on the car will make him a happier person when we spend time together....

But then i also enjoy my car and having fun in it aswell...

I hope it all works out for the best either way, my view is that everything happens for a reason
Old 19 April 2006, 03:01 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Do know about anyone else, BUT .......

I do realise that it takes a lot of MONEY to do things to the car. And that is my point most of the time. I dont want diamonds and rip off flowers just a nice house to be proud of (and it is getting there Tiny Dont get me wrong).

And to say that you get something for your money when you spend it on your car.... PMSL.

How many cars do you know of in the ESC that have increased in value when they buy the car from new, (drops in value straight way)

Spend an shed load of money on it and is STILL worth less money.

All I can say is, us Ladies do PRIORITIES, You men do EGOS.

And as you said Rant over......... But dont need to cry in the bog .

Just my thoughts here.

MRS ESC

P.S. Tiny will tell you, that I would rather have a nice calm drive in any car than being thrown about all over the car and cra**ing meself everytime we go round a corner or roundabout, but what can you do when you are in the car for a family day out and the MAN is behind the wheel.
Old 19 April 2006, 03:03 PM
Mrs spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tiny01
P.S. Tiny will tell you, that I would rather have a nice calm drive in any car than being thrown about all over the car and cra**ing meself everytime we go round a corner or roundabout, but what can you do when you are in the car for a family day out and the MAN is behind the wheel.
When i have had a couple more driving days i will take Mr Spec C out ane make him CR4P himself (well i'll have a bloody good try anyway!!!)
Old 19 April 2006, 03:04 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs spec'c'57
Sorry to hear that aswell, but there are exceptions, although sometimes i do give Mr Spec C a slap cos he scares the CR4P out of me....

But i also know that letting him play on the car will make him a happier person when we spend time together....

But then i also enjoy my car and having fun in it aswell...

I hope it all works out for the best either way, my view is that everything happens for a reason
Ditto Lin

and good luck Tripple'O G

MRS ESC
Old 19 April 2006, 03:05 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

When i have had a couple more driving days i will take Mr Spec C out ane make him CR4P himself (well i'll have a bloody good try anyway!!!)

Nice one girl go for it..

MRS ESC
Old 19 April 2006, 03:05 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

what can you do when you are in the car for a family day out and the MAN is behind the wheel.
Old 19 April 2006, 03:07 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

When I get my own Scoob and Spend loads of money on it then we will see what is said lol

Love ya hun

MRS ESC
Old 19 April 2006, 03:08 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tripple'O G
Just come to a mutual decision with the mrs to break up as she doesn't like the way the car and my gyming comes first......

Whats the point

They like being run around in the car but as soon as you spend time fixing, tweaking or using it without them they get all ar5ey.
The thing some of them don't realise is it takes a lot of money to do this thing and because I choose to buy a new bumper, graphics, wheels etc and not buy them diamonds and rip off flowers from the local BP doesn't mean I don't care.....it just means your getting something for you money when you spend it on a car.......

Rant over..........gonna go cry in the toilets

Any relationship takes 50-50 input to get a balanced output. Whenever you get into something serious consessions have to be made on both sides. If you car takes up 80% of your funds and 80% of your time there is clearly an inbalance. At the end of the day it is only a car and I for one would much rather have a stable relationship than a piece of metal. If it means you have to sell you car temporarily then so be it - you can always go and buy it back cheaper in a few years time.

If you can't make the consession to sell or downgrade the spending on your car/hobbies then she obviousely isn't the woman for you. Don't waste your time or hers and walk away from it.

I've bought and sold cars on a number of occasions to please my other half. Material possessions are worth absolutely dick when compared to the love and affection a stable relationship will give.

Just my opinion on this type of thing ... NOT a rant.
Old 19 April 2006, 03:11 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
Any relationship takes 50-50 input to get a balanced output. Whenever you get into something serious consessions have to be made on both sides. If you car takes up 80% of your funds and 80% of your time there is clearly an inbalance. At the end of the day it is only a car and I for one would much rather have a stable relationship than a piece of metal. If it means you have to sell you car temporarily then so be it - you can always go and buy it back cheaper in a few years time.

If you can't make the consession to sell or downgrade the spending on your car/hobbies then she obviousely isn't the woman for you. Don't waste your time or hers and walk away from it.

I've bought and sold cars on a number of occasions to please my other half. Material possessions are worth absolutely dick when compared to the love and affection a stable relationship will give.

Bl**dy H*ll (IN SHOCK HANG ON A MO)

Well said Rob you have surprised me

MRS ESC
Old 19 April 2006, 03:13 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

It was obviousely not going to work out if she comes third in your list of priorities over the car and the gym.

Again NOT having a rant just making an observation
Old 19 April 2006, 03:14 PM
Mrs spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Not always the case, myself and Mr Spec C both have our toys and we have just bought a new house..... maybe it's more a case of you both being more suited and enjoying the same interests.... or may be look at it in a different that at least they are spending it some thing you can see than rather gambling it away or spending it on drugs......

but then this is just my view
Old 19 April 2006, 03:17 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

It was obviousely not going to work out if she comes third in your list of priorities over the car and the gym.

Again NOT having a rant just making an observation
But you both need to have seperate interests and sometimes they may take up more than 50% of the available time. I admit that I do quite a lot that takes me away from the wife (Italy for instance) but I couldn't be without her and she knows that (I hope).
Old 19 April 2006, 03:19 PM
Mrs spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

I think that from the posts so far it seems that different things work for different people, and that is what probably makes each relationship work and thats why you end up together...
Old 19 April 2006, 03:20 PM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

I understand what you are saying but surely (and maybe if I explain the situation a little more for a bit of background info it will help) after having to drive a fair way (30 mins of motorway) everytime to see her, always putting my hand in my pocket when we go out and constantly trying to please her......like you say there should be some give and take?

If we planned to meet up and she wanted to go see her friends I never complained and vise versa and just because I want to do something for me like train and keep the car i've ALWAYS wanted running, I should have to drop that to keep her happy?

I'm just trying to stick to the "plenty more fish in the sea" bit......maybe there is one out there who can put up with me
Old 19 April 2006, 03:20 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Corner
Old 19 April 2006, 03:21 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

bllx just missed
Old 19 April 2006, 03:22 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Had to get in quick before Nevetas turned up
Old 19 April 2006, 03:24 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

I think that from the posts so far it seems that different things work for different people, and that is what probably makes each relationship work and thats why you end up together...
Your very right there Lin.

I love going to the family stuff e.g the lodge and parties birthdays and stuff but not keen on the big shows such as Trax and Santa Pod.

MRS ESC
Old 19 April 2006, 03:25 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Hit the Nail on the Head Lin
Old 19 April 2006, 03:25 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

...or apart.

Spot on that
Old 19 April 2006, 03:28 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

I understand what you are saying but surely (and maybe if I explain the situation a little more for a bit of background info it will help) after having to drive a fair way (30 mins of motorway) everytime to see her, always putting my hand in my pocket when we go out and constantly trying to please her......like you say there should be some give and take?

If we planned to meet up and she wanted to go see her friends I never complained and vise versa and just because I want to do something for me like train and keep the car i've ALWAYS wanted running, I should have to drop that to keep her happy?

I'm just trying to stick to the "plenty more fish in the sea" bit......maybe there is one out there who can put up with me
The way you were talking "THE MRS" I thought you were Married. Not that that Matters,

But the ladies that have posted on here are either married or living with their SCOOBY NUTTER.

MRS ESC
Old 19 April 2006, 03:29 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber
But you both need to have seperate interests and sometimes they may take up more than 50% of the available time. I admit that I do quite a lot that takes me away from the wife (Italy for instance) but I couldn't be without her and she knows that (I hope).

All I know is that if I meet somebody that I want to have a stable relationship with (very very rare) then they come first over and above everything. If I can't afford to play cars and have nice holidays or weekends away with her then cars go!!!! When I can afford to do both then I'll go back and buy another car.

Yeh each side needs to have their hobbies and interests that they can go off and do but again there needs to be a fair split and consessions where there needs to be consessions on both sides.

A lot of guys bang on about the fact that their ideal women have to have this and have to like that but for me I have no ideal woman. You meet someone, you start seeing them, feelings develop it goes on. They may not like some of the stuff you do and you may not like some of the stuff they do ... unless you agree to put up and shut up then stuff needs to get dropped.

A girl I saw for a very long time was an unemployed artist. She had nothing and liked nothing that I was passionate about. But for me she had a personality which really appealed to me and I dropped a lot of things that I liked doing in order to balance things up. Only reason I'm not with her now is because she moved back home to the states. Only time i've ever been gutted by something like that happening.
Old 19 April 2006, 03:31 PM
Mrs spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Your very right there Lin.

I love going to the family stuff e.g the lodge and parties birthdays and stuff but not keen on the big shows such as Trax and Santa Pod.

MRS ESC
Even though i like my cars, i still don't go to some events cos i know that it is a 'MAN'S' day and he would enjoy it more with out me being there, but that is cool with me as i never have enough hours in the day as it is....

At the end of the day no one is perfect and if they were i reckon they would be boring...but for me to have some one that can make me laugh when i am mad or just spending any amount of time with him with out wanting to kill him makes me him and then there's the added bonus that i think he is gorgous....i will shut up there before he glues my fingers together so i can't type anymore!!! lol
Old 19 April 2006, 03:34 PM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

We were about to do the whole moving in thing and I was all prepared for it thinking that would sort out the little issues......but she just came out of the blue and said it drives her mad the way I spend time on the car and down the gym plus that she didn't want it to get further down the line and be bitter about it........now it just feels like wasted time.....

anyway thanks for the advice
Old 19 April 2006, 03:35 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

pmsl at the glued fingers