Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

JAE Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2005, 12:21 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JAE Feedback

The organisers have asked for feed back on the event

Can you please post here likes / dislikes of the weekend and any ideas of improvements

This can be Club related or JAE related
Old 29 July 2005, 12:23 PM
Lady Fozz
Scooby Regular

thought the whole event was well organised and run very smoothly.

As a women though I am more likely to moan about the facilites!! The showers needed a bloody good clean!!!
Old 29 July 2005, 12:35 PM
spally
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lady Fozz
thought the whole event was well organised and run very smoothly.

As a women though I am more likely to moan about the facilites!! The showers needed a bloody good clean!!!

have to agree with Lady Fozz, the whole weekend was superb, however the bogs and showers needed a bloody good clean...even if they did it on the Saturday morning would have made a difference.
Old 29 July 2005, 12:49 PM
scoobytoo
Scooby Regular

bins around the site would of helped too, more live entertaiment in the arena, unless i missed it all.
Old 29 July 2005, 01:14 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

the flaming at nitetime......
Old 29 July 2005, 01:20 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

The showers were a nightmare, the gate to the nearest block was locked so it was a long walk to them, so used the disabled shower instead, as previously said, would of been nicer if the toilets were cleaned more often.

Apart from that, was a top weekend
Old 29 July 2005, 02:47 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same as above really.

1. Cleaner toilets.

2. More showers (and cleaner) and easier access to them. At silverstone they use portakabin type showers (2 showers per small cabin) are much nicer than what was at JAE.

3. Site was very dusty, nightmare for show & shiners (Not sure anything can be done about this but just an observation)

4. Extend the 10.30 curfew (even though it wasn't enforced particularly well )
Old 29 July 2005, 02:49 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Location: Loving the ESC FAMILY thing. F*CK the TROUBLE MAKERS :D

Agree with the above.

Have bad foot at mo and the walk miles to the showers on both days because the gates were locked was a joke. By the time I got to there and back, I needed a double vodka and coke to take the pain away.

Also the lack of loo rolls in the loo on Friday/saturday, glad I took my own rolls with me.

Would be nice to see Dog Litter bins around for the gits that left DOG C**P on the camp site. Didnt notice this untill I packed the tent away and found it SQAUSHED under the tent. and had to try and wash it off with a wetwipe. Good job the kids didnt step any as some were running aroun with no shoes on.

Compared to Billing not very well kept IMO. Dont know about anyone else but only saw 1 lady cleaner and that was Sunday morning at the showers as somebody had stuck loo roll in the plug hole and left the taps running, totally flooded the place. At Billing Ladies on the door most of the time and topping up with anything we needed.

But still had a cracking time with everyone, cant wait till next year.

Sorry Phil but there you go, maybe better next time.

Mrs ESC

Mrs ESC
Old 29 July 2005, 03:14 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs ESC
Agree with the above.

Have bad foot at mo and the walk miles to the showers on both days because the gates were locked was a joke. By the time I got to there and back, I needed a double vodka and coke to take the pain away.

Also the lack of loo rolls in the loo on Friday/saturday, glad I took my own rolls with me.

Would be nice to see Dog Litter bins around for the gits that left DOG C**P on the camp site. Didnt notice this untill I packed the tent away and found it SQAUSHED under the tent. and had to try and wash it off with a wetwipe. Good job the kids didnt step any as some were running aroun with no shoes on.

Compared to Billing not very well kept IMO. Dont know about anyone else but only saw 1 lady cleaner and that was Sunday morning at the showers as somebody had stuck loo roll in the plug hole and left the taps running, totally flooded the place. At Billing Ladies on the door most of the time and topping up with anything we needed.

But still had a cracking time with everyone, cant wait till next year.

Sorry Phil but there you go, maybe better next time.

Mrs ESC

Mrs ESC
I heard a few people reckoning it was more like Human ones lying around!!

Is no joke, when i was putting tent away, I saw one and I would lay money on it not being dog..

Anyway, cracking weekend, i think the toilets have been mentioned enough they where rank.

Maybe a speed restriction being imposed along the entry/exit road, as the amount of dust they kicked up was SO annoying

Just my 2p worth
Old 29 July 2005, 03:22 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

The negatives are pretty much echoed accross all the Japanese forums and on JAE Forums

So any other POSITIVES or NEGATIVES

With exception of

Toilet and Shower Facilities
Curfew's

Last edited by Phil; 29 July 2005 at 03:26 PM.
Old 29 July 2005, 09:59 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Let me add my bit then

JAE Organisers

1. If there were events going on in the main arena , The Pa Tannoy system , We could not hear , As we were stuck out of the way . Someone mentioned to me on Sunday had we entered for the TUG OF WAR !! Would of loved to , But was unaware of it bieng arranged

Perhaps next time , Set PA Up so everyone can hear ( All areas of showground ) Or even better , When you pay your £15 you get a table of events , With times , Location , Day that the event will be happening

2. Camping area , Surely this would of been put to better use , To put car clubs on , Then we camp on the area were our stand was .

3. Flame comp , Deff needed to be after dark

4. Trade stalls , Were stuck up the corner out of the way

5, Big wheelie bins on stands

6. Firworks Sat Night ( Sadly missed due to Noise levels )

SIDC

1. Catering , Sure this event has proved that it must be time to Sub out the catering , Pay someone to come in with Jacket potatoe , Type thingy , Or Hog roast , Curries , Spaggetti ~ Pasta's Etc .. Food was great this year , But everyone who helped out it was hard work , Let alone all the planning , Shopping , Transporting that went into the weekend in the 2~3 Weeks leading up to the event

2. Stand parking Show & Shine seemed to sort itself out ok , But the rest of the parking was like Tesco's !!
Think we need to have allocated parking attendants next time , As people enter they are directed to where they have to park .

IMHO !! SIDC ~ SCOOBYCITY ~ ESC Made the show what it was !!

Roll on next year
Old 29 July 2005, 10:12 PM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

i thought for a 1st time it was GREAT....
the showers & toilets were FANTASIC in the morning, come about 8pm they were looking like they had'nt been cleaned for a week, But that happens when people DRINK.

as for Bins i think a few more skips around would'nt have gone a miss..

to me Parking & camping was FINE.

SIDC- ESC- SCOOBYCITY, was the best place to be loved the d.j/food/ atmosphere/
I would say they ORGANISE it, (BUT they do everything else it would'nt be fair.)

AS TINY said maybe a better program, so every1 knows whats happening when....

BAZ
Old 29 July 2005, 10:17 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Oh & The Lack of Jo Public

Last year @ Billing the place was heaving with people looking over the cars , Sat pm Sun Am

But this year it seemed to be quite , Maybe as we were out of the way Hidden by the tents ??

Tiny...
Old 30 July 2005, 12:57 PM
kip
Scooby Regular

1, flame comp should have been done in the dark

2, needed to be more bins around

3, a speed limit on site was needed

4, more trade stand would have been good

5, not having our stand stuck out the way so no one new we were there

6, please hold it at billing again as that was so much better

but the weekend was great and i had so much fun with all the sidc and esc members

Last edited by kip; 30 July 2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 30 July 2005, 01:06 PM
SteveCMY97
Scooby Regular

Billing is a much better location IMO
Old 30 July 2005, 01:12 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Some good points

I think in hindsight our location was poor

When we reserved the area it was felt that we had the best area but hey we all learn
Old 30 July 2005, 02:30 PM
essexboy30
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_stephens
Some good points

I think in hindsight our location was poor

When we reserved the area it was felt that we had the best area but hey we all learn
As a humble visitor for the day, i thought the stand was great in the facilities you guys put on.... Ball pool for the kids, music etc.
I know you were stuck out the way, but it also alowed you to have fun (flame checks all day!! )

The sight facilities were a little dissapointing, especialy no programme of events!

Otherwise i though it was very good!
Old 30 July 2005, 07:54 PM
BigMikeyBoy
Scooby Regular

I will add my thoughts:

Went to Billing last year and thought the overall atmosphere around the site was better. There just didnt seem to be the buzz around the showground at peterborough. This may have been due to the lack of jo public.
Trade stands were not to expectation, could have done with more car accessory stands and less shoe and kite stalls!
PA system was pants.
We were too close to the entry road, all of us were dusting our cars every half hour!
Show and shine shouldnt have been done in the arena on a dusty track.
Flaming needed to be done at night ( that white MX 5 may have stood a chance then LOL )

Mikey
Old 30 July 2005, 10:54 PM
kevinjabeale
Scooby Regular

Agree with all the above, had a great weekend, everyone worked realy hard for us to have a great weekend, apart from the site cleaners.
Also have to add the lack of a cash point machine, most of the stalls were only taking cash, so if you had run out of money you had to drive down the road to the sevices.

Cheers
Kev
Old 31 July 2005, 12:16 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigMikeyBoy
We were too close to the entry road, all of us were dusting our cars every half hour!
Agreed , Just spent the last 2 Hours washing down the Club Marquees , They were bleedin filthy

Just drying them of in the sun now

Tiny...
Old 31 July 2005, 12:31 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Now thats dedication
Old 31 July 2005, 03:29 PM
Pete Warburton
Scooby Regular

Cool weekend. Good to of met u all. I have the same pionts as every1 else.

(Warby)
Old 01 August 2005, 10:01 AM
drdre
Scooby Newbie

Good meet with shame so many have lowered the scoobs persona with the number of stickered up scoobs and flamer kits (do you realise how much people were laughing at you ) please take stickers of your cars it was a novelty when there was just the likes of fulham - scooby now becoming modern day XR3i
Old 01 August 2005, 10:19 AM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drdre
Good meet with shame so many have lowered the scoobs persona with the number of stickered up scoobs and flamer kits (do you realise how much people were laughing at you ) please take stickers of your cars it was a novelty when there was just the likes of fulham - scooby now becoming modern day XR3i
You stick to your style of car and we will stick to ours. Life would be so BORING if we all had the same PLAIN cars.

Since when have you seen a XR3i with SUBARU RALLY GRAPHICS on it. Plz, we all need a bit of fun in our lives, sounds like you do too.

As for flames, JAE "BEST FLAME OUT 2005" TINY of the ESC

GO TINY< GO TINY< GO TINY.

Mrs ESC
Old 01 August 2005, 10:37 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I see the schools are on holiday again!

Why don't you go outside and play with the rest of your schools chums...if you have any!
Old 01 August 2005, 10:39 AM
scoobynut555
Scooby Regular

If you don't like the look then that is up to you, I for one think they look OK as for the flamers, well as I have taken part in numerous ESC convoys and meets the flames certainly bring a smile to my face just seeing a burst of flames ever now and then always makes me chuckle. As I said everyone is entitled to their opinions, maybe we should keep them to ourselves though rather than displaying on here for the world to see.
Old 01 August 2005, 10:42 AM
spally
Scooby Regular

just because we won the football 8-2!!!!!
Old 01 August 2005, 05:22 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

1 Post Charlie
Old 01 August 2005, 05:32 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

I've got no intentions of taking the stickers off my car, I had so many people complimenting my car and I quote "Totally different from everyone else, and looks bl00dy good", and the only reason I took my flamer off is I don't want to be put into Bett's situation!!

I'm especially not changing the looks of my car because some mincer who can't think of an original username says so
Old 01 August 2005, 05:38 PM
scoobytoo
Scooby Regular

time you went and bought that xr3i you speek about! i've got graphics on mine and i had an endless amount of people compliment it. i haven't heard any one dislike it yet. each to their own.

Quick Reply: JAE Feedback