Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2012, 09:20 AM
Scoobaru_85
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any thoughts?

I have a 1994 Impreza WRX Turbo import. It has a high flow exhaust system. Tubular stainless manifold, decat down pipe and straight thru' back system. It also has an enlarged aluminium radiator and an Apexi induction kit witha green cotton filter. Also has a forged dump-recirc valve.

Its has had a full service (fluids & filters) and is in very good working order.

I have been having a problem with the boost system. It keeps hitting the fuel cut at 15 psi. I have replaced all the vac pipes incase it was a split or damaged hose. That wasnt the case and could have been the boost solenoid even after its been cleaned and tested. So I have bypassed the solenoid completely by connecting the turbo outlet straight to the actuator.

This helps the car to run alot smoother but the actuator is staying closed untill it hits fuel cut. The actuator is in full working order and has been tested and cleaned. So has the waste gate.

I've been told its due to the lack of back pressure in my exhaust system and that I need either a down pipe with a cat to replace my decat down pipe or some baffles in my rear exhaust. But the car was doing this when it had a fully standard exhaust system on it.

The other suggestion was to chip my car with system that isnt a full race system but more of a mild version. Since I dont know if my internals are forged. This is to raise the fuel cut and increase performance.

Has anyone else came accross this? And if so what did you do?

I dont want to kill my ar with pressure or run the car to death with heat soak.

Any help is appreciated