Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Who maps in my area?? Skegness Lincs..

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2012, 08:12 AM
ragaz
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who maps in my area?? Skegness Lincs..

Hi all nearly finished building my 95wrx ra and looking for someone who will be willing to come out to me and supply, fit and map an esl daughterboard any ideas please?? i was thinking i should book early as it will drive me mad if i get the car finished then have to wait a month or so for a mapper! I live in skegness and it seems like the edge of the world for getting bits done ! my car specs are: forged cdb, sti v4 heads, front mount intercooler, top feed 550cc injector conversion, blitz nur spec exhaust, standard td05 turbo,walbro pump etc.. thanks in advance for any help ..
Old 22 October 2012, 09:07 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Simon jgm ( jolley green monster )

Bob Rawle

Andy forrest

Just to name a few, all down to preference really fella
Old 22 October 2012, 10:20 AM
ragaz
Scooby Newbie

thanks matey didnt think they would travel this far! Thought andy forrest was based in scotland?? Do you have any numbers for them and which would u choose ? I know thats a big question ive heard of all of them through scoobynet and never heard a bad thing about one!
Old 22 October 2012, 02:58 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Yes fella i believe they all travel amongst others who also offer their services on a mobile basis, its hard to say who to use imo, as they are all excellent at what they do, jgm is all over the country so should not be a problem as is bob and Andy F, but i would try to stick with a "known" mapper than someone who will just rock up with their laptop and flash a map on there as there are a few about and its never gonna end happy imo

My current car is mapped by jgm (by the previous owner) and pulls like a missile, i have also used Bob Rawle and to be honest i would use either, Andy F is a little too far for me to travel should i need something changed but would certainly not have any issues using him thats for sure

There are plenty of others if you can travel with the car on a trailer or something to the rr or a track, if it was me i would look to see who was nearest me purposely just incase you need to call on them at a drop of a hat so to speak

Who ever you choose im sure you wont be disappointed

All contacts details can be found in the traders contact area, i have provided a link but not sure if it will work as im on the mobile

www.scoobynet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=426
Old 22 October 2012, 05:17 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am up that way fairly often and have been known to do one or two ESL's Love them and they work great on your year of car with twin maps, mafless (if wanted) and all the std subaru niceties/essentials like code reading, knock control, idle and cold start ...
Old 22 October 2012, 06:01 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

There we go another another man good at his job

See what i mean spoilt for choice lol
Old 22 October 2012, 08:12 PM
ragaz
Scooby Newbie

thankyou both for the advice duncan i have actually met you a couple of years ago at donnington, i remember talking to you then and you were really helpful and had a nice way of "dumbing " it down for me lol.. im hoping to have the car finished in the next few weeks. I am hoping the car to be 320bhp + if possible are there any more mods you could think i may need to reach that before youd come out?? Thanks gaz..
Old 01 November 2012, 08:41 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ahah

If possible try and ensure the coilpacks and plugs (ngk pfr7b ideally) are in great condition as these are a common fault. Ideally doing a newage coilpack conversion IMO as it will give the strongest spark and best chance of making power.

Also worth getting hold of a later MAP sensor from a version 3-6 as it will give us more capability to run more boost. I carry these around with me and can fit at the time of mapping.

Should hit your target no probs