Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Help needed JDM prodrive sti uk engine

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2024, 07:55 PM
aceifty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed JDM prodrive sti uk engine

Looking for some advice, I’ve bought myself a bugeye prodrive JDM Sti Shell. At the moment I’ll be using the 6speed with the wrx engine that I have. The wrx engine has sti bits on it.
Will I be able to put in my engine with my ecu to get the car running again.
Old 04 March 2024, 09:13 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

is the wrx engine from a classic or from a similar year of car? if its a similar year (bug/blog uk or jdm or even a jdm hawk) then yes you can use it with your ecu to run the engine. just remember to have the map adjusted as sti parts on a wrx engine doesn't make it an sti engine inside.
Old 04 March 2024, 11:38 PM
Linksfahrer
Scooby Regular

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by aceifty
Looking for some advice, I’ve bought myself a bugeye prodrive JDM Sti Shell. At the moment I’ll be using the 6speed with the wrx engine that I have. The wrx engine has sti bits on it.
Will I be able to put in my engine with my ecu to get the car running again.
Assuming you have a Sti cable tree / Ecu with which you could later hook up the Sti variable valve timing AVCS, you don’t have too (can’t) hook the leads up on the WRX engine. All that happens is the best torque performance is unavailable. I assume the remapping will make the best of what sti kit is left.

Once using AVCS heads the EJ207 makes sense to have as you can easily spec over 400 bhp even on a 2.0ltr , that’s going to blow the EJ205

For piece of mind I went from the WRX EJ205 block to new forged piston/rods in EJ207 already with a SC36 turbo.

If you are still using the EJ205 mated to the 6MT and even if you already have bought a bigger turbo ( aka Vf37 / SC38 SC42 / MDX321T / T36 etc ) then just ask the mapper to hold the boost down for the EJ205 they don’t hold long over 350bhp.

Old 05 March 2024, 09:34 AM
aceifty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have said from start. The ej205 that I’m using at the moment is from a 2001 bug wrx, which has had the tgv delet, bigger turbo etc and mapped. For the time being I want to use this engine in the 2002 bug jdm sti shell. I will be using the ej205 engine loom with the original jdm shell loom. I do have the option to use the jdm sti ecu or the uk wrx ecu which is mapped for me engine but am leaning towards the jdm ecu

plans are to have avcs forged engine in near future.