Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Temp goes to the top 3/4 line but doesn't over heat

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2023, 12:43 AM
Scoobj
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp goes to the top 3/4 line but doesn't over heat

Really need some help with this as I been at it for a month. I am definitely leaning towards it being head gasket or failing water pump but would like some other I put.

So I recently changed the cross over pipe due to a leak. This ain't the first time I replaced the coolant and burped it but this time around the car is refusing to work.

Filled coolant up through the turbo pipe until it wouldn't take anymore. Put my burping funnel on and Squeezed the top rad hose and bottom until no more air came out. Ran the with heaters on full and car jacked up, all the usual stuff.

I have replaced the radiator to a japspeed one along with new subaru rad cap expansion tank cap and even replaced the thermostat and temp sensor even after doing all of this the car temp still rises BUT will only go to the 3/4 line above normal temps. When the fans kick in the temps drop back down and never go to red even if I sit there revving the *****. When driving the car the temps are normal but can rise when at the lights so yeah please help 😂

I sorry if this is hard to understand but I hope somebody will be able to help.

Last edited by Scoobj; 25 July 2023 at 05:08 AM.