Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Rewire obd2 port and fuse box.

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2022, 08:22 PM
EddieNoNo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rewire obd2 port and fuse box.

1999 2.2l subaru impreza 4 door. No location for fog lights on old bumper, upgraded to aftermarket bumper with fog light port. Dont know how to wire them into the harness at all. The ecm won't read wether its in on position or if the car is running. Ordered different ecm waiting on it to arrive. I don't even know if there's a problem with the old ecm because I don't know how to test it. But the vehicle runs well last time I drove it, no issues you could drive it by just feelin the engine and shift patterns. Thank you in advance for help.
Old 25 October 2022, 09:05 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieNoNo
1999 2.2l subaru impreza 4 door. No location for fog lights on old bumper, upgraded to aftermarket bumper with fog light port. Dont know how to wire them into the harness at all. The ecm won't read wether its in on position or if the car is running. Ordered different ecm waiting on it to arrive. I don't even know if there's a problem with the old ecm because I don't know how to test it. But the vehicle runs well last time I drove it, no issues you could drive it by just feelin the engine and shift patterns. Thank you in advance for help.
And ?
Old 26 October 2022, 08:08 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Assume you are from the US of A, possibly Lebanon PA ?? (from your location zip code??)
You should find the fog light wiring info section for a late US classic in the attached wiring diagram pdf (about page 44)
It also includes wiring diagrams for ECM andTCM
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Wiring Diagram.pdf (2.25 MB, 0 views)