Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

No spark

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2022, 06:30 PM
Dean99
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark

Hi, I have a 2000uk turbo subaru impreza. It started running quite rich and the throttle body stinks of petrol so I changed the spark plugs, assuming it wasn't firing properly and it ran a bit better. But then about 2 weeks after I came to start my car and it wouldn't start, found out it wasn't sparking. So I bought a new coilpack but it made no difference. I took out all the spark plugs one at the time to see if they were sparking and they wouldnt but number 4 did and the car started but when I put it back together it wouldn't start again. It has been converted to a front mount intercooler set up and so to get to that side of the spark plugs, I had to take off the pipe going from the back of the throttle body down to the intercooler and found out it started when it was off, a few times but now it's back to not starting again. Could it b an earthing problem?