Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Cobb ecu- questions about 550cc Injectors & VF35 turbo? Also alternate recommends ?

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2019, 03:45 PM
anthonymcgrath
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cobb ecu- questions about 550cc Injectors & VF35 turbo? Also alternate recommends ?

Hi chaps so I'm doing my homework and a friend recommended Cobb access port ecu

I'm just wondering if anyone has got one running? I'm personally a fan of standalone ecu and a remap.. I usually run a link G4 with no afm and a mac boost solenoid making the ecu deal with everything. Not cheap but it's made 3 of my GTR's in the past run sweet. So my assumption is it'll do great on a Subaru.
But I wanted to get thoughts on Cobb and also.. is there functions for running 550cc pink injectors (Sti injectors?) And a VF35 turbo which my car has on it at present. It's not making massive power.. about 280 but I'm told that's good for the gearbox anyway lol.

I've got a fair whack of work to do.. basically my engine is duff.. piston rings are shot I think.. so it's coming out and getting a work over. Going for some forged pistons and rods (recommendations welcome) and a bunch of new bits like head gasket new silicon lines,water pump, cam belt etc etc.. might as well do if once and do it right.

So any thoughts much appreciated guys including alternate suggestions to Cobb?

Finally.. I'm told that the stock ecu us tunable.. can anyone tell me how that is obtained? E.g. what software?

Ta everyone!
Ant
Old 19 August 2019, 10:13 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

if your on a UK car then cobb out of the box won't work - opensource or ECUTek is the way forward. Depending on what year your car is there are different options available, ECUTek racerom is a fairly decent option on the drive by wire cars and with speed density support will run most setups without issue.

If you want to go a bit more then link/syvecs/simtek etc. would all be available to you depending on your car/specific requirements/budget etc.
The following users liked this post:
Old 19 August 2019, 06:21 PM
anthonymcgrath
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bludgod
if your on a UK car then cobb out of the box won't work - opensource or ECUTek is the way forward. Depending on what year your car is there are different options available, ECUTek racerom is a fairly decent option on the drive by wire cars and with speed density support will run most setups without issue.

If you want to go a bit more then link/syvecs/simtek etc. would all be available to you depending on your car/specific requirements/budget etc.
Thanks that's a boner that it doesn't work with uk spec dammit haha.
What's open-source then?

I will likely go link ecu tbh as I've run that a few times and they just do their job heh