Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Complete rebuild recommendations !

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2018, 04:08 PM
Treebo88
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete rebuild recommendations !

Ok so as on prev question i posted about a possible tensioner failure, but unfortunately for me and my bank account it seems the issue is much worse than we thought, Untill i get the engine out and on a stand to strip down i cant confirm how bad the damage is... but what id like to ask is recommendations for parts and suppliers for bits and bobs to rebuild, i would like to rebuild it from the ground up with maybe some uprated parts depending on funds at the time however this isnt a quick job to get it back on the road, id like too spend up too 6 months rebuilding so im in no rush to do this its purely on my bucket list to rebuild an engine so why not :-) if it keeps another subie on the road my mission will be successful lol

Any advice with this will be greatly appreciated, ill keep this thread updated with my progress and issues/questions if thats ok with you guys, i'm also hoping to document it all from a newbies point of view and show any problems or hard issues i come across to help others new to this as to do's and don'ts as i go as im sure there will be plenty of mistakes made lol.

Thanks