Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Help fitting fuelab fpr

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2016, 11:18 AM
Chris_t
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help fitting fuelab fpr

Hi can someone point me in the right direction on fitting a fuelab fpr to standard rails on a 95 impreza Wrx
Cheers in advance
Old 24 August 2016, 02:25 PM
Josh@FUELAB
Scooby Newbie

I'm not familiar with the stock rails on that car, but if they're a deadhead setup (meaning there's only an "in" and no "out") and you're wanting a return style system, your best bet would be to use the 51502 or 53501. Both of those regulators are dual inlet, but can be configured as an inlet, outlet, and return. Send fuel into one side of the regulator and out the other side to the rail(s). The fitting on the bottom of the regulator would be your return fuel back to the tank.

If the rails are set up for a return style system (Inlets and outlets), I would prefer to see the regulator after the rails. Using one of the same part numbers I mentioned above, I would feed fuel up to the engine and use a "Y" block to feed both rails and then come out of each rail to each of the two inlets on the regulator. Once again, the bottom fitting would be the return port.
Old 11 September 2016, 09:58 PM
jody0702
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris_t
Hi can someone point me in the right direction on fitting a fuelab fpr to standard rails on a 95 impreza Wrx
Cheers in advance
Hi, the fuelab has 3 ports normally but for ease you only need run 2 and have the other blanked. If you don't already have the fuel rail adaptor to replace your original reg then you'll need to get one, it's a bit fiddly to fit, easier if things are out the way! Then a hose from that to the side of the reg and a return hose on bottom of reg to original return near the fuel filter. The rail adaptor goes on the end of the rear drivers side rail and the reg then sits in the return line basically. You'll also have to run the thin vacuum pipe pipe from original reg to the fuelab. Plenty of pics if you search.
Old 11 September 2016, 10:02 PM
jody0702
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jody0702
Hi, the fuelab has 3 ports normally but for ease you only need run 2 and have the other blanked. If you don't already have the fuel rail adaptor to replace your original reg then you'll need to get one, it's a bit fiddly to fit, easier if things are out the way! Then a hose from that to the side of the reg and a return hose on bottom of reg to original return near the fuel filter. The rail adaptor goes on the end of the rear drivers side rail and the reg then sits in the return line basically. You'll also have to run the thin vacuum pipe pipe from original reg to the fuelab. Plenty of pics if you search.
Just try and route the lines away from turbo for obvious reasons