Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Sti, stuck TGV, anyone in Herts/Cambs/Essex?

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2015, 01:16 AM
itpro
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sti, stuck TGV, anyone in Herts/Cambs/Essex?

Hi Guys

I have a Spec D 2006 Impreza with an engine management light. My Subaru dealership checked the management system and it's a 'stuck/sticking' TGV. It makes the car 'moody' (i.e., sometimes it's quick but can misfire and others, it's plain silly quick!). I want to replace the TGV with a Deleted TGV but my dealer has no experience in doing this. So, is there anyone near me who is good at this job that you can recommend? I am in the North East corner of Herts, very close to the Essex and Cambridge border. I am close to Beds and Northants is ok, too. I can go to London if required. I'd prefer as near as possible, of course. Any recommendations for a good company to do the job?

Thanks in advance

Ian
Old 26 August 2015, 06:54 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you could try Subbus mobile mechanic, 07880 0661866, Su.bus@hotmail.com
I'm not sure how reliable those contact details are but he is good.
Also Paul Finch who is in Northampton, Finchmotorsport, contact details on his website.
He sometimes has slots for smaller jobs in between his engine building but I know he can be very busy toward the end of the racing season.
Trev