Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Any guru's? Apexi PFC & NOS

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2014, 10:35 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any guru's? Apexi PFC & NOS

Hello,

I saw lots of posts saying that Apexi Power Fc can handle nos. Now question is, can Apexi actually work as a progressive nos feed with some clever wiring and map? Don't want to spend 300 extra on that controller alone.

Looking to get my setup changed:

EJ20 rebuilt in june
Running on VF28
yellow's
3" complete exhaust
SWRD Fuel pump and few other stuff.Not dynoed yet. and I am happy anyway with power which mapper estimated it at about 320.

Plan is to downgrade my current map, to something like only 280-300 bhp and add a 50 bhp or so progressive nos.

Reasons:

1. Daily commuting car. Don't need high consumption.
2. 1 bottle should last me quite a while this way because I don't always drive flat out.

Thank you.
Old 26 December 2014, 07:41 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

bump ! ?
Old 04 January 2015, 12:13 AM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

As far as I know it doesn't nitrous control. If you add the nitrous at 50 bhp on a turbo engine you'll probably end up with more like extra 75 bhp and 75 lbft of torque.
Old 04 January 2015, 12:31 AM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigdal
As far as I know it doesn't nitrous control. If you add the nitrous at 50 bhp on a turbo engine you'll probably end up with more like extra 75 bhp and 75 lbft of torque.
Yes you are right about the extra bhp.

Still I haven't found any info on progressive nos control however Power FC manual say's it does it. There is not other info on it than "look in to the datalogit software".

I`ll run wet shots, meaning I will have fuel and nos mixture will be controlled by the jets. And I also found out that under and up to 75 bhp there is no real need for a progressive nos controller, meaning I could pretty much put it on any car.

It just bugs me as there is not enough info out there, and people who know about it, kinda keep it for theirself.

And other breed of people are trying to sell me their ECU and ROM's which I strongly disagree with... (i know is **** and outdated, but i want it because I always wanted it, and people should understand this)
Old 04 January 2015, 02:05 PM
bigdal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gaborpapp
Yes you are right about the extra bhp.

Still I haven't found any info on progressive nos control however Power FC manual say's it does it. There is not other info on it than "look in to the datalogit software".

I`ll run wet shots, meaning I will have fuel and nos mixture will be controlled by the jets. And I also found out that under and up to 75 bhp there is no real need for a progressive nos controller, meaning I could pretty much put it on any car.

It just bugs me as there is not enough info out there, and people who know about it, kinda keep it for theirself.

And other breed of people are trying to sell me their ECU and ROM's which I strongly disagree with... (i know is **** and outdated, but i want it because I always wanted it, and people should understand this)
You'll find the info if you phone tuners who deal with apexi, you might even find that wizards of nos will know (I would only use there kits and always a wet system) .

If you don't think you need a progressive controller then you just run it you don't need the apexi to do anything.