Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

can anybody shed a bit of light on my problem????

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2014, 06:57 PM
deliverydriver69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anybody shed a bit of light on my problem????

Hi guys I need help really bad!!!! I have a wrx sti on an 04 plate I brought my mates turbo of him which was built by Andy Williams motorsports let's just say there was problems with the turbo after it was first remapped then I took it to duncan for the second remap and he told me that there was something wrong with it so the turbo came off Andy Williams rebuilt cos the bearings were shoot on it, my manhic refitted it Saturday and took it out just down the road and in his words it flow down the road, he left it ticking over just to check things over then it stalled, engine management light came on and when scanned it it was the idle value control fault, he cleared it and started Car up again, car was running lumpy and the same fault came up again but cleared the fault again and car is running fine but the car ain't boosting the turbo is working fine but not spooling up/boosting can anybody help? Regards Ian thanxs for any advice in advance
Old 17 November 2014, 07:02 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deliverydriver69
Hi guys I need help really bad!!!! I have a wrx sti on an 04 plate I brought my mates turbo of him which was built by Andy Williams motorsports let's just say there was problems with the turbo after it was first remapped then I took it to duncan for the second remap and he told me that there was something wrong with it so the turbo came off Andy Williams rebuilt cos the bearings were shoot on it, my manhic refitted it Saturday and took it out just down the road and in his words it flow down the road, he left it ticking over just to check things over then it stalled, engine management light came on and when scanned it it was the idle value control fault, he cleared it and started Car up again, car was running lumpy and the same fault came up again but cleared the fault again and car is running fine but the car ain't boosting the turbo is working fine but not spooling up/boosting can anybody help? Regards Ian thanxs for any advice in advance
how is the turbo working fine if its not spooling up or making boost??
id suggest you ask your mechanic as you are paying him to fix the issues
Old 17 November 2014, 10:34 PM
deliverydriver69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
how is the turbo working fine if its not spooling up or making boost??
id suggest you ask your mechanic as you are paying him to fix the issues
Well its working fella but not right as its not spooling up and he can't understand why it ain't, and I thought I would ask on here in case someone mite of had the same problem thats all