Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

First place to start on an STI Blobeye

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2014, 09:28 AM
scholesy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First place to start on an STI Blobeye

Good Morning!

I'm looking at starting to tune my blobeye STI, it's standard other than an aftermarket exhaust, which I can't identify, although it looks good quality to my eye, shall post a photo of it when it's next on the ramp.

What can I start to do to prep towards getting a remap next year? Is there any exhaust component, air filter or fuel pump bits I can get bolted on before the remap to spread the cost a bit? I'm aware some exhaust components cause boost spikes and other problems so I'm keen to avoid that, but if there is anything safe I can do before the remap that would be great.

Cheers in advance.
Old 15 October 2014, 09:51 AM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can change the panel filter for an aftermarket one without a remap. It a dangerous game though changing other parts without being remapped. Some say you need a map tweek even if you change a lightbulb on impreza's just to be on the safe side :-)

If it was me I would save and buy all the bits you need in one go, our you could address other parts like suspension and brakes to make you quicker. Somebody said once power is nothing without control!
Old 15 October 2014, 01:37 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Walbro fuel pump, uprated plugs, silicone intake hose or 200cel Sports cat will be safe enough to fit before a map but if need be leave it a week or so not months before mapping for them. It's not worth risking det or bore-wash.