Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Any tactrix owners near Winchester?

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2014, 10:31 PM
Blaize
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any tactrix owners near Winchester?

Hi guys, I am having no end of trouble getting my tactrix openport 2.0 to talk to my 2004 wrx. Beginning to wonder if it's the cable or the laptop. I wonder if anyone in or near Winchester has a setup that works so I can give it a try?
Old 01 August 2014, 11:43 AM
jimbob9875
Scooby Regular

Not near Winchester but what program are you trying to use to read the ecu ??
Old 01 August 2014, 02:17 PM
Blaize
Scooby Regular

I am using ecuflash and romraider. For the purposes of this conversation it is ecuflash we are talking about. I am using a 10 year old toughbook (bought for this job) running XP. WHen I try to connect to the car (white block plugged in, green jumpers connected) it gives me a pop up telling me "there was an error, see log for details". I have tried playing with the timing of turning the key on relative to when I press the write/read button in ecuflash to no avail. Ecuflash recognises the openport 2.0 is connected. the same message over and over. Read, write, test write, all the same result.

Now about 3 months ago when I first got the Openport I did manage to read the ROM off of the car but that time it was a pain, running into the same issue with the pop up. At that time I found a thread somewhere that I remember being the solution. Something to do (again) with the timing of the key vs button press. But I have spent 2 hours over the course of the last couple of nights trying every combination of timing I can think of and for the life of me I cannot find that old thread (not on this forum anyway I seem to member) that got me going last time.

I am going to try with my wifes much newer windows laptop tonight (I am all Mac so cant use any of my own other than the toughbook) and see if that makes any difference.

I would give up and assume it is locked at this point, but I have managed it once in the past so I know it can be done, and the tune I pulled off the car is totally unsafe so it needs to be done. (currently it detects knock and reverts to wastegate pressure the frist time it sees any boost so not much risk, but no power either)

If you have any ideas, I am all ears.
Old 02 August 2014, 10:15 PM
Blaize
Scooby Regular

NVM, tried it with my wife's windows 7 machine. Works every time now. anyone want to buy a Panasonic Toughbook?
Old 05 August 2014, 03:14 PM
corno
Scooby Regular

I found that I had that error sometimes, and to fix it I would just unplug and replug everything one by one, open and close software, turn pc off and on, hey presto