Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Forester xt stage 1 map -Need inputs

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2014, 06:49 PM
ErEl
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forester xt stage 1 map -Need inputs

Hi,

new here, first post.

I have recently purchased a 2005 forester XT for a family car, and I just cant keep my hands (or computer) of it (donte tell my wife).

Anyways, I could not find any stage1 maps for the EJ205 AVCS forester engine, so I figured I could make my own.

Sofar, this is what Ive done:
-OL fuel target to slightly leaner and higher load as its almost maxed out (used to target 10.0, now targets 10.88)
-zeroed the OL CL delay
-More boost at lower throttle to reduce the AT shifting
-Perrin air filter in stock box

Its not easy to get any extra power from this tiny turbo (not shure what its called). Max boost is seems to be about 12 PSI even at max dutycycle. Im not even looking into the wastegate adjustment, I dont see the point. Load hardly goes up at all with higher boost levels at all.

It also made the car knock alot easier, even with richer then 10.88:1 and less timing. It could very well be the turbo blowing very hot air, and it also seems the car is far more suspect to knock from heatsoaking then before.

Im done for today, but I think next step is to increase the WGDC at low RPMs and low throttle position to increase throttle response and bottom end power. Ill leave the boost level almost as stock since the car did not respond well to higher boost. Id rather run lower boost and "leaner" AFR, then to go to 10:1 just to get that extra pund of boost at high RPM.

Ill also need to work more on AVCS. So far, 20* in the low / midrange seems to decrease load a bit, but Ill need to do some more testing.

Anyways, if anyone has a working stage1 map and would like to share, or has some inputs or experience with the boost level of the tiny stock turbo or AVCS tuning, I would love to hear it!