Excedy organic clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2013, 07:23 PM
Reshard1977
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excedy organic clutch problems

Hi all,
I had a Exedy Uprated Organic Racing Clutch Kit - Pink Box - Anti-Judder - 5 Speed fitted at the same time as having my flywheel skimmed (the machine shop also said they lightened it by 500gram, odd i know! I asked them to reduce it by 2-3kg)

I got the car back, and originally it didn't want to go into 1st, after a couple of miles (off boost, car is not mapped yet) it now goes into 1st. But, its not smooth at all!! and going from 1st to 2nd is REALLY rough, and the car shakes! moving down gears gives a bit of jolt too!

Any ideas? The mechanic is going to have a look, and said he suspects something to do with the fork or flywheel not been skimmed correctly?

At the same time as doing the clutch, i had a cdf engine pitch put in, with 3 Group N engine and gearbox mounts.

Here are some pics, let me know if you can spot anything, please.

Old 02 September 2013, 08:43 PM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

firstly there is very little material you can safely remove from the new-age 5 or 6spd flywheels because of their design..............

was it definately an "H1" plate as the original uprated plates are still available (we only supply the H1 spec kits)

looking at your flywheel pic it seems the face has been skimmed but you would need to check the centre face height isn't too close (depending on how much material was removed)
Old 02 September 2013, 10:22 PM
Reshard1977
Scooby Regular

Hi, cheers for your feedback. I'm certain the clutch kit is the right kit, I bought it new from one of the big traders on here, and triple checked it with them.

Do you think 500grams off the face is enough to cause me these problems?

This is such a pain, once this is sorted I can book a remap in, then it's happy days!
Old 04 September 2013, 06:51 PM
Reshard1977
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AS Performance
firstly there is very little material you can safely remove from the new-age 5 or 6spd flywheels because of their design..............

was it definately an "H1" plate as the original uprated plates are still available (we only supply the H1 spec kits)

looking at your flywheel pic it seems the face has been skimmed but you would need to check the centre face height isn't too close (depending on how much material was removed)

Hi, was REALLY good speaking to you earlier. Thanks for all the info.

The mechanic can swap my gear linkage over in 2 weeks, so i'll call you to put the order in tomorrow

He also had the box for the clutch, and the product code is FK01H1601 so this is the new version right?

Speak to you tomorrow buddy! :-)
Old 04 September 2013, 08:46 PM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

yes the H1 is the newer plate option / "anti-judder"