Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Your experiense whit ECUTEK tek2.

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2002, 10:11 AM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I have a Subaru 2.0 GT AWD (WRX in your contrie) from 2000 and I am thinking has you know (in other posts) to upgrade my ECU and some of you (thank you for your answers) tell me that I sold fit a ECUTEK tek2. I live in Portugal and I would like to know what do you think of it and I like to ear too your experiense whit this system.
If I fit this part I will fit too a SS exhaust (de-cated), APS coold air intake system, APS top-monted, samco-sport pipes (all), dump-valve, oil cooler and now the ECU.
What do you think of whit? My car is a work car whit this mods it stay reliable (it have to be). What can I expect form all this parts?

Thank you.
PS: what the diference of the tek 1 and tek 2
Old 21 May 2002, 10:28 AM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tek 1 is a suitable replacement for 2000 cars in which the 1999 ECU code is put in - this runs leaner and more ignition timing. In Tek 1 there is a tiny bit extra too.

Tek 2 is a performance upgrade running more boost and more timing again, and the gains are greater.

My main worry in Portugal is the quality of your fuel - is this an issue?

see the www.ecutek.co.uk site for details on Tek 1/2/3.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:37 AM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

I put Sheel 98ron.

What do you think.
Old 21 May 2002, 12:31 PM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

I've got a tek 2 on my car and think it is much better than before. Much better pull all through the rev range.

AFAIK the map is designed for 97RON fuel, so as long as you can get good SUL, you should be alright.

Well worth the money IMHO. PS I am running almost an identical car to yours
Matt
Old 21 May 2002, 12:54 PM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Wink

Matt, I bet yours has more stone chips than his
Old 21 May 2002, 12:58 PM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

Question

You have any knock detect device.
You think that your car is reliable. You have all this parts fitted since when. How much miles. Most importat for me is reliable, I want to have a little more power and torque but I can have any trouble.
And the performance, you already done a dyno?
Tell me every thing.
Old 21 May 2002, 01:00 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

ScoobyWhite,

I have the APS induction kit on my car, a MY00 with the AE 782 Green ECU, 5Zigen 70mm(2 3/4 inch) exhaust, made up of a catless mid section and backbox, a Blitz DSBC boost controller, a fuel cut defender and a Blitz blow off valve. I also have the Delta Dash.

I have done some tests with the Delta Dash and my mixtures are more lean than other cars. My lambda sensor readings are 0.87 Volts and most cars with the same ECU as mine have 0.92/0.94 Volts lamda readings. Although 0.87 volts is not lean, it's right on the border line. I changed my MAF thinking it was faulty, but my new MAF gives the same readings again.

I wrote this because maybe the APS induction kit is causing my car to run leaner than others. I still have to do some more tests to find out what the problem is, but I have to wait for my laptop computer to come back from service. It could be that this new MAF is a faulty one again, because sometimes brand new items can be faulty, but it could also be the APS induction kit.

Now with the TEK 2, I'm not sure, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it could have a slightly leaner map than the AE 782 MY00 green ECU. If that is the case then the lambda voltages would be even less than on my car. This is only if the APS is the cause of the leaner running.

I think that if you go for the Tek 2 with the APS kit that you should get the Delta Dash to monitor the mixture.

I know you can go for a Tek 3 and I could go for this, but I can't get to PE to map my car and I don't think anyone here in Greece could do it. I don't know if this is possible, but maybe PE can have a look at logs from Delta Dash and they could map an ECU without having the car.

Best to speak to EcuTek and see what they say. Tell them yor mods and see what they say. The Tek 3 isn't much more expensive than a Tek 2.

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 21 May 2002, 01:12 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Is your area nice to visit for a holiday

[Edited by john banks - 5/21/2002 1:13:13 PM]
Old 21 May 2002, 01:20 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

The best! It has everything. It has all of the holiday variety to choose from. When are you coming?
Old 21 May 2002, 01:23 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Where are you in Greece? Mail me off line sorry to drag off topic.
Old 21 May 2002, 01:51 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

John,

YHM.
Old 21 May 2002, 03:19 PM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

So you are telling me that the APS cold air intake sistem is no god. If I sould not fit this part what other part sould I use?
Old 21 May 2002, 07:42 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

I'm not saying it's no good. In my opinion I reckon it is the best. I found it made a big difference. Lot's more power. One of my friends had one on his car and he made around 12 extra hp on a RR dyno. On the road it should be more power cos the car is getting more air in, than it gets on the dyno. I'm just wondering whether this is making my car run lean or not. If it is, I will have to get a remap cos I like the induction kit and do not want to get rid of it.

Stephen Done from EcuTek has a cold air induction kit on his car, not the APS, but it is similar and his car is not running lean, but then again he has a Tek 3 with a map to suit his induction kit and other mods. If Stephen tested this induction kit before the re map maybe he could tell us if his car ran lean with the induction kit before the re map.

Has anybody else got an APS tested with a Delta Dash?

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 22 May 2002, 12:20 AM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

You think that I can have a APS coold intake system whitout the KN filter and put insted of it a APEXI Power intake. Will fit and if fit I have space to put this filter (if you do not know you can chek this to me plase). Another thing how many time you have this part fitted? You have some problems whit the air sensor?

Thank you.
Old 22 May 2002, 12:38 AM
Cosie Convert
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Wrexy

You anywhere near KOS ? I'm off there for 2 weeks later today

Andy
Old 22 May 2002, 12:40 AM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

The APS kit comes with a K&N filter part number RU 3130 which is the only filter that will fit it out of the K&N ones. I don't know if there is an APEXi filter of the same size that will fit it. The K&N is the safest filter IMHO.

I have not fitted the induction kit myself. My friend from Australia who is a tuner and who owns a performance shop, who I bought the induction kit off, came to Greece for a holiday and fitted it for me.

I am not sure if I have a problem with the air sensor. My car is running a bit lean and I thought the air sensor was faulty. I replaced the air sensor with a new one, but the car is running the same again. The car feels good but the Delta Dash says the car is a little lean. I have to find out why this is happening. Maybe because of APS, but maybe not. Maybe faulty ECU, or faulty lamda sensor, or maybe faulty airflow sensor.

Cheers,

Wrexy.

Old 22 May 2002, 12:44 AM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Andy,

I'm on the mainland in the Peloponese about 1 1/2 hours drive south west of Athens. Kos is quite far mate. I would have to catch a plane or go there by boat. Is that the only place you're going? If you go to Athens I'd defo come to meet you. I'd like to meet up with you m8.

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 22 May 2002, 12:55 AM
Cosie Convert
Scooby Regular

Wrexy

Yea, just chillin on the Island, it was a last minute deal. 2 weeks for two for the price of a hybrid turbo Holiday instead of Hybrid !! I must be mad

Hope you get to the root of the 870mv "problem" Just watch this space, I bet John Banks is running at 870mv within a few months

Andy
Old 22 May 2002, 01:07 AM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Have a good time on the isle mate! It's great, I've been there. Are you going to have access to Scoobynet while you're there?

I like the 0.87Volt running. Perfect mixture, but the question is, how, on a stock ECU? What has caused the car to do this. I mean, you normally would have to tune an ECU to get that mixture. This is what frightens me.

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 22 May 2002, 06:15 AM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Wrexy,

What fuel do you get in Greece?

Richard
Old 22 May 2002, 11:34 AM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

We get two fuels. Our fuel here is advertised as 95 Ron NUL and 98 Ron SUL. Whether it really is what it says it is, is anyones guess. There are rumours that NUL is 92 Ron and SUL is 95 Ron. Our Optimax called V Power, advertised with Michael Shumacher and Ferrari, is 95 Ron. This is info is from Shell. It's odd cos it's 99 everywhere else in Europe. I don't know anymore.

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 22 May 2002, 12:36 PM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

When yo resolve the problem e-mail me whit is answer to I see if I buy te APS coold air intake or not.

Thank you.

PS: Buy the way see this: www.gtrowner.com/induction.html
Old 22 May 2002, 01:17 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Wrexy,

I am sure John Banks told me that his car ran slightly leaner,with his FCD fitted.have you tried removing yours to see what happens?
Old 22 May 2002, 04:21 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

T-uk,

I haven't mate, but it is one of the things I will try once my laptop comes back. Thanks for the idea!

ScoobyWhite,

I'll let you kmow

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 22 May 2002, 10:54 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Wrexy
your Laptop is on the way to you

John-Cosie
there are thousands nice and cheap places here for your vacations, and it would be nice to meet you with Wrexy!

JIM
Old 22 May 2002, 11:08 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Old 23 May 2002, 03:21 PM
dmel
Scooby Regular

Question

Talking about fuel,
what do people do in Italy?

When I travelled across Italy I learned that they do not have any 98 RON fuel. They only have 95 RON. I was very suprised to say the least. Do they use 95 RON fuel on their Ferrari's and Scooby's over there?

Anyone from Italy on Scoobynet or someone that knows?
Old 23 May 2002, 03:28 PM
Evildead
Scooby Regular

I'm very happy with the TeK2. only thing that bugs me now is my dodgy solenoid.
so, i tested my dawes together with TeK2, set it to 18,5psi
i almost got that feeling when fitting the dawes on the original... it pulls like 2 trains, logs look ok also.

Old 23 May 2002, 08:40 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Dmel,

There was one fellow on here from Italy, I can't remember his name, and he said that V Power is 99 RON in Italy. He warned against using V Power or Optimax because an Italian magazine tested V Power and it was supposed to dry out the valve seats or valves or something similar. It was to do with the valves, but I can't remember exactly.

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 23 May 2002, 11:43 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Optimax is supposed to clean the deposits that shouldn't be there (but build up when using crap fuel) off the valves.

A test in last months EVO confirmed that this claim is indeed true....Sounds like what he was talking about (except it's a good thing!)

Matt

Quick Reply: Your experiense whit ECUTEK tek2.