Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Low boost after engine change..

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2002, 12:27 AM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Hey all, you may remember my car let go about a month back with big end No 4 gone. Well i got the car back sat after £2000 in damage! The problem i seem to have now is one i had before on my previous engine. The boost has dropped to 0.5 bar! This happened on my last engine but suddenly kicked back up to 0.8 bar on a run?!?!

Now i have checked all the air system for leaks and there are non aparently obvious also i have checked the ECU and that shows no faults. This must be something electronic? that is original part of the engine. Am i right in thinking that if the MAF sensor is kaput the ECU sticks the car to 0.5 bar boost as a safty measure?

If the MAF is a bit kipperd wouldnt that show on the ECU? I have had this problem with boost for ages now although last time it was intermitent. I've had on it, new coil packs, new plugs, fuel filter and full service.

Apart from that it's running loverly now.

Anyone help would be

Old 13 May 2002, 06:29 AM
BruceWarne
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check if there is a restrictor in the pipe leading from turbo to boost control solenoid T-piece.
Old 13 May 2002, 09:13 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem with the MAF, is that it doesn't always appear faulty; so they ECU might not log any faults

You generally get other problems when the MAF goes, like dodgy idling and even the engine stalling. If the ECU detects that it's sh@gged, then it goes into limp mode. I thought this limited the cars revs and not just boost ???

Stefan