Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Scoobs sticking in gear.

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2012, 05:15 PM
Firez34
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scoobs sticking in gear.

Hi! guys finally got the clutch in and gearbox swapped, had a few problems along the way but finally got it done, took it out for a nice steady drive and all was nice and smooth with the gear changes. I pulled up at my dads turned the engine off went in came back out and the car was stuck in 4th the gear, the gear I left in when I turned the engine off. The gear stick wouldn't move it out of gear. Seen as it was facing down hill I decided to drive it home as it's only a mile away. As soon as the car started moving I could select gears ok and it was nice and smooth. Pulled up on the drive with the engine running and went through the gears a few times fine. Turned the engine off with it in second gear and it's stuck again.
Can anyone throw me a bone here as I'm now proper scratching my head. I do need to pop to the scooby clinic tomorrow for a pedal return spring as my car didn't have one fitted before I changed the clutch. We also bled all the old fluid out of the slave cylinder when we did the final steps today and ended up with the pedal sticking down due to air getting in but we sorted that out.
Any help guy's cheers Steve.