Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Exhaust Question...Jamie?

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2002, 07:54 PM
scott k
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jamie or any other gurus on here i need a little advice im looking to put an exhaust and filter on my97 impreza sport wot d'you suggest can you supply me with any figures of performance gains these mods will give me,im a little reluctant to remove the cat so can you bear this in mind, also will these mods require me to get the car re-mapped (not really a prob if the gain outweighs the cost).I aint in it for the pose so i dont really want a hole the size of a dustbin sticking out the bak of mi car. LOL

As discussed earlier on the site an ITG filter seems the way to go which one do i go for plate type or wot can you please explain wot is and how does an induction kit work.(well hey i am new to this tweaking malarky)

Cheers guys
Old 13 April 2002, 10:54 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi Scott!

First time I've been called a guru but thank you very much none the less!

I would suggest, bareing in mind all you have said, a simple but effective 3.5" or the lovely 6x4" oval full system from the cat back from Magnex. Both sound really nice without being obtrusive, basically they compliment the already great sound of the Impreza. (I can back this up if you like by sending you a MP3 sample if you like?)

Regarding the Panel Filter the ITG WB-384 is in stock at the moment and is the most popular panel by far.

We also do a BMC Carbon Dynamic Air Box which you can see on our site. These work very well on Sports, where you mount them where the IC would go on a Turbo, now we have a couple of customers who have these connected into a Turbo style bonnet vent, but they can be easily routed to a cold air duct in the wing or toward the front of the car.

An induction kit simply removes the standard air box under the bonnet and replaces it with usually, a cone shaped element, which allows more air into the engine, the best type of induction kits have some sort of cold air feed such as the APS (Not available for a NA car) and BMC CDA, as these draw, and in some cases ram cold dense air into the engine.

Finally a remap is not necessary at this level of tune.

Hope this helps, BTW you have mail!

Jamie

www.j-w-racing.com
www.performanceexhausts.net