Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

getting fed up! someone please help.

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2010, 10:09 AM
jimscooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting fed up! someone please help.

ok, ive already tried to get some form of answer on here already but knowone wanted to answer me.
if i dont get an answer this time, the car is going up for sale coz ive had enough

clunking that i can feel through the whole car when go around corners slowly?(not when cold) happens once ive been driving it for a while or been on motorway thought it was something to do with viscous diff! not sure, drive shafts! not sure, cv joints! not sure. or anything else.

cant find anything on the net! just want someone to say! oh yes, ive had that, its!!!!!!!!!!

what i want to do is just change the whole lot! cant afford to do that at the mo. could be something silly! dont know though.

the car is a 1999 uk turbo.

what would happen if a pin came out the drive shaft? havent checked that yet? its my latest theory.

the problem seems quite severe and am really worried its doing more damage.

Last edited by jimscooby; 02 June 2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02 June 2010, 10:46 AM
scoobyride
Scooby Regular

have you left the car into a mechanic? you havent got an answer because we cant tell you over the internet you wasting your time posting here leave it in to someone that knows what their doing problem solved m8
Old 03 June 2010, 12:46 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As he says - there are too many things it could be that email diagnosis is a waste of time. take it to someone who can drive, hear, see it Then you'll get an answer.

David APi
Old 03 June 2010, 01:16 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

mine does something similar, only when hot, it's the offside CV joint by the looks of it, I've got another so will be swapping them and hoping that does the trick

it's fine from cold
Old 03 June 2010, 04:57 PM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My00 does the same, only when hot and half or full lock even in reverse. Had some shocks fitted and only noticed from then on, so I'm just thinking as I ant had a geo set up it may be link to this. Who knows but getting it set up this sat or next, if it don't fix then I will take it to be looked at.
Old 03 June 2010, 07:45 PM
MrJim
Scooby Regular

get the centre diff checked out mate i had the same problem as did another member on here mine was centre diff don,t know about his only happens when car is hot never cold hope this helps mate good luck Jim.