Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Help noisey box and leak after clutch fitted !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2010, 08:46 PM
ThiBor
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help noisey box and leak after clutch fitted !!!!!

hi all, i have a major problem with my gearbox, the car went in for a new clutch/flywheel picked it up in the evening drove it home but didnt notice anything at the time as i was more worried about the smoke bellowing from under the bonnet, turned out it was just the oil on the turbo as they couldnt get the bolts out. next morning done a twenty mile steady drive with the wife, we both noticed a bit more of a whine but had a group n tranny mount fitted so thought nothing of it just assumed it was the stiffness in that,
parked up at my bro's and in an hour there was a pool of oil under the car, the oil is coming from the diff area at the front of the box but inside the housing is dry, and there is definatly noise now coming from the box sounds more like worn bearing noise than grinding if that makes any sense, turns out its also a type RA box as its a 555 v-limited, never had any probs before it went for the clutch but at the same time cant see how changing the clutch could cause anything like that ????, any idea's what it could be, diff/box where can i get it rebuilt? as i am told the RA boxes are hard to get,
thx in advance