Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

New clutch....diameter?

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2002, 03:51 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya!

With the recent power hike, along with some perfecting of boost response my clutch is now rapidly going south.

I've got a local shop that can supply me with a ceramic clutch for the stock preassure plate...which seems like a good idea...and it's very good VFM, compared to a fullblown AP one.

But...I do need to find out the diametre of the stock clutch...anyone?

/J
Old 24 March 2002, 04:42 PM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)
Oi, turnip,

230mm......

You need to know if your clutch is just worn, or just slipping from the "power"...

If it's slipping, you really should get the an uprated cover too, given that it's the cover that does the "clamping".

Mark.
Old 24 March 2002, 04:52 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

oi piemuncher!

Yeah...been thinking that...but the "local shop" recommended a ceramic clutch with the stock cover, as I really don't want to split the gearbox at once... They are one of the major rally prep companies around, so I imagine they know their stuff.

AND their solution is abt 1/3rd of a new organic AP...

I'm after a pump and maybe a lambda probe as well...Adam pointed me in your direction...if U've got any connx/ideas feel free to contact me on jerry@dumpventil.com

Cheers!

/J
Old 25 March 2002, 01:33 AM
hackish
Scooby Regular

I looked everywhere but wasn't able to find a single clutch rated for more than 280 ft/lb of torque. Stock, my car is supposed to do 260 and with an exhaust and air intake it's probably doing a little more than that. Unfortunately I had to settle for a 5 puck racing clutch. What a pain. I would not recommend it to anyone.