Going for a quick "Hiss & Dump" !!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2002, 07:03 PM
COMPUCOLIN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi All,

Sad I know, but I have a standard MY99 and miss the hissing, roaring and dumping that was available with all of my previous turbo cars. The turbo hiss/spool up followed by a quiet dump! being my favourite. Actuator flutter would be great (as on my well over boosted previous (wrecked) cars) but this is probably not achievable...

Can anyone let me know which, if any, between a cone filter or front pipe/cat replacement pipe, increase the volume of the spool and internal recirc dump the most ???

Cheers,

Colin....
Old 20 March 2002, 07:29 PM
UkLegacyT
Scooby Regular

pipercross induction, you'll here the turbo hiss, and also the re-circ valve aswell.
as for the chatter, this is the air cutting back over the compressor blades. if you want to hear it, remove dump valve and block the holes, but only when youve fitted the above induction kit.

ian

p.s. be aware that the removal of the dump valve puts more stress on the turbo bearings and hence shortens its life, but however ive run without one for ages and no probs
Old 21 March 2002, 05:35 PM
COMPUCOLIN
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cheers Ian. I think that it is safer for me to forget the chatter then for now I will record it and play on cd player instead !!! Will be going for induction kit shortly.

Noticed your from North Wales...nice place, brilliant clear roads up and around Snowdon, done some good driving around over there on several sunny days...Cheers again, Colin...
Old 21 March 2002, 06:20 PM
UkLegacyT
Scooby Regular

no probs mate

and yes, roads are brill, though there are more speed traps appearing
Old 21 March 2002, 06:28 PM
COMPUCOLIN
Scooby Regular

Angry

Funny you should say that...I pulled out of a turning today (flashed out by car turning in), clear open wide road, thrashed through 1st and 2nd to get out of the cars way (behind the flashing car) and did a 0 to 45 straight into a 'trevelo' front facing camera which took a nice snap of me !!! First speeding event in 15 years !! Not good. Cheers, Colin...
Old 21 March 2002, 06:47 PM
UkLegacyT
Scooby Regular

i used a speed detector thingy about 2yrs back, but its been in the drawer since, as it makes you on edge when driving and your forever looking out for cameras, it done my head in!

ian